6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Buckerroo

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Buckerroo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buckerroo

My 2012 Ford 350 diesel has been at the dealership for 37 days and they still don't know why it will not start. They have brought techs from their other dealerships to help but they cannot fix the problem either. I have contacted the Regional Manager for my area but he has not been much help. I have asked for them to send an engineer to fix my truck but that has not happened either. Its obvious that the problem is above the techs ability. There were issues with the dealership about giving me a loner truck. Finally after the 36th day, Ford offered to pay for a rental truck but only for 10 days, which they might extend if the truck is not fix.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
First.... welcome.

Second, discussion of legal action is not allowed on the forum. Please refer to the forum guidelines, #8: Site Guidelines - Ford-Trucks.com

Lastly, can you provide additional information regarding the issue at hand? There's quite a few knowledgeable people here and better descriptions of the symptoms might shed a light on what's going on.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Buckerroo
New User
Sorry i had someone write this post up for me while i was away.

The truck was no start/no crank and was showing the error message of Low Oil Pressure, Service AdvanceTrac, Engine Overtemp, Wrench Icon and Starting System Fault. I jumped online to do a quick search and found this forum with a thread identical to my issues.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...e-on-dash.html

I pulled the harness plug off the parking brake assembly fiddled and flexed it a bit, with no change in symptoms, then unplug and re-plug and still no change.
I know the newer trucks can wreak havoc with a low battery issues, so after testing static voltage truck was sitting at 11.1v. I disconnected both batteries and put my battery charger on to bring back to full charge. neither battery would take a charge. Not uncommon in AZ, the batteries were the original from ford. 4 years for batteries in AZ is a good run. So down to the parts house and 2 new motorcraft maxx batteries.... and still the exact same symptoms.
I am/was a ford trained tech but have not turned a wrench since 2006. At this point being without an IDS module to pull codes i'm out as far as i can do from the driveway.
The truck was towed to the closest Ford dealership for diag and the story goes as is in the first post. 37 days without a truck until today via rental. The PCM was replaced and no change also, We have been in contact with the dealer, with ford, the mention of the thread I referred to earlier was mentioned to the dealer and ford hoping there was a TSB out about it as, and still no results.
I have been diving Ford cars and trucks along with my family almost exclusively since the 70's. I know others on this site have had good luck with the help from this forum and i know people from ford service are members here. I'm hoping that this information will make its rounds into the right hands so my truck can get fixed. As of now I've payed $60k for a truck that i cannot use

Old 08-12-2016, 09:25 AM
MPD56
Elder User
First Welcome to the forum.

I'm not an expert, so I'm guessing. I had a few alarms like your's come up last year, but when it was running. Long story short is that I have been monitoring my trucks CAN BUS for PIDs to use with a cell phone PCM Monitor app called Torque Pro. If I shut off the truck and still have the app active, it will work overtime to try and reconnect to the PCM and if I restart the truck this simply jams up and corrupts the data on the CAN BUS. If I unplug from the OBD port (CAN BUS Connection) the truck goes back to normal.

So here is my big guess. One of the modules in your truck is corrupting the data on the CAN BUS and the program in the PCM or IDS software are not programmed to monitor it. Some of your DTC are coming from different modules. So my big guess is that one on the modules are sending all the right data but transmitting some bad data also. Maybe the IDS software to not designed to check for bad data from a module?

Questions?
Do you have any after market devices connected to the CAN BUS. Example remote control or OBD2 bluetooth adapter.
Did you put the truck in "Engineering Mode", this can show CAN BUS communication errors.

Please let us know how you made out.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
I was also going to ask if the truck was tuned/deleted? But I assume not otherwise the dealer and Ford techs would be screaming that was the fault. (whether it was or not)

The only no start problem I have had with a Ford, out of the many I have owned, was a pinched wiring harness that would cause the PCM to quit working and throw all kinds of codes. It was replaced and the same thing happened again immediately.

At one point the only fix will be to replace all of the computers and wiring harness at the same time to get it working again if the 'problem' can't be found.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:15 PM
Buckerroo
New User
The truck is bone stock, zero aftermarket, no gauges, tunes, nothing. When KOEO you have no control over anything cannot turn on headlights, Windows, radio, etc. zero control for anything

Old 08-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Buckerroo
New User
Truck has 26,000 miles on the OD

Old 08-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Buckerroo
New User
Originally Posted by Dakster
I was also going to ask if the truck was tuned/deleted? But I assume not otherwise the dealer and Ford techs would be screaming that was the fault. (whether it was or not)

The only no start problem I have had with a Ford, out of the many I have owned, was a pinched wiring harness that would cause the PCM to quit working and throw all kinds of codes. It was replaced and the same thing happened again immediately.

At one point the only fix will be to replace all of the computers and wiring harness at the same time to get it working again if the 'problem' can't be found.

I'm thinking that it may have to come down to this unfortunately