2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2019 version

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 03:18 PM
RaiderBob
Mountain Pass
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Firescooby
What LED lights are those in the grill?
those look like the rough country lights. I have a set waiting to be installed

Old 03-23-2021, 03:38 PM
jets20
Trailering
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RaiderBob
those look like the rough country lights. I have a set waiting to be installed
Yes, They are the Rough Country lights.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:01 PM
Blueforester
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jets20
Yes, They are the Rough Country lights.
Yep, thanks jets20 for this info earlier. My set of RC LED lights came today. I can't wait to get them installed. Reading up on the upfitter switches. Found that they are hot on Run and want to say Start. But that doesn't make since. Probably Run and On. However, read you can set switches 5 and 6 to be hot all the time. This is my first electrical upgrade. So not sure at this point what else may be added down the road.

But I'm thinking that I will be adding some rear LEDS lights. So I'm thinking about running these on switch 5 and 6 so can flip on the LEDs without engine running to add some light around truck at night like when loading and unloading going to and from the lake or hunting club. And they draw very little amps so will not be a big draw on the batteries.

Are those wiring these LEDs to the upfitter switches wiring their's this way? Or wiring to switches that power on with engine running?

Thanks.

Blue

Old 03-24-2021, 12:42 PM
nitebreeze
More Turbo
Received 192 Likes on 111 Posts

OEM fog light bulb

LED

OEM bulb

LED

I swapped out the 2019 XLT truck’s OEM factory fog light bulbs with exact fit plug-n-play fog light LEDs (3200 lumens total). Much brighter with the LED. LED photos are fog light only, no headlights.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:33 AM
MadMaxx84
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nitebreeze

OEM fog light bulb

LED

OEM bulb

LED

I swapped out the 2019 XLT truck’s OEM factory fog light bulbs with exact fit plug-n-play fog light LEDs (3200 lumens total). Much brighter with the LED. LED photos are fog light only, no headlights.
Looks like you turned the Fog Lights into Flood Lights.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:46 AM
BC2019F250
Tuned
Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by MadMaxx84
I agree. They don't look like fog lights anymore, they look like oncoming traffic glare lights.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:48 AM
Pugga
Fleet Mechanic
Received 442 Likes on 297 Posts
Originally Posted by nitebreeze

OEM fog light bulb

LED

OEM bulb

LED

Well, you effectively made your fog lights useless for foggy conditions. You have no cutoff at all in your photos, just a ton of light scattered everywhere.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:46 AM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by MadMaxx84
Originally Posted by BC2019F250
I agree. They don't look like fog lights anymore, they look like oncoming traffic glare lights.
My thoughts too.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:02 AM
GNR22
Fabri-cobbler
Received 515 Likes on 340 Posts
The purpose of fog lights is to exist as light under the fog, as to not reflect off of the low hanging fog and blind the driver's view of the roadway. Another case of LED lights not meant for the housing they are installed in, causing a huge amount of light thrown carelessly in all directions. Certainly they will be "bright" to the driver of the truck, as well as all oncoming traffic, and useless in adverse conditions.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:57 PM
nitebreeze
More Turbo
Thanks for all the pointers. I had the same thoughts. I agree with all the comments about these LED lights no good for fog lights. Where I live it is very rural and small rural backroads with very little traffic and my main concern is deer and bear crossing. The OEM fog lights were useless for me and in two years I didn’t use them. I wanted to add a regular LED lightbar but am unwilling to block radiators air flow. So I finally got around to replacing the OEM fog light bulbs with the LEDs. The LEDs are way brighter than I expected and they accomplished what I needed the lights for. No need for a LED lightbar ifor me now. If it is snowing super heavy at night and I need to be out I will just use only the low beam headlights. We don’t get heavy fog where I live unless you head towards civilization and go down to the river valleys and when that is the situation I just avoid the valley fog and stay in the hills and take the backroads.

The following 2 users liked this post by nitebreeze:
Old 03-27-2021, 01:31 PM
Blueforester
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
SNAFU - Minor Set-Back

Well, so others know and do not make the same mistake I did. Order the RC 8" light kit that Jets20 posted link for above! They will fit a 2019 F250 Lariat.

Do NOT do what I did. While on the RC website I looked around and found another RC 8" light kit, and saw where it specified CREE LEDs, which I'm familiar with, and option for black lenses. And they where about $30 cheaper. And on the Amazon website there was a picture in the reviews of a guys 2019 Lariat with these same lights installed. So I decided to go with these. Mistake!

So late yesterday, Friday afternoon after work, I decided to go ahead install my knew lights. Against my wife's advise and snarling something about not a good idea you know how these projects turn out. And dang it she was right, again ,and she let me know it. I got the grille out no problem. Second mistake brought it into the house where we have like a craft table and laid a beach tower on it and set the grille and other small tools on it to work on. Well caught it again. I told you not to bring car parts in the house and work on them! I tried to calm her fears that it is all just plastic. Its my fault as I traumatized my wife early on after we got married when I use to soak carburetors in carburetor cleaner then bring in the house to rinse with hot water. Then rebuild them at the dinning room table where had a clean area and lighting. Well that ended when she started bring up the "D" word"!

Solution, called Rough Country and discovered the only difference between the wrong light kit I ordered, and the one Jets20 specified, PN: 70697 for black series, is the mounting brackets. They modified the brackets to fit the 2019 Lariat and upped the price $30 dollars. So RC had just the bracket kit and so it's now on order.

Well day is not all lost. I order and received a DPF Fox dual steering stabilizer kit this week. My truck came from Ford with custom SCA Performance package with 6" lift and 37" BFGs. It's obvious they cut corners to keep cost down as the ride is good but that is about all. But I'm not liking the handling and steering for a new truck. I put a about a 5" lift w/ 35" BFG on my 2002 years ago and put on a DPF dual steering stabilizer w/ Bilsteins then. And even up till about a year ago since I last drove it the steering and handling was always tight and confident. My 2019 not as much. So next project today is install of this dual Fox SS.

Next project, when I get all the parts in as some had to be ordered from Ford, Is replacing the rear leaf springs and hardware with those that came equipped on 2019 SD with the heavy duty tow package. I'm really looking forward to this upgrade. It is disappointing to see a new 3/4 ton SD truck squat with just a little load on it or even a small trailer.

Blue

Old 03-27-2021, 07:21 PM
Pugga
Fleet Mechanic
Received 442 Likes on 297 Posts
Took a can of VHT to my 3rd brake light, changes the look a bit.

Old 03-29-2021, 07:29 AM
F-117HWK
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jets20
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/al...pring-kit.html

During install and where I put the filler valves.
Thanks. Very clean look with the fillers.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:26 PM
nitebreeze
More Turbo
Installed Kelderman Fox dual steering stabilizer

Old 04-07-2021, 12:40 PM
Tsubakihara
Laughing Gas
Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by SCOTTx88
WOW!! I really like this truck. Put the Ford Bug shield on it and a Lund Tonneau Cover. Really like the looks of the Bug shield.

New/Old

That profile pic is one pretty truck - really like that!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Superduty today? 2019 version