Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   Nov 2016 chat (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1460341-nov-2016-chat.html)

hturner12 11-01-2016 07:11 AM

Nov 2016 chat

Here we are in Nov already.

ChiefM 11-01-2016 05:50 PM

The weather is going to be turning cooler, the leaves are changing and dropping. The holiday season is almost upon us. Man this year really went by quickly. One more week and we get a new president.

I have been checking out the Shades of Green and the October specials they have for rooms and tickets. The wife wants to stay at least one night at the Animal Kingdom hotel.

hturner12 11-01-2016 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 16689859)
The weather is going to be turning cooler, the leaves are changing and dropping. The holiday season is almost upon us. Man this year really went by quickly. One more week and we get a new president.

I have been checking out the Shades of Green and the October specials they have for rooms and tickets. The wife wants to stay at least one night at the Animal Kingdom hotel.

Disney had tired pricing now. They charge you more on busy days.

I am glad the political campaign is about over. Right now my house is divided.

ChiefM 11-02-2016 06:24 PM

Time rolls back an hour Saturday night!! It's going to be dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. I'm ready for the weekend to get here.

The upper and lower ball joints came in for the daughters truck. I am still waiting for tie rod ends, rear brake shoes and brake cylinder for the rear to come in.

hturner12 11-02-2016 07:52 PM

The short days do suck.

Got the silver on the truck today. Clean up an put back together tomorrow. Friday go pick up the tractor

hturner12 11-03-2016 08:07 AM

Yesterday real turned into a sucks a** day. Freind that are visiting for a few days to help with the truck, go with me to pickup the tractor and do some work on the land need to go back to their place in Macon. By the time we got done it was around 930 when we left Macon. Everything was fine till we got 2 miles outside of Roberta. That when things went to hell
1. BIG buck ran across the road yes I hit him. BOTH airbags deployed, fenders back almost to wheels. Radiator busted. Driver door had to be snatched open Pretty sure it is totaled.

2. CAllen Lexie told her what happen and for her to go get the other Jeep from our neighbors that had been using it. and come get us

3 She gets confused easy and does not like to drive at night. She got lost. I got her back on course.
4. There was a head on cOlli sion where our road meets the main highway. All the blue lights that effected her night vision, the stressor me being in an accident, got her real confused so instead of turn on the southbound lane to go south she ended up turning on the northbound side. She realized what she had done. 3 state troopers working the other wreck stopped her. Detained and badger ed her for over 2 hours before the arrested her and impound the otherJeep. Charged her with DUI, because here eyes were bloodshot and non responsive and she slurred her speech. Last thing she told me I am getting stoppec, they would not let her answer her phone

When I called her she had dosed off on the couch and she has had a mild stroke.

5.Mean while back at the crash site, I had to pee when to go to the woods step of a 10 culvert that I did not know was there. The deputy working the accident is the one that found out she was arrested. Not having anyone else to pick us up. The Crawford County deputy could take us to the county line. They called the Upson county sheriff to see if they would pick us up and bring us home they said yes but it might be a little wnile. UPSON claimed my wife cause another car to hit one of their cars. The deputy with us took us to the jail lobby to wait. At about 115 I call a local taxi to bring us home $ 60.00 for people.

6. Get home about 2, had to get the truck in a drivable condition. Was able to get headlights in taillights were working before I mounted them. Afterwards no but did have 4 ways. Went to start truck did not want to start. Both batteries had gone bad replace one before we left picked up the second on the way to Macon. So we are lugging this group 65 battery around. COULD not find my starting fluid but was able to find the wd40. Got it running went to the jail to get Lexie here bond was 2800 so there was enough 300.

7. Called the wrecker service that impound the Jeep she was in. To get it today 150.

Have not been to bed yet

yankbs 66f100 11-03-2016 05:57 PM

Hugh, sorry to hear all of the things that happened with the truck, but trucks can be repaired. I hope everything is going to be alright with Lexie. Nothing worse to me than my wife, or any member of the family having medical problems. Will keep her in my prayers. Good luck, Bob

ChiefM 11-03-2016 06:40 PM

Dang, you did have a bad day. Sorry to hear about your bad fortune.

Been steady at work but not overwhelming so far but I am just real tired by the end of week. Looking forward to our little get away for the weekend.

hturner12 11-03-2016 07:29 PM

Thank you Bob we have always said things can be replaced. Her stroke was almost 10 years ago , there a few small residuals that we deal with. But we got each other to lean on. It just suck for all the money that we spent last night and are going to have to spend for the lawyer.

I did get some stuff done on the truck today. Got the horns back on, lower valance, front bumper, grill. Reattached shoulder harness. Replaced the speed control sensor and a return power steering hose. The short one from cooler to pump also the only one I did not replace when I did the hydroboost upgrade

hturner12 11-04-2016 08:42 PM

Fun week continues. Drove over to pickup tractor, truck ran great on the way over. On the way back not so much. Water temps running between 210 an 240 peaked at 250. Stopped for a break saw. Smoke from trailer brakes, hot a curb and cut a trailer tire. Thought maybe brakes were too tight jacked up each side wheels move free. Disconnected both brakes on the trailer. Water temp still peaked at 240 and trans temp started going up. I feltitwould be better to stop for the night, so I am in Leeds Am for the night

ChiefM 11-05-2016 04:46 AM

Dang Hugh you can't catch a break this week. I've had weeks like that too. I hope it turns around for you soon.

All of the parts arrived for my daughters truck so I stopped and got a ball joint press from Autozone on the way home yesterday. I hope to get the kiddo's truck finished up on Sunday afternoon when we get back from Chattanooga.

I had just enough time to scoop all the leaves out of the pool, do one last vacuum and put the cover on it for the winter. With the time rolling back an hour tonight there will be very little if any time to do anything after work.

Man it turned cold last night.

hturner12 11-05-2016 11:34 AM

Made it home more later

hturner12 11-06-2016 09:41 AM

With all the crap I went thru this week. Idid get some things done. Posted on the IDI forum about truck performabnce, it appears I just need to advance the timing a little. THAT a great forum.

But here are shots of the truck and tractor. STILL got some minor things to do the truck

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...a1cd9d5d30.jpg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...551f889e8c.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...6201caa3e2.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...b2c48e387d.jpg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...001f8b39d3.jpg

ChiefM 11-06-2016 04:29 PM

Glad to hear that things might be turning around for you.

We had a great time in Chattanooga. Saturday morning we went to the aquarium and little man liked watching the fish. We then went to the inclined railroad and rode to the top of lookout mountain. Then took the wife to Logan's Roadhouse for a nice steak and to the hotel to crash.

Little man was up up early this morning so we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then went to the zoo. Got back home a little after noon. The wife and I really enjoyed the weekend get away and we want to do more. I started collecting refrigerator magnets of the place we went too. That way my wife can't ever say we don't ever do anything.

I got the front end put back together on the daughters truck. Now I just need to put on the new brake cylinders on the back, bleed the brakes and I am finished.

Truck looks great Hugh. It's come a long way since I first saw it.

hturner12 11-06-2016 04:45 PM

Glad yall had a good time. What did yall think when the operators changed cars?

I gone back to my do nothing on Sunday. I sanded on the truck for 2 Sundays and look at the week I had.

Thank you I going to take a break from it for a little bit. PLUS I want the paint to fully cure.
Maybe you can slow down some