6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

P040D

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Gladden35
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soundsike mine

So mine 250 is running like **** to sounds just like yours no power on take off or any so that fixed your problem just replacing that and no code no more and thanks for the i,for i will have to fix mine this weekend
Originally Posted by MikeRizz
So finally got the new sensor installed. I cleared the code and the truck runs great again! I took a few pictures in hoping that it will help the next guy that needs to do this.

First this is the sensor you are looking for, looking up from underneath the truck, passenger side.

Some people have said they could get to it without removing the inner wheel well, I don't see how unless you have tiny hands! The wheel well is fairly easy to remove. There are about 6 screws and 4 plastic rivets. Remove them and the wheel well can be pulled down. I just let it rest on the tire. See picture:

Once you have the inner wheel well removed you can easily see the sensor.

I sprayed PB on it for a couple of days before I tried to remove it. I then heated up for a bit with a small torch. After that it was easy to remove. Take your time unscrewing it so you do not strip out any threads.

Next remove the air box. Loosen the two clamps and disconnect the electrical connections ( there are three total ). Then simply remove the box from the engine bay.

Once that is removed you can reach the sensor's electrical connector. It slides off a small plastic stand on the engine. Slide it off which will give you more room to disconnect the old sensor then disconnect it. This is the connector:

Here is the old and new replacement sensor:

I applied anti-seize to the threads on the new sensor. Reconnect the electrical connection and then screw the sensor in. Install air box, inner fender well in reverse order and you are good to go. I cleared the old code. Not sure if it would have gone away on it's own.