2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 12:29 PM
adgjqetuo
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thats kind of annoying - why wouldn't they make it wireless like the trucks TPMS? I figured it was just a matter of enabling it, adding the sensors and training them.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:38 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
Originally Posted by adgjqetuo
Thats kind of annoying - why wouldn't they make it wireless like the trucks TPMS? I figured it was just a matter of enabling it, adding the sensors and training them.
Because wireless can be unreliable, especially as you move it further from the truck. This topic was discussed in 2016/2017 when the system first came out. The same problem exists with the camera.

The truck's system isn't wireless. The TPMS sensors communicate with an on-board receiver.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:25 PM
TB250
More Turbo
Received 252 Likes on 158 Posts
The kit includes a receiver that mounts to the trailer near the axle(s) with a wire running to the hitch which plugs into a new trailer connector on the truck. The new truck connector replaces the 7-way/4-way receptacle with a new 7-way trailer plug and 15-pin? connector for the backup camera and TPMS receiver. Kit includes a 7-way to 4-way adapter so you don't loose the ability to connect to smaller trailers.

Old 03-09-2021, 06:32 PM
RCH737
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a list on this forum by state of who has a FORScan tool and ability to adjust settings? I would like to make some changes but don't have anything to do it. Happily throw a few bucks to get it done. I'm in Maryland

Old 03-09-2021, 11:00 PM
ke6zmy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm getting an error message telling me I don't have an appropriate app to download / open the As-Built file. What does it mean? What App?

Old 03-13-2021, 04:10 AM
DCM1
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ke6zmy
I'm getting an error message telling me I don't have an appropriate app to download / open the As-Built file. What does it mean? What App?
Just open any text editor or word processor, navigate to the abt file and open it. You probably don't need to open it, just save it as a backup in case you need to start over.

Old 03-13-2021, 04:13 AM
DCM1
Senior User
Originally Posted by RCH737
Is there a list on this forum by state of who has a FORScan tool and ability to adjust settings? I would like to make some changes but don't have anything to do it. Happily throw a few bucks to get it done. I'm in Maryland
No list, but post your city and how far you would be able to drive. Might get some help.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:57 PM
OpaMN
New User
I am trying to troubleshoot some write problems I had this past weekend. I traded up to a 2017 F350 in early February. Just purchased an OBDLink EX and did my backups this past weekend. While saving the backups the “on or accessory” mode timed out and shut down twice. I call it shutting down as the radio shut off and everything on the truck powered down. I pressed the start button once without depressing the brake pedal to enter “on or accessory” mode. After the backups, I tried to disable the double honk and enable secure idle. First time I tried to write all the “on or accessory” mode shut down before completing the write. The second time I had the same result when I clicked on write at the end of the line rather than write all. I just watched a YouTube video on how to change the fuel tank capacity after upgrading to an S&B 60 gallon tank. The video showed the information center on the truck with the message “Full Accessory Power Active.” I have never seen that display message on my truck. Please go easy on the FNG (flipping new guy) and if you see the error in what I am doing, point it out. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:51 PM
OpaMN
New User
Not sure what changed, but I made a second attempt after lunch today and made the changes successfully. The only difference was making sure the OBDLink was firmly seated in the socket.
More changes to come over the weekend!

Old 03-26-2021, 11:28 AM
DCM1
Senior User
Originally Posted by OpaMN
I am trying to troubleshoot some write problems I had this past weekend. I traded up to a 2017 F350 in early February. Just purchased an OBDLink EX and did my backups this past weekend. While saving the backups the “on or accessory” mode timed out and shut down twice. I call it shutting down as the radio shut off and everything on the truck powered down. I pressed the start button once without depressing the brake pedal to enter “on or accessory” mode. After the backups, I tried to disable the double honk and enable secure idle. First time I tried to write all the “on or accessory” mode shut down before completing the write. The second time I had the same result when I clicked on write at the end of the line rather than write all. I just watched a YouTube video on how to change the fuel tank capacity after upgrading to an S&B 60 gallon tank. The video showed the information center on the truck with the message “Full Accessory Power Active.” I have never seen that display message on my truck. Please go easy on the FNG (flipping new guy) and if you see the error in what I am doing, point it out. Thanks.
I do my changes with the engine at idle.

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-30-2021, 03:53 PM
comptechltd
Cross-Country
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I have just read through this entire thread and am getting ready to do my first changes using Forscan. I have read about some folks changing certain settings and having some unintended consequences (e.g. remote start not working..etc.). Is it a good practice to unhook the batteries for a bit after making changes to 're-initialize' stuff or am I overthinking it?

Old 03-30-2021, 09:17 PM
TB250
More Turbo
Received 252 Likes on 158 Posts
I made all my changes in ACC mode without any side issues. If you need to re-initialize anything, Forscan will tell you and you do it within Forscan or by cycling the ignition switch. No need to disconnect the battery.

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-30-2021, 09:33 PM
finchturf
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RCH737
I live in MD - almost always have my laptop in my truck. Let me know where you live and maybe we can meet up. I've done a bunch of Forscan and also recently updated to Sync 3.4.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:29 AM
B-ManFX4
Laughing Gas

Received 839 Likes on 382 Posts
Originally Posted by Cowboy1507
I would love to make some changes on my 2019 F250 but I only have a IPad and IPhone. Also don’t think I’m smart enough to do it either. I live in northwest Tennessee close to Clarksville, Tn. Is there anyone within 100 miles that could coach me or help me? I'm not very good at computer stuff. I am willing to drive 100-150 miles for help. Is there anyone willing to help me close by?

Thanks
David
I live in eastern TN but would be willing to give you a hand via the phone or if we met up in Paris. I work a few hunting farms near Paris so I get over there several times in the spring, throughout the summer and then during hunting season.

Old 03-31-2021, 11:24 AM
Squirrel13
Laughing Gas
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
It's funny that the part in that link is just the TPMS, but it still shows a camera in the picture. Oops.
I ordered the TPMS only kit lc3z1a189e from Fairway Ford, $385 - and it showed up with the camera

https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/oem...sor-lc3z1a189e

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet