N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

What you doing for Mother's Day?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:11 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What you doing for Mother's Day?

Me, I got it easy, Liz loves to make up gifts -she did giftware for many years - so she is helping me. She is making up a basket of soap and other beauty products she has laying around here for my mother. (My mother is a shut in and is no longer able to do here own shopping). I will deliver it this afternoon so as to have Sunday free.

Liz herself is even easier. She loves to shop so she gets a card and a gift certificate for Macy's. I will pick it up when go into town and visit my mother this afternoon.

I wanted to take a couple of her single friends and do a picnic at Yosemite, but they all want to stay home so their children can call them. Even Liz wants to stay home in case her son comes out. My guess is that she will want me to help her do some yard work on Sunday, but there is not much spring work left that needs doing.

Of course, all either of them want is a little extra attention. I expect it is the same for all mothers. It is kind of fun to provide it to them, and sure makes for a harmonious home.

What do you plan to do for yours?

Old 05-12-2007, 02:04 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Probably be lowkey around here...Dad's health and Mom still has her arm in a sling. Cards and Candy go a long way

Old 05-13-2007, 01:22 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Taking Mom up the hill to my sister's for a family get-together. It'll be a combo Mother's Day thing and Grandad's 96th B-day celebration.

Oh, and that's after I haul and unload a car, work on the project truck and install a V-drive in a boat...other than that, I anticipate a quiet day...

Old 05-13-2007, 01:49 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am a member of a very large, and close family. Every year, the group gets together and holds a picnic at a park. I am usually too far away to partake, but this year we made a special effort to attend. The men all wait on the mothers, bbq'ing and mixing MaiTai's (sp), while the mothers sit and enjoy the shade and being waited on.
A fun time for all, especially the mothers.
I'm glad we can join them all this year. I'm sure Tina will enjoy it.
I am on the cooking detail. Yuck. Oh well. It's still nice to be able to visit with our family. A great buch. I'm a lucky guy to be a part of such a group.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:46 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
. . .I am on the cooking detail. Yuck. . . ..
Don't the cooks get to drink beer, while others supervise kid's games?

Old 05-13-2007, 09:32 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, yeah. Clint, your such an optomist. Always looking on the bright side. Funny how beer is one of those things that can even make rooting my septic line a hoot.
Y'all take care of those Moms today. They deserve a little pampering for all the did, or do, whatever the case may be.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Mom lives in Long Beach, so usually I just call her on the phone. This year I will send a card, and might even deliver it in person. Currently I am working ,though, and will have to make a late appearance down there on my day off.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:16 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Well, I got lucky - Liz's son came out for breakfast and brought a few single friends. They even brought most of the fixings as most everything we ate are off my diet.

Not only did I get a good breakfast full of forbidden foods, but now the boys are busy doing yard work outside, and a couple are finishing up her new wood floors.

They even ran out and got there own beer. All I have to do is keep out of their way!

Mike, wait a few years and the boys will start hanging around your daughters - you can put them to work! They will even do yard work and help clean the shop.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:47 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Originally Posted by WillyB
Mike, wait a few years and the boys will start hanging around your daughters - you can put them to work! They will even do yard work and help clean the shop.
I'm hoping by the thime that happens, I'll be too old to work in the shop or care about it