Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Probably a dumb question but.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 08:32 AM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably a dumb question but.....

Is anyone planning on going to the town that shall not be named (carlisle) on the dates that shall not be mentioned (aug 5-6-7) for the show that shall not be attended? (ATN?)

As usual at least *I* am a truck fan and *I* will be there (snooty expression and noises given) :-)

Same spots....same deal...and Pam makes the best perky pot coffee on the east coast.....

Ps: for the first time in his life my eldest son will not be there other than to help set up on wednesday - he has his first full time summer job (as he has insurance to buy, truck parts to get (he has 'new blue') and must work work work with bikini clad honeys at the river....)

pps: New blue has got the cancer and we feel too much work is putting a silk hat on a pig. He loves his truck. does the best he can with it, but does not fully have the mechanic gene his dad got - which is ok - it appears he has the ability to goto college to be a doc and I am not so old and infirm I cannot direct repairs. but for a graduation present from HS, I am looking for a new-new blue (or red or green etc) from say 89-96 (must be the EEC-IV generation!) with zero zero rust - bed area, rear frame, spring hangers etc. Anyone got a line on one for sale? I have nearly unlimited indoor semi heated storage to hide it until june 1 2017 :-)

Old 07-30-2016, 09:14 AM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
seriously? no one is going?

Old 07-31-2016, 12:39 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Those of us who in the past have been heavily involved in planning a group gathering have been thru a lot this year. Between being buried at work (personally I've been working anywhere from 10-14 hours a day, sometimes 6 or 7 days a week since January), job changes, family commitments and other things, there's just not been the time to plan any sort of "official" gathering among folks on here for this year. I'm sure people that have come out in the past will be coming out - if even for just one day of the event, but any sort of planned gathering is going to be very rag-tag and small at best. I do know that the trucks of the group that normally show on the show field most likely will be there.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Derek86
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be there Friday afternoon and maybe Saturday morning. I don't know whether my truck will be on the show field, but it's just a stock F250 anyway.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:56 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Cool, Derek. I'll be there all weekend, and Saturday camped out with the black F150 you see in my sig pic (til it's judged at least). Not sure if I'm taking both trucks out this year, yet. Depends if I can find a trailer.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:00 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
well we are still in j21-24, stop by in the AM, you all know Pam makes the best perky pot coffee on the east coast...and the omelets with peppers from the garden.....mmmmm

doubt she will make any cakes....since we started worrying about A1C's, dont eat it much

Old 08-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Derek86
Junior User
I'm going to be arriving in the early afternoon on Friday and I plan on having a case of beer with me. We'll see how I make it back for Saturday morning, it'll depend on if I find anything I want to buy.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:51 AM
svolpone
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was going to go, and drive my truck there, but something came up and I can't go. Have fun.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:37 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
It was a good show...the rain NEVER showed up, not even at night and it was hot hot hot.

Tim put together a good show and I renewed my spots for next year. We sold parts, and we got parts...headlight w/bucket and 4 alum wheels for my kids f150 and the elusive 3rd row seat for my square sub.

There is a new club there called 'clueless *******s' or something like that...have not figured out what THAT is about yet. and there is a club near the MAFTE spot called 'OBSaddicts' that is HUGE, and age wise they MAYBE were in diapers when these trucks roamed the earth.

ran into a couple guys from halifax PA that are cutting up every single dentside, bull nose and aero nose they can get a hold of.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:50 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

I know a lot of those guys in OBS Addicts - many have become friends and in fact I support their group as an OBS owner. They're good guys but yes, very young. I feel like I'm old enough to be father to some of them, but there are some "old timers" among the group (my age...mid 40's...or so). Some of those young guys have taught me a thing or two though - but then again I'm a bit more willing to listen to all than many. At the core, they respect the OBS body style at least and want to preserve the "old to them" sheetmetal for years to come. They won top club with 68 registered, and there are some nice trucks among the group.

Part of me wishes we could recapture that here - but I think those days have passed.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:00 AM
Derek86
Junior User
Base your judgements on behavior, not appearance.

Life rule for me.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:05 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by Derek86
Based your judgements on behavior, not appearance.

Life rule for me.
Absolutely. I try hard to not pre-dispose my opinions based on the visuals.