Nov 2016 chat - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Nov 2016 chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Postmaster

hturner12 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefM View Post
Thanks Bob!!
I loved it and I don't really miss it as much as I thought I would. I miss a few good friends that I dealt with but I am very happy being a civilian.
Plus if you dont feel like going to work your check will just be short, till the boss gets tired of you call in then you have a zero dollar pay check
Old 11-17-2016, 06:13 PM
Postmaster

Has anyone herd from the guys up in the mountains?

It was 81 down here today and did not smell the smoke
Old 11-17-2016, 06:45 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
We only had smoke one day.
I got my retired ID card today. I have been waiting a long time to get that thing.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Postmaster

So you going to load the truck up with coolers, head to the commissary and bitch about the active duty guys. Dobbins does do a case lot sale every m9nth
Old 11-18-2016, 05:48 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hturner12 View Post
So you going to load the truck up with coolers, head to the commissary and bitch about the active duty guys. Dobbins does do a case lot sale every m9nth
No not yet, I haven't been out long enough but in a few years maybe!!!

The battery died in the 79. Not enough power to even turn on the radio.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:53 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefM View Post
No not yet, I haven't been out long enough but in a few years maybe!!!

The battery died in the 79. Not enough power to even turn on the radio.
Must be bad battery week. Both of mine died this week . They were less than two weeks old.

Finding out why is on the todo list.

My thoughts on what I want to todo to the truck have changed since we bought the hand. At first I was headed in the direction of tow vehicle for a travel trailet, now it work truck.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:55 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

I jumped off the 79 and got it out of the middle of the yard. I adjusted the carb and timing again and replaced the missing vacuum plug. Runs like a top again just needs a battery.

I got the boat winterized. Tomorrow I am going to replace the wheel cylinders and brakes on the back of the daughters truck. That should be the last of the maintenance things outside I need to do before winter hits again.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:46 PM
Postmaster

Got the running boards on today. Ended up shooting the whole driver side again. Body is done for now. After the first on the year I order the body moldings.

Going out to the land tommorow do some more clearing
Old 11-19-2016, 06:51 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

It is very windy this morning, we got a few sprinkles but nothing to get excited about.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:29 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Thermometer shows 27 this morning.
I watched Jimmy get his 7th cup title last night.
Short work week!!!
Old 11-22-2016, 03:31 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

I hate the cold, I am ready for spring.

My little man has started walking!! He made about 6 steps on his own going from me to his mother. He is still not so sure about it and prefers to crawl.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:26 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
No rush Chief. Kids grow up waaaaaaay too fast!! Glad to see you are OUT and thanks again for your service.

Some days are smokier than others. Chances are it was worse down south than here unless you were directly downwind of one of the fires (there were 17 fires at one point). I would greatly appreciate it if everyone did a rain dance!!!

Our property is an old farm and is mostly pasture, so no real danger of losing anything here - but MANY homes here are surrounded by these DRY woods and this type of fire does a lot of damage to the ecosystem. I hope we see a more aggressive controlled burn regimen in this part of the world when things get back to normal. We need to control the amount of fuel on the forest floor to prevent these large, devastating fires. Our last extended dry spell was about 6 yrs ago and you can easily see where the big fires where then. Fires here are very hard to fight because the terrain is STEEP and there is very limited access. It is not possible to drive equipment to these sites and is not practical or safe to send firefighters in on foot.

I mentioned in another thread I just rented a big shop in Hiawassee, GA. We'll plan a grand opening GTG as soon as I get moved in (and a wood stove installed! ). Hope some of y'all can come up and hang out!
Old 11-22-2016, 06:26 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Good to hear from you Jason!!
I am very much enjoying civilian life!! Being home every night with my family and my almost 11 month old son is so wonderful!! I am growing on heck of a beard !! I few more months and I could pass for one of the duck dynasty guys!!

Dang man if that shop was any further north you would be posting in the Tennessee threads!! I would be game for a GTG, just depends on the schedule.

If the woods around my house caught fire I would be in big trouble.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:17 PM
Postmaster

Jason
Glad yall are ok Congrats on the shop I would not be opposed to a HTC even if would be a drive for me.

I was a road warrior again today. Drove over to Swainsboro to get a shear bolt to slip clutch adapter and pto shaft for the bush hog. Glad I did saved over $150.00 Got a shaft with slip clutch already on in it for 161.00 out the door Tractor Supply wanted 279 just for the shaft. Stopped by Harbor Freight on the way back and picked up Quick Hitch for 85 with my 20% off coupon. Now if I can just get the tierod assy for the tractor I can get back out to the land
Old 11-23-2016, 04:18 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Last work day of this week!! Turkey and Football tomorrow!!! The wife is planning on cooking a ton of food. Good thing I don't have to watch my weight anymore!!

There is a few worn out things on the 53 Ford tractor I need to fix or replace over the winter. I would like to get the headlights working again and the rear axle seal is leaking on the right side brakes. The former owner says it's been leaking for years.

Closed Thread