2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Pressure washer

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 08:14 PM
Yoteman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrwinger
The plan right now is to hook up an RV style water pump (RV pumps have a pressure switch to turn the pump on & off when the demand is present). Pressure washer uses under 2 gallons per min, so I figure I can get away with a 3-4 gal/min pump & be good to go.

The other option is to set up a gravity fed system (lots of good youtube vids on this), but I don't particularly want to set this up.

Final option is to just do the final rinse with the DI water sans pressure washer. I can just use a hi flow pump & do a final rinse with the DI water.

I'll let you know how it turns out...
i use a similar pump with higher gpm to clean shingled roofs. They work very well due to the high volume and low pressure and is the only approved method by shingle manufacturers. My chemicals are very hard on these pumps though, so I go through a few of them every year.

Ive seen the gravity fed tanks used on direct drive power washers before. Another option is you can add a gear reduction drive water pump to an existing engine and it will pull from a tank.

Pressure Tek Sales

Pressure Tek Sales

Old 04-19-2018, 08:17 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by toymaster
I ran into the same problem with the Flux Capacitor I was wanting to install in my truck. The little gadget was not bad but the fuel supplier were a bitch, damn Iranians.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:49 PM
jrwinger
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yoteman

i use a similar pump with higher gpm to clean shingled roofs. They work very well due to the high volume and low pressure and is the only approved method by shingle manufacturers. My chemicals are very hard on these pumps though, so I go through a few of them every year.

Ive seen the gravity fed tanks used on direct drive power washers before. Another option is you can add a gear reduction drive water pump to an existing engine and it will pull from a tank.

Pressure Tek Sales

Pressure Tek Sales

I eded up buying a cheap transfer pump from Lowes. Threw one end in the 55gal drum of DI water & then connected the other end to my pressure washer. I used a cheap wireless 110v swith (think Xmas tree light wireless remote control). to turn the transfer pump on/off as I needed it with the pressure washer.

It worked great. I'm 100% SOLD on DI water. washed both our cars (used about 30 gallons) and let them sun dry in the 85º sun. no spots. I love it!

Old 04-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Yoteman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrwinger
I eded up buying a cheap transfer pump from Lowes. Threw one end in the 55gal drum of DI water & then connected the other end to my pressure washer. I used a cheap wireless 110v swith (think Xmas tree light wireless remote control). to turn the transfer pump on/off as I needed it with the pressure washer.

It worked great. I'm 100% SOLD on DI water. washed both our cars (used about 30 gallons) and let them sun dry in the 85º sun. no spots. I love it!
glad it worked out for you!