GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Humpeth the 14th as it were or are.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:31 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello FTE Freinds, just got home from a two day project over in Fresno/ Visalia , the weather was good , just a little too far to take care of stuff down that way, on another note , the high speed train structures are being built , it looks to be parallel with freeway 99 cutting out farm land in half, sub structures through existing over passes are being worked on as well, pile driving and lots of Concrete being poured , not sure of witch River but looks like they are at that point to cross , I sure hope the hell it don't get close to my Ranch , what a Stupid way to spend Tax payers money , I for one would like to see more Dams instead of all our water running out to Sea.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:40 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
You were in the Fresno area and didn't even stop by to say Hi? I see how it is. LOL

Jim

Old 06-15-2017, 11:05 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
You were in the Fresno area and didn't even stop by to say Hi? I see how it is. LOL

Jim
Yea Sorry Jim , it was a crunch project ( aren't they all ) lol, next time ,
Travis air base is on high Alert, explains why Fresno base was out and about , Tactical stuff.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:55 AM
Njstern87
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Morning all, supposed to hit 100 today in sac. By the time my weekend gets here, 109 on Tuesday, ugh.

Worked in finishing up my new fence last few days off, came out nice.

Was going to start doing the long run across middle of yard but with these temps I'm thinking it might be lake season instead of fence building season.

Hope you all stay cool in these temps.

-Nick

Attached Images   
Old 06-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
Good work Nick! It's definitely lake season...

Old 06-16-2017, 12:47 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Yeah, I made the mistake of looking at the ten day forecast and saw the 109-110 stuff. Maybe I can visit my brother in Oregon for a week, might be cooler up there. LOL. Of course, that is totally out of the question because SSA is taking $402 out of next month's check, and the car's brake booster went bad this past week. So I took it to my trusted mechanic, and found out it needs front and rear brakes as well, as the pads are all down to 1% of lining. When it rains it pours. Going to cost somewhere in the vicinity of $850. Which I have no choice but to put on my credit cards, which I had planned on using to live on next month when SSA reduces my check 40%. Was told they sent that letter in error, and a new letter will be sent on the 14th, which I haven't received yet. I am going to try and get them to take it out one payment at a time, so I can at least get $948 for the next three months instead of one lump sum next month.

Jim

Old 06-17-2017, 12:15 AM
Njstern87
Tuned
Jim,

Sorry to hear about the bs with pay..you sure that my employers payroll isn't in charge of your check?

Wish I lived closer for beer and company id help you do the labor. Hope it works out for you.

It was ridiculously hot today, not looking forward to rest of week. Hate dealing with people when its this hot. Wish i could use my vacation on short notice.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:26 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Nice looking fence Nick. We're taking the whole fam damily up camping near Point reyes this weekend (and into next week). I'll likely be offline for the duration unless I find time to troll the forum through my phone (which I hate).

Temps here were "toasty", but not outrageous today. I think we topped out at around 85. Warm enough for me. I shudder when I hear about those triple digit temps!

Old 06-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Njstern87
Tuned
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
Nice looking fence Nick. We're taking the whole fam damily up camping near Point reyes this weekend (and into next week). I'll likely be offline for the duration unless I find time to troll the forum through my phone (which I hate).

Temps here were "toasty", but not outrageous today. I think we topped out at around 85. Warm enough for me. I shudder when I hear about those triple digit temps!
Funny you mention Point Reyes..im going to visit my folks over in Novato on Wednesday. Dad was talking about going to beach to celebrate a late fathers day at either Point Reyes or the Marin Headlands. Small world.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:34 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

98 today and felt like it. I cannot wait for the end of summer, and technically, it has not even started yet.

Jim

Old 06-17-2017, 01:42 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Nick, that is a nice job on that fence. Looks awesome.

Well, if I can believe the letter I received today from SSA, everything is back to normal. I will be receiving my regular amount next month, and every month thereafter. No mention of taking anything out. And they acknowledged the fact that I cancelled Medicare Part B. So for the moment, I am a happy camper.

Jim

Old 06-17-2017, 06:32 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Awhhhh my old stomping grounds bodaga , point Reyes, Sonoma , love those places , if you get a Chance off of old Redwood Highway ( Petaluma) swing in to Angelo's meats , he's got the best newyork steaks, Jerky and Portigese sausage , old school Butcher and all around great guy.
Just got home from a home swim meet, again I did way too much and my Ankles are Killin meeee, time for a Nap seeing I got up at 3:30 to go set up.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
A bit warm here, sitting at 99* with an extreme heat warning in effect until Wednesday. It's supposed to be 111*+ here on Tuesday

I'm also dropping off the net for a week, taking the Troop to Camp Wente near Willits. have the box trailer all hooked up to Big Red and a full tank of Diesel, just need to swap the Sirius receiver from SWMBO's SD so I can have MY music (driver's choice ).

Quick Reply: June 2017 all topic thread