1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Security

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 02:15 PM
GotLift
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Security

I just bought a 2015 F250 and I need an alarm installed ASAP. Has anyone had any experience with the Ford Perimeter Plus security system? It seems relatively cheap @ $200, but I don't know if they get you at the dealership for installation.

I think I'd rather have a Ford technician install something instead of Best Buy or Audio Express. This way if there is any issue with Microsoft Sync or My Touch it should be covered.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:22 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
The Ford Premier Alarm is plug and play. There is no dealer required. The only dealer input requires would be if you add the Remote Cellphone Access. If you do not have the factory key fob remote start, you might need the hood switch.

The installation instructions for the OBDII harness hookup can be found here.

Ford Remote Access - Page 22 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Old 07-30-2016, 06:01 PM
GotLift
Elder User
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
The Ford Premier Alarm is plug and play. There is no dealer required. The only dealer input requires would be if you add the Remote Cellphone Access. If you do not have the factory key fob remote start, you might need the hood switch.

The installation instructions for the OBDII harness hookup can be found here.

Ford Remote Access - Page 22 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Good to know, thanks. I do have the factory remote start, but apparently its not the "omni-directional.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:51 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
No, the remote start is not the "omni-directional" that come on our trucks. The remote start from the factory is limited to apporximtely 30ft to start or lock/unlock the truck.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:30 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GotLift
I just bought a 2015 F250 and I need an alarm installed ASAP. Has anyone had any experience with the Ford Perimeter Plus security system? It seems relatively cheap @ $200, but I don't know if they get you at the dealership for installation.

I think I'd rather have a Ford technician install something instead of Best Buy or Audio Express. This way if there is any issue with Microsoft Sync or My Touch it should be covered.
You could install it if you want. They are super easy.

Unbolt the OBDII connector from the bottom of the dash. Plug in the t-harness, run a zip tie through to keep them secure, and bolt up the new connector to the dash. Plug in the security module and zip tie it up to the wiring harness that runs through the firewall.

Get in the truck with your key, close the doors and unlock all the doors. Cycle the key from off to on 8 times - ending in the ON position. The door locks will cycle once, then cycle twice. Wait another 20 seconds and they'll cycle a 3rd time. Take the key out. Congrats you're done.

For the sensitivity adjustment, you can set it before you install. Just turn the **** completely counter-clockwise as far as it will go. The notch pointing down and to the left, now turn it back until it's at the 1:00 position. That's usually the correct sensitivity 99 out of 100 times.

If you want to test it, roll down the driver's window, close and lock the doors using the lock button on the key (remote lock). Wait 30 seconds for the system to arm. Now hit the steering wheel, a light/medium impact should set off a warning honk, a medium/hard impact should trigger the alarm.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:34 AM
GotLift
Elder User
Originally Posted by Pocket
You could install it if you want. They are super easy.

Unbolt the OBDII connector from the bottom of the dash. Plug in the t-harness, run a zip tie through to keep them secure, and bolt up the new connector to the dash. Plug in the security module and zip tie it up to the wiring harness that runs through the firewall.

Get in the truck with your key, close the doors and unlock all the doors. Cycle the key from off to on 8 times - ending in the ON position. The door locks will cycle once, then cycle twice. Wait another 20 seconds and they'll cycle a 3rd time. Take the key out. Congrats you're done.

For the sensitivity adjustment, you can set it before you install. Just turn the **** completely counter-clockwise as far as it will go. The notch pointing down and to the left, now turn it back until it's at the 1:00 position. That's usually the correct sensitivity 99 out of 100 times.

If you want to test it, roll down the driver's window, close and lock the doors using the lock button on the key (remote lock). Wait 30 seconds for the system to arm. Now hit the steering wheel, a light/medium impact should set off a warning honk, a medium/hard impact should trigger the alarm.
Looks simple enough. Thanks for the info. I assume that you cannot run a tuner with the factory alarm since they each utilize the OBDII connection.

I haven't decided on a tuner yet, but coming out of diesel to a gasser is taking some getting used to. Feels like the stock tune is designed to haul a bed full of uncrated eggs.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:44 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks simple enough. Thanks for the info. I assume that you cannot run a tuner with the factory alarm since they each utilize the OBDII connection.
I'm not sure about the tuner, but the connector in the security kit has a passthrough with another DLC port so that you still have an OBDII connection available. That way dealers can still run IDS, perform calibration updates, etc without having to remove the alarm.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:09 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
I assume that you cannot run a tuner with the factory alarm since they each utilize the OBDII connection.
You can run a tuner or monitor such as the bluetooth OBDII used with Torque Pro or you can run a tuner such as the Edge products. The only problem you have is trying to do a Vehicle Health Report (VHR) with a tuner or bluetooth module plugged in. Per Ford IVT Team, you will have to remove it and then cycle the key to run the VHR. Once the report is finished, you can plug in the tuner or module.

I run an Edge Insight CTS2 (monitor not programmer) on my truck and have to do the above to get the VHR to work.