2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 03:24 PM
PNGento
Cross-Country
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by InkMing
Lincoln style auto fold is when you lock the truck with the remote key, it folds back the mirrors.
Thanks...but how does this then differ from the other method of auto folding? I thought that one folded by using the lock button on key fob and unfolds by using unlock on key fob.

Old 07-29-2021, 03:31 PM
PNGento
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by ZooDad
Auto Regen checkbox is located in the far right (advanced) screen on the DIC. It is not able when moving. It should be at the top of the menu items

ZooDad
So, I got the DPF percentage status screen and can see the regen checkbox, but really don't understand what happens when it is checked or unchecked. I understand how the DPF process works, just not sure what to do with the checkbox. If I have it checked, does that mean I am forcing the regen process to go manual and that I have to decide when to allow the process to go forward by rechecking the box? Or if not, then what?

TIA

Old 07-29-2021, 03:46 PM
pkarhoff
5th Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If the box for "auto-regen" is checked then when the criteria are met for a regen to occur, 800km since last or filter is at 100%, then the truck will automatically initiate the regen process.

If the box is unchecked then the the truck will not start the process and will display a warning message that says a regeneration needs to occur. At this point, if you are going to be on a long enough drive for a regen to complete you can simply put a check back in the box and the truck will go into regen. If you are on a short drive and know it won't complete then you have the option to either wait until you are on a long enough drive in the near future or initiate an operator commanded regen while parked.

I am taking a couple assumptions on how you have configured your pickup with Forscan but in general that is what happens with my 2021 F250 PSD.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:17 PM
PNGento
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by pkarhoff
If the box for "auto-regen" is checked then when the criteria are met for a regen to occur, 800km since last or filter is at 100%, then the truck will automatically initiate the regen process.

If the box is unchecked then the the truck will not start the process and will display a warning message that says a regeneration needs to occur. At this point, if you are going to be on a long enough drive for a regen to complete you can simply put a check back in the box and the truck will go into regen. If you are on a short drive and know it won't complete then you have the option to either wait until you are on a long enough drive in the near future or initiate an operator commanded regen while parked.

I am taking a couple assumptions on how you have configured your pickup with Forscan but in general that is what happens with my 2021 F250 PSD.
Thanks a lot...I think that answers exactly what I wanted to know.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:25 PM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I just did this last week.
90% of the time it would go to regen 2 miles from my house.
Just today I’m pulling my 5ver to the camp ground and 3 miles to go it wants to regen. But now I have the box unchecked.
I can’t believe I have to do this with forscan on my 17 platinum. Why isn’t this just there from the factory. There’s even a spot on the screen for the icon.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:38 AM
InkMing
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PNGento
Thanks...but how does this then differ from the other method of auto folding? I thought that one folded by using the lock button on key fob and unfolds by using unlock on key fob.

I believe it is this, based on what it says in the spreadsheet:
"Lincoln Style (doesn't unfold/fold with unlock/lock on fob...requires opening/closing door)."

Old 08-19-2021, 01:04 PM
Diesel and Steam
Junior User
Hello Guys!
I have been making some changes to my truck now that warranty is up. Some for convince and some for weight savings!
Loving the options with FORScan but I have run in to a couple snags,
- Trying to get the power ports to stay on for 4 hours (726-39-01 Change 1194 to 3870) Did not seam to work (We are talking about the 12v ports and not the 120v right?)
- The exterior marker lights no longer flash when locking the doors and the interior lights stay on for a long time (So long I haven't waited around to see when they turn off, over 5 minuets) I have disabled the dings on the door open and changed the radio time out to 60 min. Thoes are the only ones I think may be related.
Has anyone else had these problems?
Any advice?
Thanks!

Old 08-19-2021, 01:14 PM
kevbentz
New User
Originally Posted by Diesel and Steam
Hello Guys!
I have been making some changes to my truck now that warranty is up. Some for convince and some for weight savings!
Loving the options with FORScan but I have run in to a couple snags,
- Trying to get the power ports to stay on for 4 hours (726-39-01 Change 1194 to 3870) Did not seam to work (We are talking about the 12v ports and not the 120v right?)
I believe there is a software upgrade necessary to get the power ports to stay on longer. I tried doing this with my 2017 and they wouldn't stay on and then I had a flash done and that fixed it.

https://ford.oemdtc.com/2743/timed-1...d-f-super-duty

Last edited by kevbentz; 08-19-2021 at 01:20 PM. Reason: edit
Old 08-26-2021, 12:52 PM
Diesel and Steam
Junior User
What's the software update?

Old 08-26-2021, 01:19 PM
kevbentz
New User
Originally Posted by Diesel and Steam
What's the software update?
https://ford.oemdtc.com/2743/timed-1...d-f-super-duty

Old 09-01-2021, 04:02 PM
tdc_worm
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
screwed up my folding mirrors messing around with the Module Configuration, not "as built," toggling the different autofold options on and off. I have all the auto fold stuff turn off and power folding back on, but cannot get the mirrors to fold by the button on the drivers door. thoughts?

Old 09-01-2021, 04:27 PM
ZooDad
Received 663 Likes on 385 Posts
Originally Posted by tdc_worm
screwed up my folding mirrors messing around with the Module Configuration, not "as built," toggling the different autofold options on and off. I have all the auto fold stuff turn off and power folding back on, but cannot get the mirrors to fold by the button on the drivers door. thoughts?
Restore you backup

ZooDad

Old 09-25-2021, 01:26 PM
Dutch23
New User
Anyone disable the BLIS and cross traffic alerts in forscan? Installing a flatbed on my 2018 and would like to disable both features since I won’t have the taillights anymore. You can disable them using the menu on the dash, but a little warning light comes on showing it’s been turned off. Was curious if there was a way to disable both with forscan to get rid of the little light. Thanks

Old 10-03-2021, 06:20 PM
CT-Mike
Tuned
Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
Purchased a Windows Laptop yesterday (MAC/iOS household) and downloaded Forscan and registered on the forum. Just waiting for the adapter to arrive.

I have downloaded my as built config file from Ford.

Things I want to change:
- Enable Bambi Mode
- Disable double honk
- Adjust massage seat time (make it longer)

One thing I can't seem to find is how to extend how long the running boards are deployed. So tired of closing the front door and the boards retracting before I can get the rear open to get groceries or whatever.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 10-04-2021, 12:04 AM
Keith Griffin
Mountain Pass
Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by CT-Mike
Purchased a Windows Laptop yesterday (MAC/iOS household) and downloaded Forscan and registered on the forum. Just waiting for the adapter to arrive.

I have downloaded my as built config file from Ford.

Things I want to change:
- Enable Bambi Mode
- Disable double honk
- Adjust massage seat time (make it longer)

One thing I can't seem to find is how to extend how long the running boards are deployed. So tired of closing the front door and the boards retracting before I can get the rear open to get groceries or whatever.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to the FORScan world!!! As for your initial changes, do them one at a time and make sure they work before you go to the next. I'm not sure if the massage seat timer can be changed or not. On your running boards, when you get out and close the door, put your foot on the board and it will keep the board down until you close the rear door. I've had to do that a couple of times. The only other option is to change whether or not the boards retract when you get out. I haven't seen any sign of changing how long they stay extended on this or the F150 Forum. They have a much better spreadsheet over there on the FORScan changes you can do, mostly dedicated for the F150, but a lot of them work on the 250's and up.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet