6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Information Display... New Info....??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 06:38 PM
David_ski
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Information Display... New Info....??

This afternoon when I started up my truck there was additional information on my instrument cluster display that was not there in the previous 1,900 miles. It is the transmission gear indicator on the right hand side.

I have seen posts from others showing their display that does and does not show the current transmission gear. I assumed that it was just a earlier SW version that showed the current transmission gear. I find nothing in the manual about the transmission gear indicator. It is displayed on all of my information display screens.

NO, it was not always there the previous 1,900 miles, and I just did not notice it. It was NOT there the previous 5 weeks. The only thing I did different today before I noticed it being ON, I had to back up about 500-1,000 feet before I could turn around. As soon as I put it into drive after the reverse run, the gear indicator was there.

What gives? How did it get turned ON?

I like it ON. Yes, it goes away when I am in P-R-N. It comes back on when I put it into Drive.

Will it mysteriously turn itself off sometime in the future?

Old 06-17-2016, 06:54 PM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
David,

There is an up/down switch on the gearshift selector- about 4 inches in from the end. Up once indicator goes away; up again and it comes back. You probably bumped it accidentally. With new truck, or whenever a major reflash of control modules, it goes back to "no show."

If in M rather than D, you can shift up and down gears with it. If in D, you can lock out the higher gears by pressing the down one or more times depending upon how many of the top gears you do not want to use.

Originally Posted by David_ski
This afternoon when I started up my truck there was additional information on my instrument cluster display that was not there in the previous 1,900 miles. It is the transmission gear indicator on the right hand side.

I have seen posts from others showing their display that does and does not show the current transmission gear. I assumed that it was just a earlier SW version that showed the current transmission gear. I find nothing in the manual about the transmission gear indicator. It is displayed on all of my information display screens.

NO, it was not always there the previous 1,900 miles, and I just did not notice it. It was NOT there the previous 5 weeks. The only thing I did different today before I noticed it being ON, I had to back up about 500-1,000 feet before I could turn around. As soon as I put it into drive after the reverse run, the gear indicator was there.

What gives? How did it get turned ON?

I like it ON. Yes, it goes away when I am in P-R-N. It comes back on when I put it into Drive.

Will it mysteriously turn itself off sometime in the future?

Old 06-17-2016, 07:03 PM
David_ski
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnD333
David,

There is an up/down switch on the gearshift selector- about 4 inches in from the end. Up once indicator goes away; up again and it comes back. You probably bumped it accidentally. With new truck, or whenever a major reflash of control modules, it goes back to "no show."

If in M rather than D, you can shift up and down gears with it. If in D, you can lock out the higher gears by pressing the down one or more times depending upon how many of the top gears you do not want to use.
Thanks. Yes, I verified that is how it gets turned off and on.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:36 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Odd... I don't manually shift my truck and I thought I remembered this display showing which gear it was in while the truck was automatically up/down-shifting... Went looking through my pictures and found one that clearly shows the same gear indicator..