2016 transit: no tpms in spare? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

2016 transit: no tpms in spare?

Old 03-08-2018, 04:41 PM
cjben
Post Fiend
cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.
2016 transit: no tpms in spare?

Wife's 2016 transit connect had a flat,so I put the spare on. Now the low tire pressure light won't go off and it says tpms fault. I tried to train the tires by letting air out for 10 seconds. That worked for all tires except the spare I put on. What do I need to do to get the spare tire trained?

Old 03-09-2018, 08:16 AM
camping nut
Senior User
camping nut is starting off with a positive reputation.
You will need to put a sensor in the spare lol... Yes they do not come with a sensor.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:34 AM
cjben
Post Fiend
cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by camping nut View Post
You will need to put a sensor in the spare lol... Yes they do not come with a sensor.
The tire has to be taken off the bead to do that,right? Which means I have to take it to a tire shop or just deal with the light being on and check tires once a week since we live on gravel. Light is fine with me,but maybe not so much with my wife.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:39 AM
camping nut
Senior User
camping nut is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes the bead has to be broken and a new valve stem which includes the sensor installed. I have done it with just breaking the bead without removing the tire from the rim.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:11 PM
EvanBly
Senior User
EvanBly is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went through the same thing with my wife's Subaru. It came with one of those little fake tires and we had it replaced with a full sized spare--and the light came on. It's a pain, but probably worth dealing with in the long run.