Ford Ranger Verses Chevrolet Colorado, Toyota Tacoma & Nissan Frontier - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Reload this Page >

Ford Ranger Verses Chevrolet Colorado, Toyota Tacoma & Nissan Frontier

Notices
Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 10-09-2014, 02:42 PM
edtahaney
FTE Editor
edtahaney is starting off with a positive reputation.

Read the comparison story here:

Ford Ranger Verses Chevrolet Colorado, Toyota Tacoma & Nissan Frontier - Ford Trucks

When will Ford bring the Ranger back?

Old 10-09-2014, 05:14 PM
smlford
Posting Guru
smlford has a good reputation on FTE.smlford has a good reputation on FTE.
I could not agree more!
Why not call it the F-100 and sell a bunch of them! Particularly with the diesel....

The new 2.7 EB would also be a good fit for this truck

Old 10-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Honestly I don't buy into Ford's reason for not selling the Ranger here. They state they don't want to hurt the F series, particularly the F-150. However, what difference does it make if people buy a Ranger over the F-150? They are still buying a Ford.

Jim

Old 10-10-2014, 02:20 PM
exranger06
Senior User
exranger06 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Nighteyez View Post
Honestly I don't buy into Ford's reason for not selling the Ranger here. They state they don't want to hurt the F series, particularly the F-150. However, what difference does it make if people buy a Ranger over the F-150? They are still buying a Ford.

Jim
Because then they might not be able to advertise the F150 as America's best selling truck.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:29 PM
Pgh Rebel
Posting Guru
Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
Like I wrote in another forum on the Ranger, from what I hear from a Ford sales rep, the whole reason comes down to Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)standards as determined by our "friends" in Washington. Ford already sells too many other large trucks and SUV's to justify another truck in the U.S. market. Other markets don't have those same standards. GM can probably justify the Colorado because they sell more small cars than they do trucks and SUV's. This to me makes more sense than Ford's excuse that they don't want to steal sales from the F-150. However they also need to save face in front of the Feds.
If they do decide to bring in the Ranger, I'd personally love to see them offer it with the 2.7 ecoboost and/or a small diesel engine. Not sure I'd buy the diesel, though. Also give me a smaller cab with a longer bed. I need my trucks for haulin!

Old 09-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Thinlizzy13
Senior User
Thinlizzy13 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by smlford View Post
I could not agree more!
Why not call it the F-100 and sell a bunch of them! Particularly with the diesel....

The new 2.7 EB would also be a good fit for this truck
X2, I'd like to see a diesel ranger.

F-100 would be interesting, maybe bring back the ranger trim level?

Old 09-08-2015, 06:07 PM
heymrdj
Posting Guru
heymrdj has a good reputation on FTE.heymrdj has a good reputation on FTE.heymrdj has a good reputation on FTE.
I don't think we'd see the 2.7 in a Ranger size vehicle, too much power for the capabilities of a true small pickup frame. I'd say the 2.3 EB would be better suited. Ranger/Escape are about in the same weight categories.