Maf questions - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Maf questions

Old 09-19-2018, 06:11 PM
89_f150_mudtruck
Freshman User
89_f150_mudtruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Maf questions

Ok so iv done some reading but still got a few questions.i have a 93 f150 5.0 manual trans swapped.still running the auto SD ecu.i got a 94 f150 5.0 MAF truck for free.ran great just rotted.what do i need to MAF swap my 93 SD truck.i allready have the 94 MAF trucks entire under hood harness out.along with ecu.and distributer.if needed.can i just swap the entire underhood harness and ECU over to my 93? What other changes will i have to make.i have an entire parts truck to use.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:27 PM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
You only need the wiring that goes to the engine, don't need anything related to lights, brakes, airbags, anything else so you can unwrap it and strip out all that stuff. If you try to add all that wiring to your truck you will rin i That MAF truck will be an automatic too so you will need the trans wiring to fit the MLPS sensor and minimize codes.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:37 PM
89_f150_mudtruck
Freshman User
So what do i do with the new engine harness? Just just plug it into the normal spot and put in the maf ecu ?

Old 09-19-2018, 07:48 PM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
What do you mean by " plug it into the normal spot "? You cannot use any portion of the original SD EFI harness, you have to use a complete MAF harness that goes all the way from the engine back to the PCM.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:52 PM
89_f150_mudtruck
Freshman User
Yep never mind i see what your saying now haha.i have to unrap it and separte the engine side of the harness.and keave the body side basically

Old 09-21-2018, 03:05 PM
89_f150_mudtruck
Freshman User
How am i supposed to get just the engine harnes out of this mess ???

Old 09-21-2018, 03:59 PM
Scndsin
Du Nawt Seek The Treasure
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
Sorry I'm late to the party, but here's what I would have suggested before unwrapping it all:

Virtually everything is going to the same place.

So on the ORIGINAL harness, if you can identify all the underhood components & by taking everything loose (one at a time) Then wrapping a piece of blue tape at each connector. & labeling it.

Lay it out in the general shape as it sits in the engine bay on the ground.

Now make the donor harness look like that one, labels & all.

Oh & you will have to remove the upper intake so prepare to deal with the vac lines if they are original.

Did you remove the donor & not cut anything at all & is the fuse box still connected?

Old 09-21-2018, 04:27 PM
89_f150_mudtruck
Freshman User
Yep everything is still all connected from donor harness didnt cut anything

Old 09-21-2018, 06:32 PM
Scndsin
Du Nawt Seek The Treasure
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
Well good then, the above is my suggestion.

Got no idea what to tell you to do with the auto connections, but leave them there.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:47 PM
89_f150_mudtruck
Freshman User
Well so far so good headlights and everything works after body harness swap lol tomorrow ill finish the motor side and trans.ill just put the harness on and click the thing to neutral and it will start thats what i did when i manual swapped it.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:30 AM
89_f150_mudtruck
Freshman User
Got it running runs good.i didnt have to change the trans harness either plugged rite in but the plug next to the trans harness plug whats that for ? Everything works and i lft that unplugged.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.