November Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:10 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That would not be a good move.
when does thdd service manager become official
our heat was off this morning when we got up. It was that stupid 3 amp fuse. It was loose in the holder

Old 11-16-2018, 11:53 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I have to get the seal of approval from the district manager, he is supposed to be here the first of next week.
Decided to drive half way down to Florida on Thursday after work when we head down to Disney World in March. Decided to stay somewhere in either Tifton or Valdosta. A lot easier to split the drive in half and not be rushed.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:43 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I was taking with the wife last night about the quick Disney trip and she said: Since we are going I want to stay and extra day and go to Animal Kingdom too! Now it looks like we are leaving on Wednesday after work and going to the Magic Kingdom one day and Animal Kingdom one day. She also wants to eat at the Rainforest Cafe while at Animal Kingdom. This quick inexpensive trip is morphing into a longer and more expensive trip. Going to be strange since it will be our first ever trip without taking our daughter.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:45 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Are you going to be able to get off work? As SM they may not want you gone alot. That right around tge start of busy season

Old 11-17-2018, 09:22 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,489 Likes on 1,393 Posts
Good Saturday morning Georgia, Stephen, Hugh and all the gang.
Hope your weekend is starting off well.
Cold here but no "wet stuff" of any kind falling is good.
Off to spread gravel on the roar to the barn.
Stephen how id the new gig going, still liking it?

Old 11-17-2018, 01:05 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
It 60 right now. Was going to work on tractor but ny neighbor was doing one of their Tday dinner ps So went over to my place and cut some lumber (milled last year) for a platform bed I need to build

Old 11-17-2018, 01:07 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
My job is the greatest! Be even better when I officially get the service manager job next week, and a pay raise too!
I already talked to my boss before I even talked to the wife about going back. He said no problem.

After thinking about it I might just scrap the March Disney trip, maybe plan a long weekend trip to the beach and plan a Disney trip or cruise towards October/ November of next year.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:24 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Pulled the fan motor down on the Dodge and there were leaves and junk in the fins. It blows a lot better but still low heat. The hose going to the heater core is hot so I went ahead and ordered a heater core.
Found a short on the control board for the hot tub, going to contact the place I got it from and see if there is any kind of warranty.
We decided to delay our Orlando trip till sometime in June or July. I hope to score free military appreciation tickets to Seaworld. Then we will just take a long weekend and do a Disney Day and then a Sea World day. The wife says she can handle the heat if it's just 2 days.

I cut down 3 trees today that were close to where we park the motorhome. I did not want to take a chance of them falling on the motorhome on a windy day. After driving the Dodge around for a while removing tree limbs and such the heater went to working great.

Come to find out my boss at work rebuilds 4wheelers on the side, specializes in Brute Force 750's. I loaded ours on the trailer today and taking it to work so he can fix it for me.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:38 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Short week for us working stiffs!
My daughters boyfriend asks me if he could marry our daughter yesterday. I said yes but said they should not be in a big hurry to tie the knot. I also told him if he cheated on her or hit her I would kill him.
I ordered a wedding band set for the wife for christmas since her original set came up missing. We think one of our daughters friends stole it while spending the night but my wife doesn't always wear them all the time so we are not sure exactly when they disappeared.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:37 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
If they get married real fast grandpa in about it months. My S-i-l ask also. It was not intermediate. He ask either DEC or Jan Married in March. Not pregant when asked , but give it take a week when they were married. I can give you some tips to save money on the wedding. It easy to drop 10k on a wedding.

over 34 years lost count of wedding sets we have bought. Most of my AF time I was only one working( E6) first 8 years . Never had great paying jobs after that.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:15 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I'm not spending 10 grand on a wedding, that's totally out of the question.
Boss looked at the 4 wheeler and says he doesn't think it will take much to get it going again. The dang thing tried to run while we were messing with it. He thinks it may have one bad cylinder so it will cheap to repair as long as the bottom end is good..

Old 11-20-2018, 04:43 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Ag-Pro took everyone to lunch at Cracker Barrel for thanksgiving lunch yesterday. I love my job! Still waiting for the district manager to come and finish the service manager job process.
They are working on the base layer so they can lay the asphalt at the new store. Should start working at the new store sometime around the middle of next month.
The wife wants to take little man to a christmas train ride in Chattanooga or to the christmas events at stone mountain.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:34 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Stone Mountain is any where from 30 to 60 pp

With the surpise I got yesterday getting closer to get tge Ford back on the road. Definitely get the Mazda on the rd. I still think going manual.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:10 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I know you will be glad to have the Ford going again.
The district service manager will be at the store this morning so fingers crossed on a good interview.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:24 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Did you get the same surprise I got? The Ford may have to wait a little longer. I put a downpayment on Lexie's Christmas present last night p/u today. 2019 Ploaris Ranger 500. Now to get the golf cart sold

Quick Reply: November Chat Thread