Fuel tank upgrade (give me your thoughts) - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Fuel tank upgrade (give me your thoughts)

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel tank upgrade (give me your thoughts)

Old 08-08-2017, 07:57 AM
U235Fishin'
Senior User
U235Fishin' has a good reputation on FTE.U235Fishin' has a good reputation on FTE.
Titan was good decision.

Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
Bite the bullet and get a Titan tank. You won't regret it down the road. I like the idea of the poly tank since it is the same material as the stock Ford tank and NO welded seams that could split if truck is involved in an accident.
Towing a trailer with my '12 CCSB in the southwest was a logistical problem with the pathetic 26 gallon tank. The Titan 50 gallon tank fixed that problem. Haven't looked back! 👍
​​​​​​

Old 08-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
I just did an 800 mile trip with my Titan. Only had to refill once getting 9.5 MPG towing the 5ver. What an awesome mod...

Old 08-10-2017, 02:42 PM
DeeDubz
Senior User
DeeDubz is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think you'll need the long bed to get the 50 gal tank op. I believe it won't fit on the short bed trucks. Im in the same boat. I think I'm going to tune it. I'll get more power and better fuel economy. The tuner is cheaper than the fuel tanks.

- I stand corrected. they do make the 50 for the short bed!

Old 08-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
^^^^^^^^ The long bed is a 65 gallon tank

Old 08-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Lawrencew has a great reputation on FTE.Lawrencew has a great reputation on FTE.Lawrencew has a great reputation on FTE.Lawrencew has a great reputation on FTE.Lawrencew has a great reputation on FTE.Lawrencew has a great reputation on FTE.
Yup 250L or $250 to fill which ever you prefer

Old 08-11-2017, 07:24 AM
polarlys
Senior User
polarlys is starting off with a positive reputation.
Titan makes a tank for both long & short trucks. Save up and do it. You won't be sorry. That is until you sell it, that is

Old 08-11-2017, 01:14 PM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
Does Titan offer a tank in between the stock tank size and the 50gal? I've been considering a larger tank. I'm worried about the amount of tank that hangs below the frame, maybe a smaller tank would ride a bit higher in the frame?

Old 08-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by dirthawg View Post
Does Titan offer a tank in between the stock tank size and the 50gal? I've been considering a larger tank. I'm worried about the amount of tank that hangs below the frame, maybe a smaller tank would ride a bit higher in the frame?
I haven't seen one, but they do make a skid plate for it...

Old 08-11-2017, 02:20 PM
elee3
Posting Guru
elee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to behold
The Titan skid plate is plastic.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
The skid plate might be plastic but does fit the tank snugly. It does offer some protection. When I installed mine with the skid plate, it didn't appear to be plain old plastic but a strong composite.

I have had no worries about the tank hanging down a bit lower. Something can bounce up and hit the stock tank just as easy. The tank being poly will flex some. Also, have yet to hear anyone say they have had a problem with it dragging or being damage from hanging lower than stock tank.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Email from Titan states the skid plates are made of cross linked, military grade XLHDPE polymer.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:48 AM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Thanks for getting clarification Larry - I knew it was more than a "weak" piece of plastic. I only know of a few people that have them and other than issues with water getting in or bits of plastic in the tank I haven't heard of any other problems. Those seem to have been resolved or no one is reporting them anymore? Obviously a good careful install should all but eliminate those issues.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:54 PM
ssunit1
Elder User
ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.
I have a 33 gal RDS aux tank with gravity feed in the bed. Going on 18 months now. Gives me almost 60 gallons total. If needed to I can unbolt it and its an easy remove.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:34 PM
WK15
Elder User
WK15 has a very good reputation on FTE.WK15 has a very good reputation on FTE.WK15 has a very good reputation on FTE.WK15 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I use the ATTA 80 gallon in your bed tank w/Freedom Fill Auxiliary System, used with Stock 42 gallon tank gives me 120 gallons of fuel.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
stock diesel tank is 37.5 gallons on a LWB 2011-2016 Super Duty. Still gives you close to 120 gallons.

I like the 65 gal Titan tank.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel tank upgrade (give me your thoughts)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: