1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Official last post for Flatlander Truckfest May 18-19 Central IL

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
Why do I think I am going to be made fun of?
No not at all!! RT 66 just brings out the animal in people!!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:01 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 259 Likes on 162 Posts
Sounds like you guys and gals had a great time. Thanks for pictures and reports. Congratulations, Rob. Wish I could have been there.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 AM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 280 Likes on 111 Posts
Rob, looks like all your hard work paid off, what a great event! What a beautiful place you have there, even better with all that old Ford iron parked about. I was following along all weekend wishing I were there, breathing all that smoke from the F3 ! LOL!! Having been a participant of Truckstock, I can tell you that there are some really great people on this forum! It's funny how easy it was to talk with everyone as we all had a common bond in the old trucks. If any of you get a chance I would highly recommend that you attend an event if at all possible, you won't regret it.
Thanks Rob for putting this together.
w

Old 05-20-2013, 07:21 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,129 Likes on 822 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
Why do I think I am going to be made fun of?
Why do think that? Did you do something to be embarrassed about? Rrmember, "What happens at Truckfest/Truckstock stays at.Truckfest/Truckstock.. Or does it?

Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 259 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Why do think that? Did you do something to be embarrassed about? Rrmember, "What happens at Truckfest/Truckstock stays at.Truckfest/Truckstock.. Or does it?
As evidenced by the Sponge Bob reports, NO!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 558 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by homade
Why do you have to remove the drivers door to pull the tranny, I'm confused.
Gary,
Two separate issues; crunched door & bad shift linkage/tranny. Both would need fixed before he wanders too far away from home.

DOC,
I was only able to attend Saturday due to my fathers 80th birthday party. And there aren't very many pics of me as I was busy taking pictures and working on Robs ole truck.
The reason I'm telling you this is to ask you to come to Truckstock if you have it.

BJ

Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I might have a little starting problem with the F-2 but at least I didn't end up on 400+ mountain this time!!
I hear the ILLINOIS STATE POLICE have an all points out for a older red pickup with WI plates. It seems a rather large number of corn fields in central IL have been run thru with that pickup -- anyone have any ideas who that may have been?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 133 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by bjmayberry2
DOC,
I was only able to attend Saturday due to my fathers 80th birthday party. And there aren't very many pics of me as I was busy taking pictures and working on Robs ole truck.
The reason I'm telling you this is to ask you to come to Truckstock if you have it.

BJ
Cool! You don't have to ask to come to Truckstock. We'd love to have ya! All active members of this forum are invited.

Now that you've brought it up, I have to work on the logistics of Truckstock in the next few weeks. I'm changing jobs in about 2 weeks, and I have a lot of irons in the fire (including coaching two separate little league teams), so if it seems like I'm pre-occupied and distracted from this forum, it's because I am. I just need to figure out the date. It will be the same format with some simplification of the food, etc. Basically, I'm gonna set a date, mow the grass, and invite some FTE friends over for a weekend cookout and B.S. session around the campfire.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
Cool! You don't have to ask to come to Truckstock. We'd love to have ya! All active members of this forum are invited.

Now that you've brought it up, I have to work on the logistics of Truckstock in the next few weeks. I'm changing jobs in about 2 weeks, and I have a lot of irons in the fire (including coaching two separate little league teams), so if it seems like I'm pre-occupied and distracted from this forum, it's because I am. I just need to figure out the date. It will be the same format with some simplification of the food, etc. Basically, I'm gonna set a date, mow the grass, and invite some FTE friends over for a weekend cookout and B.S. session around the campfire.
WOO HOO!!!

Old 05-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I've been a little MIA... After convincing my wife and family to let me invite my Internet friends over I got to spend much more time at the farm getting ready ( a good thing!). Lets just say my honey do jobs at home have been neglected! ...

Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,702 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Originally Posted by Rojak
Sorry I've been a little MIA... After convincing my wife and family to let me invite my Internet friends over I got to spend much more time at the farm getting ready ( a good thing!). Lets just say my honey do jobs at home have been neglected! ...
There is always paybacks to make up for our fun times....

Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru

Rob just sent this to me!

Old 05-20-2013, 10:35 AM
homade
Posting Guru
I just want to explain a few things on Robs truck, #4 and #6 cylinders had 0 compression when tested so we put in some Mystery Oil and let it sit while trying to figure out the wiring, we knew we had fire, it just wasn't going to the right place at the right time, we were cranking the ol inline 6 over and started to get some compression in the cylinders, finially around 88-67-100-102-100-100, not bad, probably better now. Cleaned the old plugs and installed,figures out where the wires went,this is after we figured out that the distributor was 180 out and none of the wires were in the right place for the firing order,fuel pump was bad so if you look in the pics of Rob driving around you can see in the passenger side window is a red gas can hanging from the top of the door so the gas can gravity feed the carb that we had apart at leats 5 or 6 times before getting it cleaned out and all the leaks stopped and then WA-LA the old blue truck was running. All of the smoke is not engine smoke, we figured out that a good cleaning was in order so I put a quart of ATF through the carb hence all of the smoke but it sure does sound great for an old truck that hasen't run since parked in the last 4or5 years. It was a team effort that produced probably 20 man hours in about 2 hours or so, great job guys for a job well done, Garry

Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 AM
homade
Posting Guru
She just couldn't keep her hands off Jeff after riding in HOMADE (I GET THAT ALL THE TIME) really, I swear. Really jeff is just trying to get low and mean looking like the truck. Damit man, she's looking good and I ain't talking about the truck-----RISKY---------

Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 618 Likes on 383 Posts
That's the true FTE spirit right there, Garry! (edit -- in light of the last post, I should clarify I was talking about the engine work!)

Quick Reply: Official last post for Flatlander Truckfest May 18-19 Central IL