1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Huricane

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:46 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Huricane

Firstrider , Raytasch , and the rest of you in it's path stay safe , and let us know how you make out . Where I am we won't get rain , hasn't rained in two months .

Old 10-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 127 Likes on 55 Posts
Raytasch will probably be okay on the Gulf Coast. Firstrider's town will probably take a big hit. Let us know if you hear from him.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:06 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Thanks for the concerns, guys. We are under a storm watch only, at this time. The dear wife and I are high and dry.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
I'm sitting here watching these massive evacuations on the interstates there in places like South Carolina. Instead of just sitting there in a big traffic jamb, I'd find a bunch of nice country roads and stay off the freeways, no matter how much farther it is. Would sure beat the bumper to bumper grid lock.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:02 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
I'm sitting here watching these massive evacuations on the interstates there in places like South Carolina. ...
Reminds me of The Walking Dead....

Old 10-06-2016, 02:54 PM
OldGrayMare
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 30 minutes North of Tallahassee, lots of people landing here looking for hotels.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:07 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Matthew bring it & let's see what you got !!!!!!!!!!!! Have had many rain bands & the first wind is here now .Flew in Tues morn @ 11 a.m. , rented a car because the Dakota is parked @ St. Paul , Mn. airport , 2 hr. ride here & Char & I spent 8 hrs. installing the metal shutters .Everything is secure , gas grille is full , gas tanks for jenny are full . Had the jenny in the back of the shed , a 5000 watt Powermatic that was purchased from people across the street when they moved out ( new never run for $150) . Was stored properly for 11 yrs. , Got it out , checked fluids , put some R90 gas in it , set the choke , one pull & it fired up effin amazing !!!!!

Only thing questionable is the shop roof where the hot rod truck & ALL my business equip. The roof is 22 yrs. old & very thin . Should have been replaced by now .
Was in N. Wis. on the parts safari & visiting w/ brothers & I believe I made the correct decision to fly back & secure the house . Scored 18 Magic Air heaters , fresh air tubes , & related items . A LS door, LS grille dagmar , 2 V8 fan shrouds , 4 NOS dovetail latch assemblies w/ part # still on them ( found them in a glove box along w/ the bill of sale & the truck title ( a '49 ) .Many small misc parts & seven ( count them 7 ) jack hold down thumb bolts 4 of them unscrewed by hand after 65 yrs. Have a bench seat to deliver to a man in Ga. along w/ a Magic Air heater system on the way back next Mon..Will post some pics of parts when back . Sorry to ramble on but not much to do here .Later guys & please keep us in thought & prayers

Old 10-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
I'm sitting here watching these massive evacuations on the interstates there in places like South Carolina. Instead of just sitting there in a big traffic jamb, I'd find a bunch of nice country roads and stay off the freeways, no matter how much farther it is. Would sure beat the bumper to bumper grid lock.
They won't let you do that. Evacuations are (sometimes) more deadly than the hurricane, people get stuck in traffic jams for miles and run out of gas. Remember the bus full of nursing home patients down in Texas that caught on fire? If you're gonna bug out, do it early.

People lined up for miles to get fuel, plywood, or sandbags or bread or "food items"... Doesn't make any sense. They've known about this for a week now, and should be prepared anyway.

Last edited by Fomoko1; 10-07-2016 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Post clean up....
Old 10-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by firstrider
Matthew bring it & let's see what you got !!!!!!!!!!!! Have had many rain bands & the first wind is here now .Flew in Tues morn @ 11 a.m. , rented a car because the Dakota is parked @ St. Paul , Mn. airport , 2 hr. ride here & Char & I spent 8 hrs. installing the metal shutters .Everything is secure , gas grille is full , gas tanks for jenny are full . Had the jenny in the back of the shed , a 5000 watt Powermatic that was purchased from people across the street when they moved out ( new never run for $150) . Was stored properly for 11 yrs. , Got it out , checked fluids , put some R90 gas in it , set the choke , one pull & it fired up effin amazing !!!!!

Only thing questionable is the shop roof where the hot rod truck & ALL my business equip. The roof is 22 yrs. old & very thin . Should have been replaced by now .
Was in N. Wis. on the parts safari & visiting w/ brothers & I believe I made the correct decision to fly back & secure the house . Scored 18 Magic Air heaters , fresh air tubes , & related items . A LS door, LS grille dagmar , 2 V8 fan shrouds , 4 NOS dovetail latch assemblies w/ part # still on them ( found them in a glove box along w/ the bill of sale & the truck title ( a '49 ) .Many small misc parts & seven ( count them 7 ) jack hold down thumb bolts 4 of them unscrewed by hand after 65 yrs. Have a bench seat to deliver to a man in Ga. along w/ a Magic Air heater system on the way back next Mon..Will post some pics of parts when back . Sorry to ramble on but not much to do here .Later guys & please keep us in thought & prayers
Ramble all you want. Glad to hear you're prepared. Where is the newly finished F-1?

Old 10-06-2016, 10:29 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Doc , the beauty that was at TS2015 is in a secure storage garage . No chance of damage there . Latest update is the storm is staying off the coast here so I do not believe it is not going to be as bad as expected .Thank you Lord !! I think a new roof is in the near future for the shop . Like this month !!!

Old 10-07-2016, 05:54 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
All quiet here on the middle gulf coast this morning.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:55 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Clean up on Leigh Ave. !!!!!!! Dodged some major 50 cal. bullets last night . No power outages and even got some sleep !! No damage just yard clean up . Lost some tabs on the shop roof & one small piece of alum. facia . Will call and make a request for a new roof today . Man did we get lucky !!!

Old 10-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Good to hear!

Everytime I hear about a hurricane, I think about this. Hilarious.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:38 PM
SierraPapa
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far so good in my area. Still have to check other properties, it stayed good till around 2 then blew hard till around 6.

Will know more tomorrow when I can get to the other properties.

Got lucky with this one I think. Coast was hit hard from what I have seen on the news though.

Edit: One other property checked all good there few limbs down and the ole girl survived another storm.

2 more properties to check in Columbia county.