N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Sept 2018 all topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 08:03 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
If I could afford it, I would add hand controls to my Thunderbird.

Jim

Old 09-29-2018, 10:24 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
Sorry about the bad air. I created a self-inflicted complication the other day. I slipped, fell, & twisted my ankle while trying to climb over a barb-wire fence. Granted it was on a steep slope, and slippery grass, but I should have been more careful. Had a real hard time hiking up and down the hill (about a 1/2 mile). When I got home, it was swollen like a balloon.

So we went into Kaiser yesterday, and they told me I broke my ankle (fibula), plus there are a couple of "fragments". They said that it might be OK if they just stabilize it and put it in a cast for 6 weeks, but the foot is unstable now, and surgery is recommended. We've scheduled surgery for Monday & they will put in a plate, remove the fragments, and put me in a walking cast. Kind of an oxymoron, as I won't be able to walk on it for 6 weeks. Sheesh. This sure puts a harsh on my mellow. To put icing on the cake, it's my right foot, and the surgeon says I should not drive. Heck, I think I can drive left footed. Right? Or is that Left? Maybe I mean correct.
Dang! Take it easy man. Make sure it gets fixed right or it'll be screwed up forever.

I fell off a ladder for the first time last Sat. I was only 2 rungs up but I went down hard and only grabbing my brother's shirt on the way down saved me from breaking something.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:56 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
Dang! Take it easy man. Make sure it gets fixed right or it'll be screwed up forever.

I fell off a ladder for the first time last Sat. I was only 2 rungs up but I went down hard and only grabbing my brother's shirt on the way down saved me from breaking something.
Advice taken! The doc said it "could" be just splinted up, but it would probably be a problem for the rest of my life. He advised that the surgery is fairly simple and that the recovery time was about the same. The surgery will stabilize the foot position, and I should be good for the duration. We'll see, surgery is tomorrow.