Fuel Hose

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 09:28 PM
dpoc
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Hose

Hello,

I am working on my Dad's 1977 F150 with a 300 inline 6. I am trying to track down the fuel hose that runs between the hard line from the fuel pump and the fuel filter. It appears to be a "preformed" hose that is formed at a 90° angle. I searched LMC truck and RockAuto but didn't see anything. Local auto parts store stated that there is a hose that comes with the fuel filter. Which there is however it is a straight hose and doesn't appear that it would be long enough if you could get it to bend. Anyone else run into this situation before? Or anyone know where I could get one of these hoses? I can post a picture if it would help. Any ideas, thoughts or leads are appreciated!

Old 05-02-2016, 02:04 AM
Ozzie H.
Laughing Gas
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by dpoc
Hello,

I am working on my Dad's 1977 F150 with a 300 inline 6. I am trying to track down the fuel hose that runs between the hard line from the fuel pump and the fuel filter. It appears to be a "preformed" hose that is formed at a 90° angle. I searched LMC truck and RockAuto but didn't see anything. Local auto parts store stated that there is a hose that comes with the fuel filter. Which there is however it is a straight hose and doesn't appear that it would be long enough if you could get it to bend. Anyone else run into this situation before? Or anyone know where I could get one of these hoses? I can post a picture if it would help. Any ideas, thoughts or leads are appreciated!
A photo might help.(?)
Sometime finding a preformed fuel hose of a certain I.D. with a small radius can be difficult. I'm assuming that the fuel filter is mounted in the carburetor.(?) The Ford truck parts master catalog appears to show a "connector" hose for the 6 cyl. application between the metal fuel line coming from the pump and whatever is above it, but I couldn't find a part number for it. If the one you have is not usable, and you can't find a replacement, you may have to do a substitution. There are businesses that specialize in hose fabrications of all types. You could ask one of them. Be sure that the hose you ask for can tolerate fuel. If that doesn't work you could buy a longer piece of straight hose and make a large radius sweeping connection or you could make the curve with a piece of metal tubing and connect each end with straight hose.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:56 AM
dpoc
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ozzie H.
A photo might help.(?)
Sometime finding a preformed fuel hose of a certain I.D. with a small radius can be difficult. I'm assuming that the fuel filter is mounted in the carburetor.(?) The Ford truck parts master catalog appears to show a "connector" hose for the 6 cyl. application between the metal fuel line coming from the pump and whatever is above it, but I couldn't find a part number for it. If the one you have is not usable, and you can't find a replacement, you may have to do a substitution. There are businesses that specialize in hose fabrications of all types. You could ask one of them. Be sure that the hose you ask for can tolerate fuel. If that doesn't work you could buy a longer piece of straight hose and make a large radius sweeping connection or you could make the curve with a piece of metal tubing and connect each end with straight hose.

Here is a picture of the hose.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:23 AM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts
You can just move the fuel line a little and use standard hose in a larger radius bend.

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2016, 11:16 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Racing supply stores stock the 90 degree hoses, I haven't checked in a while but I think Pegasus auto racing sold them.