Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Ford LOBO

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 03:12 AM
annick
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford LOBO

Hi, I am from Belgium. We are going to buy our first F150! Our local USA car dealer has a ford lariat LOBO 3.5 V6 ecoboost, model 2018. But I can't find info about the LOBO. Just on a mexican site. There I can see the Ford F150 and the Ford LOBO. Are they two different cars or is LOBO just a model for the mexican market?
And most important, should we buy it or not
Thanks!

Old 09-24-2018, 05:11 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,231 Likes on 808 Posts
Welcome!

The Lobo is marketed in Mexico but it's entirely the same F-150. Enjoy!!

Old 09-24-2018, 08:46 AM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Yes, Lobo is the Mexican version of Ford F-150. I think the Canadian F-150 Lariat is slightly cheaper right now because the Mexican peso has strengthened against the U.S. dollar lately. Both use metric speedometers. Lobos aren't made in Mexico anymore. All the buttons are the same as my American F-150, none of them are in Spanish. We could easily get the Sync3 to display in English or French. I really don't think there's any difference.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:06 AM
annick
New User
Ok, so no reason for us not to buy it than

And indeed, he looks completely the same inside as the other trucks we saw.

We just want to be sure that if we buy one, it's a good one, for at least 10-15 years (I hope )
Apparently it's not that easy in Belgium.

Because last month we almost bought a f150 XLT with the title "salvage car, flood damage". Came from Miami CAS
The truck was over 1 year old and had 400km... and it was cheap. The salesman said it was a DEMO car in the US.
I didn't trust it at all, so I tracked the VIN.

(Hope my English is ok... )

Old 09-24-2018, 09:16 AM
annick
New User
The photo's

Old 09-24-2018, 10:04 AM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
If the dealer claims to be exporting it from the U.S., that is not possible. Ford Lobo cannot be registered in the U.S., that is why you will not find the VIN history.

Even if it was in a flood, you will not find the VIN because it's not American. it cannot be sold as used car in the U.S. either.

Did they tell you the history of the car? How many miles?

Old 09-24-2018, 12:13 PM
annick
New User
It was the F150 XLT that was in a flood, not the LOBO.

The Lobo is the one that we might wanna buy. That's a new truck or at least it should be a new one.
We have an appointment on Thursday with the car dealer to testdrive it.
(Another dealer than the one that wanted to sell us the flood car of course! )

But thanks for the info! I didn't know that a lobo can't be registered in the U.S. Good to know!!
Also good to know that we can't track the VIN of this one. But if it is a new car, it's not necessary I think...

It will be our first american truck, our dream, so the more info we can get, the better

Old 09-24-2018, 12:35 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 221 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by annick
It was the F150 XLT that was in a flood, not the LOBO.

The Lobo is the one that we might wanna buy. That's a new truck or at least it should be a new one.
We have an appointment on Thursday with the car dealer to testdrive it.
(Another dealer than the one that wanted to sell us the flood car of course! )

But thanks for the info! I didn't know that a lobo can't be registered in the U.S. Good to know!!
Also good to know that we can't track the VIN of this one. But if it is a new car, it's not necessary I think...

It will be our first american truck, our dream, so the more info we can get, the better
So are you looking at this for Belgium?

Old 09-24-2018, 12:39 PM
annick
New User
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
So are you looking at this for Belgium?
Yes, for Belgium

Old 09-24-2018, 01:09 PM
jimmy-six
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That Lobo side badge is great...need to get a set...Does the tailgate have it too?

Old 09-24-2018, 01:20 PM
annick
New User
Yes, also in the tailgate

Old 09-24-2018, 02:43 PM
JKBrad
Received 810 Likes on 595 Posts
Please consider a trip to the US to pick out your truck in person. Many brokers are shady and will try to ship poorly repaired vehicles overseas. Much like we saw here with gray market German cars in the 80s and 90s.

Is there not another country in Europe that sells new Ford trucks? I recently returned from Iceland and saw many new Ford trucks there. I know there is a ferry that runs from Denmark to Iceland. It might be worth looking into.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:17 PM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
I don't know about Iceland but I can say with 99% certainty Ford F-150's are not sold new anywhere else in Europe. Don't know about Iceland, never been there. Not even in Denmark, I checked ford.dk, the closest country to Iceland, and it's not sold there.

Ford Lobo.. well, the VIN isn't registered.

How many miles on that Lobo? Do you know? Is it really new? I find it odd that it's coming from Mexico, not Canada. I would prefer a Canadian F-150 since VIN's are public information.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:10 PM
JKBrad
Received 810 Likes on 595 Posts
You can buy a new Ford in Iceland. I saw many new Super Duties there, on the road and at dealers. I saw a few old F150s and only one new one. But they do sel them there.

https://www.ford.is/is/bill/f-150

Old 09-25-2018, 02:18 AM
annick
New User
Originally Posted by Wiggums
I don't know about Iceland but I can say with 99% certainty Ford F-150's are not sold new anywhere else in Europe. Don't know about Iceland, never been there. Not even in Denmark, I checked ford.dk, the closest country to Iceland, and it's not sold there.

Ford Lobo.. well, the VIN isn't registered.

How many miles on that Lobo? Do you know? Is it really new? I find it odd that it's coming from Mexico, not Canada. I would prefer a Canadian F-150 since VIN's are public information.
In Belgium and the Netherlands we can also buy new ford trucks. But not in an official ford garage. Here we have car dealers that specialize in American trucks. All imported cars of course.
In Belgium we have the ford ranger, but my husband doesn't want that , he said: F150 or nothing

I don't know yet where this LOBO came from. I will ask the dealer when we go see him on Thursday.
The lobo has less than 50miles. So I would think (hope) it is a new one.
But how can we know it is really new?
And if he says it came from Mexico, should we buy it or better not?
This car dealer has a good reputation I think, I asked around and googled him. So hopefully he is indeed honest.

A trip to the U.S. is not possible for the moment

That's why I'm on this forum, to ask for a lot of information and hopefully than buy a good truck
Thanks everyone

Quick Reply: Ford LOBO