Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/c not blowing cold

Old 05-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Edgar7
New User
Edgar7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
A/c not blowing cold

Just as the title says the ac on my truck is not blowing cold like it used to, it has enough air flow but it's just not cold, anyone run into somthing similar ?

Old 05-16-2017, 07:20 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
yes... The last time for me, a reboot of the computer using forscan fixed it - but I also couldn't get the air to change where it came out of, it was stuck on "defrost".

I never had to delve that far into my 6.7, but other causes I've dealt with on AC system in vehicles in general are low on freon, bad pressure switch, bad compressor, bad compressor clutch, loose/chaffed wiring, blown fuse that controlled AC compressor.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:46 AM
capt caper
Posting Guru
capt caper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Edgar7 View Post
Just as the title says the ac on my truck is not blowing cold like it used to, it has enough air flow but it's just not cold, anyone run into somthing similar ?
You should have a signature so we know what year,etc you have.. but it's common on these trucks to have the AC evaporator go.. $1200 job..dash has to come out..

Old 05-17-2017, 08:17 PM
99FORD EXPY.
Senior User
99FORD EXPY. is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i just dropped my truck off to Ford today to have the evaporator core replaced for the 2nd time in two years!! not happy at all , good luck mine will cost 1500

Old 05-18-2017, 04:17 PM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin
RedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by capt caper View Post
You should have a signature so we know what year,etc you have.. but it's common on these trucks to have the AC evaporator go.. $1200 job..dash has to come out..

I just had my evap. replaced one month ago, thank goodness for ESP complete job including all supplies cost Ford $2200.00
Talked to the tech and he showed me a stack of about 15 or so evaps. piled up in a corner says its a pretty common problem, does at least 1 every week or two. He said pulling the dash is easy, hardest part of the job is removing the front seat and center console.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
So glad that wasn't my problem with my 2011 as I was out of warranty when mine stopped blowing cold.