Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DEF issues

Old 11-25-2018, 07:39 AM
The Bone
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Superdave71 View Post
I’m not sure how he sees it, but if you look at the big picture and consider manufacturing infrastructure, coal generated electricity, plus raw materials for the emissions equipment plus the distribution and manufacturing of DEF, and then consider mpg suffers because of this equipment, at best you’re a wash.

There’s a time and place for everything. If I operated my truck in an urban environment I’d consider keeping it soot free, but the 36 ricks of firewood I burn a winter probably add more soot than my deleted truck - but at least burning wood is CO neutral.
Sp you are ok adding one more thing to pollute the air. You cant say because of how electricity is produced or how DEF is produced causes more pollution makes no sense. Thats like saying eating stake causes more methane. How many people on this site have removed the pollution equipment from there truck just on this site. Now just add your name to the list. I like not having a black spot on the back of my truck. I like that I don't smell diesel exhaust.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:39 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
You have to remember that forums magnify a problem that might not be a problem in the real world. You have a very limited subset of the 6.7 owners in a single forum and then they might be in other forums under a different name. If they post in all the forums they are members, you multiply the number of complaints about a problem.

And taking the membership of one forum is 5,000 for the 6.7 or even 10,000 members, that would be a mere drop in the bucket compared to the millions of vehicles with the 6.7 installed and most with no problems being reported.
And not too many people come to a forum to report all is well either.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:38 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
And not too many people come to a forum to report all is well either.
Why would they come to report all is good? If they are not having a problem, then why would they clutter up the forums with "No Problem" reports? Or even get on a forum?

Old 11-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
Why would they come to report all is good? If they are not having a problem, then why would they clutter up the forums with "No Problem" reports? Or even get on a forum?
That was my point - except that a bunch of us became friends and we come here to keep up with each other.... and have get togethers - talk about how we enjoy using our vehicles.

When I got my first diesel it was a 6.0 and that never happened because we were busy driving rental cars while our truck was at the dealer getting fixed.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:00 AM
tradosaurus
Senior User
tradosaurus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
Sp you are ok adding one more thing to pollute the air. You cant say because of how electricity is produced or how DEF is produced causes more pollution makes no sense. Thats like saying eating stake causes more methane. How many people on this site have removed the pollution equipment from there truck just on this site. Now just add your name to the list. I like not having a black spot on the back of my truck. I like that I don't smell diesel exhaust.
Logic says if you get better fuel mileage you burn less fuel therefore you are reducing the impact at the front end of production. Also logic dictates that I won't be filling landfills with plastic DEF containers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: