Size:  1.42 MB

Name:  IMG_20180421_133403_861.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  4.67 MB

Old 04-22-2018, 07:05 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Sexy looking Black Angoooos there, Byron. Is that windmill functional? Our landscape is littered with them but a functioning one is a rarity. We're finally getting into the mid 60's here with an occasional dip into the high 50's for daytime temps. Time for this old groundhog to come out of hibernation.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:20 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
Sexy looking Black Angoooos there, Byron. Is that windmill functional? Our landscape is littered with them but a functioning one is a rarity. We're finally getting into the mid 60's here with an occasional dip into the high 50's for daytime temps. Time for this old groundhog to come out of hibernation.
Thanks Mark! Yeah, that windmill actually does function, but we are in the process of changing all of our watering apparatus to solar power with an underground pump. We have 4 functional windmills, but the cost to operate them is starting to become too much when solar is very dependable. Gonna be a high of 60 here, so they tell us LOL...we will see. Hope you guys have a good Sunday.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:12 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,483 Likes on 2,864 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Before the latest upgrade, the edit window had been thirty days. I dunno if it's still the same, but I edited the title to make it more obvious, I hope it helps.

Byron, I have found that after I edit a post for someone, it resets the 30 day edit window, so you should be able to edit your first post now, if you wanna change it.

Stewart
Thank you sir for the assistance in getting the thread to a much "THERE IT IS" first thing in the morning look.

Originally Posted by hydro man 17

Sous, I have an older Komfort with dual slide for Living room and bed room. Do not know if they still build them that way or still have the same quality level or not.
We had looked at some of those, the problem is with older trailers is that the corners tend to be more pronounced so they do not go well with our short bed truck. Thanks for the suggestion though.

We drove 8 hours to Pensacola Fl and looked at a trailer that was not what he said it was. We were dissapointed because the water damage on it that he said was "one bubble" was more like 4 feet of bubbles in the lamination and then a couple of other spots we were concerned with. Turns out there was another trailer identical to it 6 hours east near Ocala FL, so we drove there.

We put a deposit down on the trailer and are supposed to take payment for ours this afternoon. Long weekend of driving, but things are looking up for our camping season trips.

Happy Monday everyone!

Old 04-23-2018, 09:34 AM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Thanks Mark! Yeah, that windmill actually does function, but we are in the process of changing all of our watering apparatus to solar power with an underground pump. We have 4 functional windmills, but the cost to operate them is starting to become too much when solar is very dependable. Gonna be a high of 60 here, so they tell us LOL...we will see. Hope you guys have a good Sunday.
I did some volunteer work with a wildlife group that rehabbed windmills the same way. Old farmer said that while they were great in their time, they will nickle and dime you to death with constant upkeep. My inlaws have one on there place that I maintain, now that it's been converted to a submerged pump and solar.

My weekend...

At least I didn't have any truck problems.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:37 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ZachinCO
I did some volunteer work with a wildlife group that rehabbed windmills the same way. Old farmer said that while they were great in their time, they will nickle and dime you to death with constant upkeep. My inlaws have one on there place that I maintain, now that it's been converted to a submerged pump and solar.

My weekend...

Nice Zach! Yeah I have had to do that job before. It is NOT a fun one. Nice looking place you have there.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:25 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
We only have to go down about 30" here.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:36 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
The sale of our current 5th wheel finalized today. We took payment and have arranged for pickup this weekend.

Our new to us trailer will be picked up on the 5th of May. It is 7.5 feet shorter and has 2 slides. We are giving up indoor living space and creature comforts for the ability to get the camper parked where we want, which is off grid in the mountains and/or tight spots.

Feels like the right move and we are excited that the new owners of our old trailer are as excited as we are to get into our new trailer.

Sold Keystone Montana High Country 313RE.

Our new to us Heartland Sundance XLT 267RL.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:13 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Nice Zach! Yeah I have had to do that job before. It is NOT a fun one. Nice looking place you have there.
I've got 2 hydrants to add this summer, I'm renting a mini excavator... and thanks, it's a ranchette compared to where you are, but it's working for now.
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
We only have to go down about 30" here.
30" and I'd be digging them up every winter/spring.
Originally Posted by Sous
The sale of our current 5th wheel finalized today. We took payment and have arranged for pickup this weekend.

Our new to us trailer will be picked up on the 5th of May. It is 7.5 feet shorter and has 2 slides. We are giving up indoor living space and creature comforts for the ability to get the camper parked where we want, which is off grid in the mountains and/or tight spots.

Feels like the right move and we are excited that the new owners of our old trailer are as excited as we are to get into our new trailer.

Sold Keystone Montana High Country 313RE.

Our new to us Heartland Sundance XLT 267RL.

Congrats Sous! Looks like a real nice rig to camp in!

Old 04-24-2018, 06:24 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
...We are giving up indoor living space and creature comforts for the ability to get the camper parked where we want, which is off grid in the mountains and/or tight spots....
I hear ya. When I was shopping for "Me & 'er", I had to scratch a lot of nice boats off my shopping list simply because they were a little too wide. I had other reasons to nix a lot of boats, but I would not compromise on it being trailerable on all roads. I was looking at a longer trailerable boat this weekend that had more creature comforts and better sea keeping (for a lot more money), but the idea of finding bigger covered storage for the boat 7 months out of the year while I make that monster payment made me shudder.

Originally Posted by ZachinCO
...My weekend...
I've done my bit on the end of a shovel handle, as "well" as chasing bad hardware down the hole. I've never seen a fitting break like that before... it makes me wonder if it was Chinese steel that you needed to pay extra to replace. Is the reflector so you won't hit it with a riding lawn mower?

Old 04-24-2018, 08:07 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
View from my shop

Name:  IMG_20180424_190136.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  4.69 MB

Old 04-25-2018, 06:13 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
You guys don't want any view shots from my place... you'll feel compelled to kick my *** out of jealousy.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:17 AM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
On a good day, my "view" has a 2018 F250 XLT CCSB Platinum 6.7 (not mine) and a '51 Ford pickup (also not mine). And that's it. Byron needs a tree.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:38 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Rich might be on to something here...

Post up pictures of your home, land or whatever you are proud or happy with at this time, or in the past. Be it city, country, camping spot, whatever, dogs, people, fish, etc... Something that makes you smile that you are willing to share with the brothers and sisters of the FTE community.

My contribution is a shot of our home last week just after mowing the lawn. Bass, catfish, bream and some grass carp in the pond. No fishing license required because it is 100% on our property. When sitting in my leather recliner I am 25 feet from the water. The dock is a floating dock with two wooden chairs that are shaded by the large tree from about 10 AM on. We love our home and being there, but love camping as well.

We are country living and front porch sittin people, but can appreciate the beauty and wonder in all landscapes in our great country.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:39 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Tugly
You guys don't want any view shots from my place... you'll feel compelled to kick my *** out of jealousy.
Don't be so sure Rich! C'mon....postup!! LOL

Originally Posted by SaintITC
On a good day, my "view" has a 2018 F250 XLT CCSB Platinum 6.7 (not mine) and a '51 Ford pickup (also not mine). And that's it. Byron needs a tree.
Naw Tom, us horse people don't like trees. I have a few planted around the backside of my house for a windbreak, but that's about it. The farther I can see, the better.

Rich might be on to something here...

Post up pictures of your home, land or whatever you are proud or happy with at this time, or in the past. Be it city, country, camping spot, whatever, dogs, people, fish, etc... Something that makes you smile that you are willing to share with the brothers and sisters of the FTE community.

My contribution is a shot of our home last week just after mowing the lawn. Bass, catfish, bream and some grass carp in the pond. No fishing license required because it is 100% on our property. When sitting in my leather recliner I am 25 feet from the water. The dock is a floating dock with two wooden chairs that are shaded by the large tree from about 10 AM on. We love our home and being there, but love camping as well.

We are country living and front porch sittin people, but can appreciate the beauty and wonder in all landscapes in our great country.

Great shot Sous! We are the same here. My wife and I have happy hour every night. It's been too cold to sit on the deck in the evening, but that is changing. Our dining area has a huge bay window,so we enjoy the view from there until we can start sitting outside in the evening. Those nights are something we look forward to. I am also looking forward to you starting your travels. You need to make a Sous and wife travel thread.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***