Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bent pushrod??

Old 06-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
So are they going to help out? Or do you have to buy all new again?

Old 06-12-2018, 09:33 PM
fyrehose
Junior User
fyrehose is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nope, I have to buy all new injectors

Old 06-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Send that one to someone else to get it rebuilt. I sure wouldn't buy from them again. If they built it, they should have parts. At least that's what I would think.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:34 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by fyrehose View Post
The problem is a bad injector. I only have 20,000 on the injectors but have to replace all of them as swamps does not have the parts to fix it.
I once had a bad injector after a rebuild to 160/100 singles from Full Force Diesel. He sent me another injector (no charge) and I sent mine back after the swap - he even covered the shipping. I'm not saying Ryan does that for free in all scenarios (20,000 miles and the time it takes to go that far might be out of warranty), but the level of service and support would not change.

If they are trying to charge you full boat for another set after 20K miles, I'd pull the plug and sink that relationship.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:03 AM
fyrehose
Junior User
Yes, I am not happy with them at all. It took them 2 weeks before they even looked at the injector. Now they say they have no parts to fix it. They quoted me 1600 for a set of remanufactured. Injectors. Any ideas on where to purchase new injectors?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:01 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud of
I got a new set from P.I.S. last year. Had some other stuff going on so I didn't get the truck running a few months ago. Great injectors but the customer service aspect was lacking. They were bought last year and moved facilities. They finally seem to be getting their customer service act together (almost a year later). They are doing better but I woudn't put their flag on my front lawn yet. I bought my injectors from them before they were sold so I can't speak to their product at the new shop.

Full Force was a v-e-r-y close second when I was looking around for injectors. Between talking with them a few times and reading of Tugly's issues and that Ryan stood by his product almost pushed them past P.I.S.

If it were me I'd call some of the more well known 7.3L injector shops and talk with them. Tell them your situation and see what they say. I think you can learn a lot more about a company/shop on the phone than you can on-line. Maybe I'm just old school (or maybe just old) but you can learn a lot from personal contact, even if it is just a voice on the other end of the line.

Nobody's perfect but some are better than others. Everyone has different priorities and important factors that they consider as well as truck condition and performance goals. In addition to calling some of the shops themselves (P.I.S., Full Force, Rosewood, Unlimited, etc.), cruise some of the major aftermarket websites to see what they sell. You can call them to see what is selling, what people like, how customer service is with those shops, etc.

One thing I learned is to make sure you know who you go through to get work done. If you don't buy directly from ABC Injectors Inc. (e.g. you buy injectors through XYZ Performance Bros.com) find out how you get things done (warranty, repairs, etc.). Can you call ABC Injectors Inc. or do you have to contact XYZ Performance Bros.com and have them work with ABC Injectors Inc. to get your injectors fixed?

Again, just my personal opinion and way more than .02

Old 06-13-2018, 09:14 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Maybe get in touch with Rosewood to see if he can help you out on that one injector.

PIS has been the go to, but as Brian mentioned some things have changed internally for them.

Full Force or Unlimited Diesel would be my next choices if I were in your shoes.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:48 AM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
So are these injectors 5 years old? I thought they warranty them for five years. They can order parts the same as any buddy else. If there building them. Shame this happen to you.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:53 AM
fyrehose
Junior User
I bought the injectors in 2009 so over 5 years. It just seems weird they don't have parts to fix it. Also when I initially installed them, the same code came up . I told swamps about this but they downplayed it and said it must be something besides the injector. So it was bad from the beginning. I ended up purchasing full force injectors. They should be in next week. No more swamps.