Accelerator Pump - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Accelerator Pump

Old 11-15-2018, 09:31 PM
Rollie 1
Freshman User
Rollie 1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Accelerator Pump

I have a 1985 F250 7.5L and continue to have a problem with the accelerator pump gasket dripping fuel. I replaced the whole assembly about 5 years ago and it has started once again. The 4 screws are as tight as I dare for fear of breaking them off inside the body. Would double gaskets work? Or could you use Permatex 2A on the gaskets?

Old 11-16-2018, 12:05 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
The cover plate or whatever it's called might be warped. Can try using a piece of emery paper on a square of plate glass and sanding it down a bit getting it absolutely flat. Sealants that will hold up to gasoline over time are hard to find, though there are some. Worth a try.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:35 AM
beartracks
Post Fiend
beartracks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Are you sure it's not the bowl or metering block gasket?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.