6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Dashboss w/fuel pressure add-on

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Dashboss w/fuel pressure add-on

I am close to pulling the trigger on the DB. I want to make sure I get everything required to monitor fuel pressure as well.

Anybody using this set up that can let me know what all I need to purchase???

TIA...

Old 02-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
Easiest to order the kit from Dashboss. Just need an adapter for the fuel housing.

Josh

Old 02-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Thanks Josh, I didn't see there was a Powerstroke bundle that included everything.. Makes it easy!

Old 02-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Dutter65
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I wish I wouldn't have bought one for a few reasons
1 it is hit and miss with Bluetooth connectivity
2 unless you have an extra iPhone around it's not convenient to use your phone and try and monitor your vitals. I think scan gauge would always be there when I want it. One of the biggest reasons I got the Dashboss was it works on other vehicles but after having it I'm wishing it was always on and in the truck.
I just recently got a EGT gauge from another source for $108 and it is the greatest little thing ever and it's right there in my dash to see when I want.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Bullitt390

Good luck with SG2... 1980s pocket calculator LOL

Josh

Old 02-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Originally Posted by Dutter65
Personally I wish I wouldn't have bought one for a few reasons
1 it is hit and miss with Bluetooth connectivity
2 unless you have an extra iPhone around it's not convenient to use your phone and try and monitor your vitals. I think scan gauge would always be there when I want it. One of the biggest reasons I got the Dashboss was it works on other vehicles but after having it I'm wishing it was always on and in the truck.
I just recently got a EGT gauge from another source for $108 and it is the greatest little thing ever and it's right there in my dash to see when I want.
I had a SG on my other 06 and it worked fine. I have no issues with it, but I like the option of several gauges up at once as well as data logging. Plus SG doesn't have the add-ons. I have an Iphone and Ipad, so it shouldn't be too inconvenient for me. Plus I don't think I am going to be obsessed with watching things. I will look at it a couple of times a week just to make sure everything is healthy...

Old 02-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Bullitt390

Originally Posted by Shaneb75
I will look at it a couple of times a week just to make sure everything is healthy...
Exactly, there is no need to keep an eagle on eye on things.

Besides for those with Bluetooth connection issues, if both the gateway and app are up to date the issue lies with the Phone firmware and the operator.

Josh

Old 02-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Dutter65
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
Exactly, there is no need to keep an eagle on eye on things.

Besides for those with Bluetooth connection issues, if both the gateway and app are up to date the issue lies with the Phone firmware and the operator.

Josh
So your the Bluetooth expert huh? It's nice to know that you think I'm not up to date and I know, thank you! And when your having problems I do want to keep an eagle eye on my gauges, FYI.
What's the point of having gauges if your not going to monitor them?
The problem lies more when I shut down to run into the store and then come back out, it doesn't always connect right up like it does every morning.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Bullitt390

So your the Bluetooth expert huh? It's nice to know that you think I'm not up to date and I know, thank you! And when your having problems I do want to keep an eagle eye on my gauges, FYI.
The problem lies more when I shut down to run into the store and then come back out, it doesn't always connect right up like it does every morning.
That's what data logging is for... hit record and watch the road.

I'm not the DashBoss expert by any means, but I am a Beta Tester and have worked side-by-side with Ken on developing the 6.0 PIDs for DB.

Josh

PS: you're, use it correctly.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:50 PM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

When I had my other truck I spent more time watching the SG than I did the road. lol I was able to catch the FICM failing but I could have caught that by checking it 2-3 times a week. I think unless your truck has a history of leaving you stranded, there is no need to obsess about it. JMHO.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:23 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What about an old iPhone that you leave there and don't connect to the network or cell services for monitoring. Can you also add EGT through dash boss? I am toying with the options, as I have an old outlook monitor with EGT and I would like to keep EGT, add fuel pressure and have all the gauges of SG 2 as options.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Originally Posted by mhoefer
Can you also add EGT through dash boss?
Yes Sir, EGT and Fuel Pressure...

Dashboss - Critical Vehicle Health Monitoring

Old 02-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Bullitt390

What about an old iPhone that you leave there and don't connect to the network or cell services for monitoring. Can you also add EGT through dash boss? I am toying with the options, as I have an old outlook monitor with EGT and I would like to keep EGT, add fuel pressure and have all the gauges of SG 2 as options.
There is a member on another 6.0 forum that has a multi-way toggle and can choose Fuel Pressure, Degas and LPO and the other port on the DashBoss he has the EGT.

Since the 3 pressure sensors are the same they can all use the same custom PID, just cycle thru them as needed.

Josh

Old 03-01-2014, 10:20 AM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice, maybe I need to convince wife to get a new iPhone :-)

Old 03-01-2014, 11:05 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice, maybe I need to convince wife to get a new iPhone :-)
JFI, if you don't need a phone you can always just use an Ipod5. That's what I did. I have a regular flip phone and only use the Ipod to play music and use as my DB monitor. These two functions play very well together. I've wondered, however, if you did use an Iphone, if you could also have your telephone work sound through the stereo as well...? That might be a nice feature as well, 3 in 1 package. As is, I have a 2 in 1 package at my fingers, just above the dash...

Anyway, I picked up one of those Schoche signal brodcasters that sends the Ipod music through a selected radio channel on the stock Ford stereo (like $13 at Wallyworld). I also picked up one of those Schoche Iphone/Ipod holders that have the suction mount for the windshield. It puts the gauges and music selection functions easily seen and accessible while towing my fifth wheel. I can monitor EGT, and eventually I'll add the fuel pressure monitor as well. I really like my setup.

The bluetooth connectivity isn't really an issue for me at all. I just touch the screen to activate bluetooth at startup (if necessary) while the oil pressure comes up. No big deal for me. If I stop while traveling to get a bite to eat I can take the Ipod with me, which leaves nothing visible to tempt those that might want to steal my equipment, another nice feature. The Dashboss is a very slick, awesome device, from my experience.

Quick Reply: Dashboss w/fuel pressure add-on