6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Engine/Trans issue dealer cannot duplicate

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 06:44 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine/Trans issue dealer cannot duplicate

So I have just over 14k on my 2015....... I love the truck but have had a few small issues. I had a water leak coming in from the roof that would leak through the grab handle. Nothing major dealer replaced one clearance light seal and they said the windshield needs to be re sealed.

Then I had a god awful irritating squeak in the dash..... It only does it late In the day when it's been hot. The dealer said it was a loose air bag. I have had the truck back a week and it's doing it again.

Those are little issues that will get resolved...... I hate having problems with a brand new $65k vehicle but I understand it happens and that's what warranty is for.

I also reported a bad shake to the dealer...... The truck will shake very violently and have a very loud "diesel" sound. It's very specific at when it occurs. It has only done 4 times in the past 6 weeks including today. The odd thing is the 4 times it has done it has been the same time of day in the exact same spot on the exact same road!!!!

Basically I leave my office sit in some traffic and by the time I get to the parkway it has been35 minutes or so. Only happens in 6th at 60 which is roughly 1,400rpm a slight load due to a small incline and it shakes real bad! The typical "diesel" sound you get when under a load is very pronounced almost to a knock. It will continue to do this as you slowly increase throttle until it down shifts and then goes away. I also caught it doing it and I manually shifted to 5th and it went away.

Because of the rpm at which it happens with slight load only doing it in 6th I lean to a Trans issue and more so a converter problem. It feels like converter shutter. I just don't understand the engine sound.

I gave very descriptive info to the dealer..... Several techs drove it and could not duplicate. I just picked the truck back up last Thursday and the dash squeak is back and the shake happened yesterday and again today. So I am a bit irritated to say the least.

I really hate the fact that I know there is a problem but I also understand if a tech can't duplicate it he can't diagnose it. However today I did get a video of it with my phone so they will know I'm not making this crap up!

Very frustrating....... Now all I think about is what happens later after I get more miles on it after warranty ...... I guess buy an ESP or trade it in........

Old 07-23-2015, 06:57 PM
expeditor97
Freshman User
Sounds to me like you have the same problem guys are having in this thread.....Ford Releases TSB 15-0088 For 2015 Active Regeneration Jackhammer Valves Issue.........Its a couple of threads down from this thread on the 6.7 homepage

Old 07-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Thanks for the info...... I just read all 12 pages and yes I have this issues which from what I just read there is no fix and will not be one for at least 9 or so months😐

Old 07-24-2015, 08:05 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Amelio
...I really hate the fact that I know there is a problem but I also understand if a tech can't duplicate it he can't diagnose it. However today I did get a video of it with my phone...
I'm glad you were able to capture this on video, Amelio. Do you plan on returning to your dealer soon to show it to them? Additionally, let's get this escalated to your regional customer service manager. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll do the rest.

Crystal

Old 07-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Thanks for the push Crystal I will PM you.

Yes I do plan on brining it back, they still need to re seal the windshield and the squeak in the dash they addressed a few weeks ago is back.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:27 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Amelio
Thanks for the push Crystal I will PM you.

Yes I do plan on brining it back, they still need to re seal the windshield and the squeak in the dash they addressed a few weeks ago is back.
Thanks for reaching out, Amelio. I got your PM this morning and sent you a reply.

Crystal

Old 07-27-2015, 07:51 PM
lwk362393
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have also had a squeak coming from the dash that drives me nuts. I can usually get it to stop by pushing hard on the steering wheel, but that's not a good solution. I brought it to the attention of my dealer once and I don't even think they could hear it. Maybe I'll try again. Please let me know if the find a solution for you!

Old 07-27-2015, 08:02 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Make sure you use good terminology when explaining your problem. I'm working on one "Customer says there's a rattle in the dash, next to the windshield on the right side." Turns out it is a wind noise issue. If I'd have followed the exact instructions, how far off would that take me?

Old 07-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Amelio
Senior User
This squeak is coming from the pass side. Two weeks ago when the dealer had it they said it was the air bag making noise because it was loose ????? Anyway it's back and the truck will be going back...... Fortunately they have heard it and found it maybe a bracket of fastener is bad???

I will keep you posted.