Goodyear Endurance? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Goodyear Endurance?

Old 01-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Post Fiend

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
Arrow Goodyear Endurance?

Is the verdict in yet?

Last time we left off they were "not as good" as Saliun, but much better than the last GY Marathons. First hand experience is great, but second hand experience is good too. If you have been reading about the tires on another forum somewhere, a summarized opinion on them would be welcome.

Any stories of exploding like China bombs or Marathons?

Odd wear patterns?

Bubbles or deformities in the tires showing up?

Thanks for your input, not only for my sake, but for the sake of other readers and people considering the GY Endurance tires.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:47 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
I am running them and so far they are working perfectly. I have bumped up my travel speed with them to 70 mph vs the 65 with the china bombs.

Wearing good so far.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Junior User

Cabindweller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Cabindweller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I plan on installing them before spring arrives.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Elder User

ssunit1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ssunit1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Put the Endurance on last summer. Few thousand miles and no issues. Seem to have good wear and ride and piece of mind vs. the China Bombs I got rid of.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:22 PM
Senior User

Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Is the verdict in yet?

Last time we left off they were "not as good" as Saliun, but much better than the last GY Marathons. First hand experience is great, but second hand experience is good too. If you have been reading about the tires on another forum somewhere, a summarized opinion on them would be welcome.

Any stories of exploding like China bombs or Marathons?

Odd wear patterns?

Bubbles or deformities in the tires showing up?

Thanks for your input, not only for my sake, but for the sake of other readers and people considering the GY Endurance tires.
Is there a reason you finally chose them over the Sailuns?
Old 01-14-2018, 09:10 AM
Post Fiend

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrymac52 View Post
Is there a reason you finally chose them over the Sailuns?
I have a couple of concerns about the Sailuns, they are below.
  1. I cannot say for certain that my rims are capable of withstanding 100-110 PSI. I tried to contact the manufacturer and received no response. I tried to contact Saliun and received information stating that I could run them at 80 PSI, but they would not be up to the sidewall strength that they should be.

Golfmedik was nice enough to post this chart in another thread for me.

As you can see, the PSI rating goes down, but I don't know if this is just to show at what PSI the tire is considered to be in for the different rating (C, D, E, etc), or if this means that the tire could safely be ran at the lower PSI. For me personally, I am not comfortable with inflating a 110 PSI tire to 80 PSI and then trying to turn or back into a spot on that sidewall that may not be up to the task.

2. Some on the internet claim that the rim PSI rating is negligible and what really sets the max PSI on the rim is the valve stem. I don't know for sure about that either, just know what I have read. Again, I don't want to push a rim that is rated to run at 80 PSI up to 110 PSI just to see what happens.

3. Some claim that the Sailuns running at 110 PSI are too stiff of a tire for a trailer rated to run at 80 PSI. They cause the body/living space of the camper to get "beat up" too much, or more than they would or did on the 80 PSI tires. Again, I don't know if this is true and I have not seen it first hand. Just passing along my thoughts. The last thing I want to do is make something worse by trying to make it better.

4. I have not taken a wheel completely off my trailer yet to verify 100% that they are not capable of running the 110 PSI Sailun, but from what I could see the only information stamped on the inside of the wheel is this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by My rim information from another thread View Post

Sendel 5134 B3 16x6J - This is the make and model of the wheel, but very little to no information on Google about it in regards to PSI rating.

Max Load 3580 lbs - I am attempting to correlate this rating to the PSI rating.
    I could upgrade to 8 lug wheels, but doing this so I can run the Sailun tires seems a bit silly to me. The price would increase substantially and is unnecessary really if you get down to it.
So, this leaves me with some of the other name brands and the GY Endurance, the new kid to the party. I hope this helps you understand why I have not totally discounted the Sailuns, but they are not at the top of the list either.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:14 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Went to a RV show at the Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly, VA yesterday.

All the Airstreams and several of the others had Goodyear Endurance tires on them.

Course several still had the China bombs as well, but they are making their way into the manufacture process it would appear.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:32 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by senix View Post
Went to a RV show at the Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly, VA yesterday.

All the Airstreams and several of the others had Goodyear Endurance tires on them.

Course several still had the China bombs as well, but they are making their way into the manufacture process it would appear.
Dangit! I just went to an RV show last weekend (see my post about the Montana with the full sized tub in it) and completely forgot to look for GY Endurance tires on the trailers. We had a good time, but I should have looked at the tires because I would have liked to see them in person...
Old 01-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Elder User

jsm180 has a good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a good reputation on FTE.jsm180 has a good reputation on FTE.
I just bought one from Discount Tire for my car hauler. I wanted Carlisle but the rep told me they are phasing out Carlisle for Goodyear.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:11 AM
Senior User

Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
I have a couple of concerns about the Sailuns, they are below.
  1. I cannot say for certain that my rims are capable of withstanding 100-110 PSI. I tried to contact the manufacturer and received no response. I tried to contact Saliun and received information stating that I could run them at 80 PSI, but they would not be up to the sidewall strength that they should be.

Golfmedik was nice enough to post this chart in another thread for me.

As you can see, the PSI rating goes down, but I don't know if this is just to show at what PSI the tire is considered to be in for the different rating (C, D, E, etc), or if this means that the tire could safely be ran at the lower PSI. For me personally, I am not comfortable with inflating a 110 PSI tire to 80 PSI and then trying to turn or back into a spot on that sidewall that may not be up to the task.

2. Some on the internet claim that the rim PSI rating is negligible and what really sets the max PSI on the rim is the valve stem. I don't know for sure about that either, just know what I have read. Again, I don't want to push a rim that is rated to run at 80 PSI up to 110 PSI just to see what happens.

3. Some claim that the Sailuns running at 110 PSI are too stiff of a tire for a trailer rated to run at 80 PSI. They cause the body/living space of the camper to get "beat up" too much, or more than they would or did on the 80 PSI tires. Again, I don't know if this is true and I have not seen it first hand. Just passing along my thoughts. The last thing I want to do is make something worse by trying to make it better.

4. I have not taken a wheel completely off my trailer yet to verify 100% that they are not capable of running the 110 PSI Sailun, but from what I could see the only information stamped on the inside of the wheel is this.

I could upgrade to 8 lug wheels, but doing this so I can run the Sailun tires seems a bit silly to me. The price would increase substantially and is unnecessary really if you get down to it.
So, this leaves me with some of the other name brands and the GY Endurance, the new kid to the party. I hope this helps you understand why I have not totally discounted the Sailuns, but they are not at the top of the list either.
I have never heard of a Sailun failure, but like you I wondered how a trailer could survive with the pounding it could receive. I still don’t know what to think. Excellent reply btw, thanks
Old 01-14-2018, 12:59 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrymac52 View Post
I have never heard of a Sailun failure, but like you I wondered how a trailer could survive with the pounding it could receive. I still donít know what to think. Excellent reply btw, thanks
Absolutely, you are welcome. I have not heard of a failure either, but I would not want to be "that guy" that was running a Sailun at 80 PSI and things go bad when I am on the road. This sole thought has me leaning toward the GY Endurance. I think they have come down in price a bit too, so that is good.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm180 View Post
I just bought one from Discount Tire for my car hauler. I wanted Carlisle but the rep told me they are phasing out Carlisle for Goodyear.
I've been running the Carlisles for 3 years now with no problems and no abnormal wear.