Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Fold Mirrors

Old 01-21-2017, 05:49 PM
Misky6.0
Post Fiend
Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
I have the manual fold/extend mirrors. The extend does take a medium wack to get them to move. I try to extend/retract them a few times a year to keep them loosened up.
I am extremely happy with them, no vibrations and awesome field of view.
Does give me 2nd thoughts about power fold/extend versions as another upgraded.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:48 PM
jeremiah77
Junior User
jeremiah77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, it was a lot of work to get them installed. And now this. I really like having the power fold feature, but I never had any issues with the manual extend/ fold that I had before.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:40 PM
robert_l_ross
Postmaster
robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
TIP: If you have to add wires to get the turn signal/running light/mirror heaters, make sure you bundle them up. Don't do like I did and leave them loose enough to get caught in the mechanism that keeps the door from opening too far.

Wire pinched between metal = bad. Scratched my head for 10 minutes trying to figure out why I had no dash illumination, no front or rear running lights, and no door chime. Kept blowing a 15a and a 30a fuse in the under hood fuse box. Right as I was ready to pull the manual to find out what fuses were blowing, I decided to take a peek at the mirror wiring and there it was!

Old 03-08-2019, 07:43 AM
cashflo
New User
cashflo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Robert how are the Trail Ridge versions holding up?

Originally Posted by robert_l_ross View Post
I'll report on the new mirrors after the swap. You won't find them if you search for the 2000/2001 model year, you'll need to search for 2002 or newer. Part number for the power fold, power upper glass, heated, extending, turn/marker set is TRMRP00020.

https://www.1aauto.com/ford-mirror-p...0/i/trmrp00020

Old 03-14-2019, 08:56 AM
BatteriesNotIncluded
Senior User
BatteriesNotIncluded is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've got a pair of the Trail Ridge power folds from 1AAuto. They are great mirrors.

I did just have to replace the driver's side though. After coming out of a store, I noticed my driver's side was half folded (I didn't fold them before I went in for 5 minutes). Turns out someone must have shoved it as they went past. After that, it wouldn't power fold anymore. I'm hoping it's just an isolated case, but if that's all it took to break it then I am concerned given these things are $500 for the pair.

If anyone is looking for a pair (pass side is still new in box) and feel like they could fix it, PM me as I have them sat in my basement. Bought for '03 Excursion. Power fold, power mirror, heat, extendable, turn signal and running light.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:42 AM
hbabler
New User
hbabler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded View Post
I've got a pair of the Trail Ridge power folds from 1AAuto. They are great mirrors.

I did just have to replace the driver's side though. After coming out of a store, I noticed my driver's side was half folded (I didn't fold them before I went in for 5 minutes). Turns out someone must have shoved it as they went past. After that, it wouldn't power fold anymore. I'm hoping it's just an isolated case, but if that's all it took to break it then I am concerned given these things are $500 for the pair.

If anyone is looking for a pair (pass side is still new in box) and feel like they could fix it, PM me as I have them sat in my basement. Bought for '03 Excursion. Power fold, power mirror, heat, extendable, turn signal and running light.
I am interested in purchasing the broken set from you. I have repaired the folding mirrors on my wifeís suburban before. I havenít made enough posts to send a PM yet. (I normally just lurk)

Old 03-22-2019, 08:14 AM
BatteriesNotIncluded
Senior User
BatteriesNotIncluded is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by hbabler View Post

I am interested in purchasing the broken set from you. I have repaired the folding mirrors on my wifeís suburban before. I havenít made enough posts to send a PM yet. (I normally just lurk)
Tried to send you a PM. Says you aren't allowed to even relieve them yet!

Old 03-22-2019, 08:55 AM
hbabler
New User
I will reply to a couple of threads today and see if that works.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:54 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by hbabler View Post
I will reply to a couple of threads today and see if that works.

Yep, I think the magic number of posts to unlock PMs is 10.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:01 AM
hbabler
New User
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post

Yep, I think the magic number of posts to unlock PMs is 10.
Thanks for the magic number.