2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 01:18 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
I have used FORScan in the past to change a few things, but it's been a couple of years since I fired it up. I have the latest version 2.3.43 with the extended license and it's connecting to the vehicle OK.

I want to enable the auto regen check box. It's in the IPC module, under "Automatic Regeneration Control" correct? If so, this differs from the instructions on the spreadsheet line 62 "Enable Auto-Regen Checkbox". There is also "Auto Regeneration Control" in the same module. This and the prior module mentioned show as Disabled for my truck. There is also "Diesel Exhaust Filter Manual Regen" which shows as Enabled, however I don't know what this item is for and can't find a reference in the spreadsheet for it.

Which item should I be using?

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-12-2021, 02:14 PM
T951
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Camera question. I replaced the foggy rear camera with a new one. (Factory part....NO aftermarket). The camera works perfect, but I have lost the rear parking guidelines and the zoom button does not work. I have looked on here and on the Forscan forum, but there does not appear to be a clear answer. Is there a way to restore this, or do I really need to go to the dealer.
I have a 2017 F350 Platinum without 360. I only have the rear camera in the tailgate and the park sensors. I have ordered the USB cable that was recommended, but it does not seem that anyone has done this.
I have downloaded all the documentation and cannot find anything that would be related to park assist, rear camera, tailgate camera, etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
t.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:11 PM
Slowjoe6969
Junior User
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
It is very simple, once you get your cable with Forscan you will go into service procedures, and if I recall correctly you need to perform a LIN calibration. Follow the prompts and your lines and zoom should be restored.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:46 PM
T951
4wd Low
Slowjoe6969,
Thank you for the fast reply! I will try it and hopefully update with my success!
t.

Old 10-13-2021, 10:17 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I have used FORScan in the past to change a few things, but it's been a couple of years since I fired it up. I have the latest version 2.3.43 with the extended license and it's connecting to the vehicle OK.

I want to enable the auto regen check box. It's in the IPC module, under "Automatic Regeneration Control" correct? If so, this differs from the instructions on the spreadsheet line 62 "Enable Auto-Regen Checkbox". There is also "Auto Regeneration Control" in the same module. This and the prior module mentioned show as Disabled for my truck. There is also "Diesel Exhaust Filter Manual Regen" which shows as Enabled, however I don't know what this item is for and can't find a reference in the spreadsheet for it.

Which item should I be using?
Nobody has any experience setting the auto regen feature? I'm reluctant to experiment with the plain English items that don't match up exactly with the spreadsheet.

Old 10-13-2021, 10:42 AM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Nobody has any experience setting the auto regen feature? I'm reluctant to experiment with the plain English items that don't match up exactly with the spreadsheet.
Two months ago I could have made the exact same post as you did, word for word.
I figured it out, was pretty easy
I can’t give exact instructions on what I did with out hooking up the computer and looking at it again. But now I turn off auto regen and do manual regens in my driveway when I can’t drive enough to auto regen.
PM me and I’ll look into it again.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:24 PM
ZT40
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T951
Camera question. I replaced the foggy rear camera with a new one. (Factory part....NO aftermarket). The camera works perfect, but I have lost the rear parking guidelines and the zoom button does not work. I have looked on here and on the Forscan forum, but there does not appear to be a clear answer. Is there a way to restore this, or do I really need to go to the dealer.
I have a 2017 F350 Platinum without 360. I only have the rear camera in the tailgate and the park sensors. I have ordered the USB cable that was recommended, but it does not seem that anyone has done this.
I have downloaded all the documentation and cannot find anything that would be related to park assist, rear camera, tailgate camera, etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
t.
You can do it easily with the FORSCAN LITE phone app. Once connected, go to services, Image Processing Module B, New Module Configuration or Initialization, then just follow the steps. Hope this helps!

Old 10-18-2021, 03:32 PM
T951
4wd Low
Well this was fun! I was able to backup every As built module (I theorized that you only need to backup the ones you touch, but I did them all anyway.
Lessons to share:
You only have until the truck autoshuts down to interact with the software. It's no biggie if it is reading data, but before you want to write anything make sure that you have recently put the truck back in ON mode.
The warning message that you get regarding a possible checksum error is OK if you are using the known values from the spreadsheet.
Get all of the options you want done listed per module ahead of time, and double check everything.
I took screenshots when I could and saved logs.

Results:
When I tried to reset the LIN I did get my lines back, but they were static. (They did not arc with the steering wheel turning). I did both the BdyCM calibration and then the LIN and then things worked again.....however I lost tire pressure values.....this is OK. You just need to drive the truck a bit after you are done and they will reconnect and repopulate.

I attempted AutoFold Mirrors in the Plain English mode, it will not work and you will get an error. Set to disable and run again. (I am guessing this has to do with the wiring notes).
Also, remember to clear the DTC info, I kept seeing a camera error, then I cleared it, and re-ran....All good!
Overall very happy and saved a dealer visit.
Thanks every one!

Old 10-19-2021, 09:53 AM
comptechltd
Cross-Country
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Well this was fun! I was able to backup every As built module (I theorized that you only need to backup the ones you touch, but I did them all anyway.
Lessons to share:
You only have until the truck autoshuts down to interact with the software. It's no biggie if it is reading data, but before you want to write anything make sure that you have recently put the truck back in ON mode.
The warning message that you get regarding a possible checksum error is OK if you are using the known values from the spreadsheet.
Get all of the options you want done listed per module ahead of time, and double check everything.

Results:
When I tried to reset the LIN I did get my lines back, but they were static. (They did not arc with the steering wheel turning). I did both the BdyCM calibration and then the LIN and then things worked again.....however I lost tire pressure values.....this is OK. You just need to drive the truck a bit after you are done and they will reconnect and repopulate.

I attempted AutoFold Mirrors in the Plain English mode, it will not work and you will get an error. Set to disable and run again. (I am guessing this has to do with the wiring notes).
Also, remember to clear the DTC info, I kept seeing a camera error, then I cleared it, and re-ran....All good!
Thanks every one!
Thanks for this. I have just ordered a camera to replace mine. I have multiple cameras and the parking assist so I am assuming the procedures will be the same. Thanks again.

Old 10-19-2021, 04:20 PM
digz
Mountain Pass
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
I think I have a forscan setting wrong.
My accent light bars are on during the day but once lights come on they go off. They are wired with the DRL's.

DRL's on and light bars on.

Lights on,DRL's on light bars go off

Old 11-18-2021, 01:49 PM
Msu50000
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by briangp
If theres one mod you should ever do in Forscan, its the one to disable the sync 3 DSP.

Why did they ever turn that junk on? It sounds soo much better without it, and I'm subtly impressed how clean the bass is! I played some C-Rap the other day just to hear what it could do and the stuff in my center console was rattling. Far from what I want, but 3 times better than what it was!
Searched the spreadsheet I saved a couple of years ago and downloaded a new one and I can't find this setting, can you elaborate on how you disabled?

EDIT: I found my search post from a couple of years ago, it came back the F150 spreadsheet, I'll try that.

Last edited by Msu50000; 11-18-2021 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Found it.
Old 11-19-2021, 11:52 AM
success
4wd Low
New to forscan

I've searched a good bit and only found one post. Is it safe to change IPC parameter in FORScan: DTE Empty value to 3 or 4 so I can have a closer to realistic DTE with a factory 35gal tank?

Old 11-20-2021, 09:16 AM
ZooDad
Received 663 Likes on 385 Posts
Originally Posted by success
I've searched a good bit and only found one post. Is it safe to change IPC parameter in FORScan: DTE Empty value to 3 or 4 so I can have a closer to realistic DTE with a factory 35gal tank?
You can set the tank size to what ever value you choose.

Line 45 on the 17-19 spreadsheet

ZooDad

Old 11-20-2021, 10:03 AM
success
4wd Low
Originally Posted by ZooDad
You can set the tank size to what ever value you choose.

Line 45 on the 17-19 spreadsheet

ZooDad
I guess I’m asking would making the computer think I have a smaller tank than I have make the 50 miles til empty warning come on when I have less than 6 gallons left?

Old 11-21-2021, 06:22 AM
05F250DSL
Fleet Mechanic
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Lessons to share:

Results:

Thanks every one!
I swapped the wires as noted and the auto fold works perfectly. I went with the Lincoln type folding option. Other worrying about wear in the motors I really like the option.

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet