1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Official last post for Flatlander Truckfest May 18-19 Central IL

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by graygt07
That black truck "galyean" doesn't look too bad when u use a wide angle len and take a few steps back.
Jeff,

Thanks for bringing your truck to the event. Didn't get much of a chance to introduce myself. Your truck is beautiful and the detail up close is amazing. Thanks for sharing it with the group.

teardropty aka Ty

Old 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope to make one of these someday, I haven't had much time to work on the truck lately and work is about to get completely crazy with 4 restaurant interiors to do and a 15K sq ft house full of millwork and cabinets. My truck is really fairly close to being done, money won't be a problem with all this work, but time will. I just need to find a way to do it all I would love to be a part of one of the get-togethers, but Houston is a long way from most of the sites. Someday I WILL make it to one of them....

It sounds like another great time was had by all who attended

Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 PM
52 Ford F1
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by harleymsn
If all goes well (guess that means my luck needs to change LOL) I would like to host one at my little place here in Tennessee next year.
Close enough for me!

Old 05-21-2013, 09:27 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I could make a trip to C'town as well. Homade likes the look of one green flat bed that lives there.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by homade
I guess I could make a trip to C'town as well. Homade likes the look of one green flat bed that lives there.
Nicolle and I are both interested in TN

Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by graygt07
That black truck "galyean" doesn't look too bad when u use a wide angle len and take a few steps back.
Jeff, don't sell yourself short! I thought it looked good!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Rob , how did your wife's lunch go! You get any brownie points

Old 05-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Are you still eating leftover old pizza and hot dogs?

Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 PM
larryb346
Laughing Gas
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Rob
We just got home yesterday and would like to tell you and everyone that attended we really enjoyed the time we were there. Your work to make this happen and to make sure everyone had a great time is greatly appreciated.
It was great to see old friends from Truckstock and to meet new ones. As I told Doc and the same thing applies to you , "It is a wonderful thing you did, allowing total strangers into your home and allow us to be part of the most important thing in your life, your family" Pat and I deeply appreciate all the effort you went to and wanted to thank you again for all you did. It was great and we are looking forward to where ever the next get together might be. Likely you can count us in.
Larry and Pat

Old 05-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by larryb346
Rob
We just got home yesterday and would like to tell you and everyone that attended we really enjoyed the time we were there. Your work to make this happen and to make sure everyone had a great time is greatly appreciated.
It was great to see old friends from Truckstock and to meet new ones. As I told Doc and the same thing applies to you , "It is a wonderful thing you did, allowing total strangers into your home and allow us to be part of the most important thing in your life, your family" Pat and I deeply appreciate all the effort you went to and wanted to thank you again for all you did. It was great and we are looking forward to where ever the next get together might be. Likely you can count us in.
Larry and Pat
Larry , it was nice meeting you and your wife. I'm glad you made it home safe. I know Pat was taking pictures. Do you have any more to post?

Old 05-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by teardropty
Jeff,

Thanks for bringing your truck to the event. Didn't get much of a chance to introduce myself. Your truck is beautiful and the detail up close is amazing. Thanks for sharing it with the group.

teardropty aka Ty
I agree that I too really liked your truck Jeff and am glad you and your son stopped by. Everything about your truck is well thought out and put together. I love the old school hot rod look and I'm a big 289 fan. I hope those of us in this area can hang out once in awhile. On a side note I got a kick out of your son and how he introduces himself with the handshake. You're doing a good job there! I was very happy that we had some kids with us. Hopefully they're the next generation and will take care of our beloved trucks when we're in the 'ol truck guys' home!

Old 05-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
Rob , how did your wife's lunch go! You get any brownie points
Haven't seen any brownie points yet! Maybe, Garry can bring Homade back so I can take my wife "cruising" on Old Route 66! Seemed to work for some of us!

My wife said her co-workers were very excited about the Portillos! She teaches in a public grade school and this was their last week of school so something like Portillos is a nice treat for them after all the hard work they put in!

Old 05-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
Are you still eating leftover old pizza and hot dogs?
Pizza is almost finished! I took some pizza to work to share. Still have some dogs and chicken left. I think I've gained a few pounds this week.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by larryb346
Rob
Larry and Pat
Glad to hear you got home safely. I always enjoy visiting with the two of you! You're welcome to park the motor home next to our shed any time! Hope to see you both down the road again sometime!

Old 05-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Well.... it's been a week since we had a great time at Truckfest and I'm experiencing the post-event high. Same thing happened after Truckstock. Hard to go back to work this past week. I usually pay the price for taking days off from work! Thanks again to everyone!

Quick Reply: Official last post for Flatlander Truckfest May 18-19 Central IL