6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

2006 6.0L WARNING!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM
'94IDITurbo7.3
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 6.0L WARNING!

Two weeks ago a guy that i work with bought this truck......2006 Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW Crew Cab 156" XL 4WD - Used cars downers grove | Naperville cars | Chicago cars| Pre owned cars

he drove it home and put about 600 miles on it when he noticed that there was a ton of fuel in the coolant(coolant was CLEAN when he bought it). The cold starts were also horrific! he got in touch with the seller and they said bring it back(guy at work lives near Detroit, the seller is down near Chicago). So he drove it back down there and took it to a Ford dealer and had their diesel mechanic run a bunch of tests on the truck. tomorrow i will have the entire list that the ford tech gave my friend but some of the stuff that needed replacing was every part in the cooling system, all eight injectors, FICM, both heads, oil cooler, egr cooler. the final quote for repairs was over $10,000! The seller said they were gonna make it right(in a way they did). when the seller saw the quote from the Ford dealer they said, "let me have one of my mechanics take a look at it". My friend laughed in their face. In the end he got most of his money back and the seller took the truck back. the link that i posted above is newly listed since my friend got rid of it. originally they had it listed for $15,999 and now it is listed for $16,999

All i am trying to say here is that you should not deal with this dealer and this truck would most likely be a money pit. The ONLY way this truck would be worth it is if you got the truck for well under $10K, which WILL NOT happen. Also this is to get the word out about the seller. sucks about the truck but it can be fixed, the dealer is a giant turd. This is not the first time things like this have happened with this dealer. the car lot name checks out good on google search but the owner of the places name yeilds ugly results on the internet.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:47 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts
Fuel in Coolant usualy requires Head replacment

But all that other stuff is NOT Needed if the only issue is Fuel in the Coolant

Whatever Dealer that Worked up the 10K REPAIR Bill was THE BIGGEST CROOK OF ALL!!!!!!!

If all that stuff the "repair dealer" said was bad "WAS REALLY BAD" That truck wouldnt run at ALL

There needs to be a Website that Folks can go to to List the Name of the Repairing Dealer what the problem was and what was Done/Needed to Remedy the Problem and wether or not they had a Good or Bad experiance

Let the Internet keep them Honest or Take them Out of Business if All they Offer is Theft

I hate to see Honest Hard working Folks have there vehicle breakdown only to take it to a Shop thats ONLY INTEREST is CLEANING out there Bank Account with a Whole Laundry List of Crap that needs to be Fixed

Plus it Gives the HONEST Mechanics/Shops a BAD UNDESERVED RAP!!!!!

Sorrey for the Rant All Better NOw LOL!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
'94IDITurbo7.3
Postmaster
the stuff that i listed was tested and found to be bad.

so you get fuel in the coolant and your not going to replace everything the coolant touches(at least things that seal)? sorry to hear that.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 PM
raptor131
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AUTO EXTREME INC., specializes in the distribution of mid to high end pre-owned vehicles. We invite you to browse our Online Inventory where you will find a wide selection of hand-picked Quality Pre-Owned vehicles.
Every vehicle is inspected and most may have factory warranty still left. Extended service contracts are also available. We research the US market coast to coast to bring you the best possible No Haggle Prices on all Pre-Owned Vehicles.
Our team of professionals are committed to providing you with exceptional service and assist you with all your Extreme purchases.
Your purchase will be the easiest and most enjoyable purchase experience ever. Please Call or email and one of our knowledgeable sales consultants with any questions you may have. Commitment Our goal is not just to sell you a car but to help you find the perfect vehicle and in the process, save you valuable money and time
Yet they don't even take the time to wash the vehicle or get the bird dung off the hood? Lmfao!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 136 Likes on 80 Posts
And so, once again, my finger hovers over the ignore button.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by '94IDITurbo7.3
the stuff that i listed was tested and found to be bad..
I Gotcha^^^And I know thats what they told Him

Dont get me wrong if I just bought the truck and if I could get all that stuff changed on someone elses dime I would be all over it

But IMO Stuff Like FICM & Injectors that are BOTH Said to be Bad at the same time Might NOT Be the Case usually isnt

IDK how they could say all 8 injectors are bad When the FICM that Controls the Injectors is BAD the normal coarse of action is repair ficm and retest

Normaly when a guy looses all 8 inject there is a Fuel Pressure Issue

so you get fuel in the coolant and your not going to replace everything the coolant touches(at least things that seal)? sorry to hear that.
It might be a Good Idea

If I just bought the truck I would want them changed to now I think about it

However havent heard to much about this Except for when Oil Goes threw the Cooling system since the Oil Weakens the hoses maybe fuel does to IDK

I guess what threw me off is them saying replace everything in the cooling system So in my mind I am thinking about the Water Pump and thats not really whay you mean is it???

I guess when I see a Huge Grocery list of stuff thats Bad all at Once I dont beleive it

what I see is just about every Main part that has to be removed to get the Heads out they said was Bad

Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
That list looked like the Ford dealership was pitching parts at it hoping they
woud get a home run. And bust the guys wallet in the process.
A good flushing of the cooling system will do wonders.

Sean

Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Since its only been 2 weeks since the guy bought it and this Problem has showed up I beleive the Previous owner Knew about the Fuel in coolant and didnt want to deal or spend money on a Head Job to fix it so they traded it in

I feel pretty confident in saying through out all this that the truck Ran Good Certainly he wouldnt have bought it if it Ran Bad,Slugish,misfired,smoke ect......ALL the Things that would go Hand in Hand if the Fuel Injection system has BAD Components Especialy the Most Important Parts of the Fuel Injection system FICM & ALL 8 Injectors that are said to be Bad

Old 03-22-2013, 11:28 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Yahiko
That list looked like the Ford dealership was pitching parts at it hoping they
woud get a home run. And bust the guys wallet in the process.
A good flushing of the cooling system will do wonders.

Sean

Exactly they saw a Temp Tag from just being Bought and Banked on the Fact the owner Loved the truck (They were right LOL I love Mine) and didnt know much about it and at this point would do just about anything repair wise to keep it going down the road

In this case a second opinion could have been worth it

Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Fulthrotl
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is not the first time things like this have happened with this dealer. the car lot name checks out good on google search but the owner of the places name yeilds ugly results on the internet.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!
you are giving us breaking news that a dishonest
used car salesman is operating in the united states?

i personally am shocked and appalled that this is so.
i may have to go into therapy as a result of learning this.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Fulthrotl
you are giving us breaking news that a dishonest
used car salesman is operating in the united states?

i personally am shocked and appalled that this is so.
i may have to go into therapy as a result of learning this.
I'll send you a get well card. If they commit you to the funny farm I'll
send you some files to work on the bars with. You better bet would be to get
committed to Western State Hospital (Washington State loony bin) They have
a revolving door policy. People walk in and right back out again.

Do you think it may of been Cal Worthington? You know that his dealership
got ran out of town. Well more like ran out of state. I think he is still
cheating people in California.

Sean

Old 03-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BLADE35

There needs to be a Website that Folks can go to to List the Name of the Repairing Dealer what the problem was and what was Done/Needed to Remedy the Problem and wether or not they had a Good or Bad experiance

Let the Internet keep them Honest or Take them Out of Business if All they Offer is Theft

I hate to see Honest Hard working Folks have there vehicle breakdown only to take it to a Shop thats ONLY INTEREST is CLEANING out there Bank Account with a Whole Laundry List of Crap that needs to be Fixed

Plus it Gives the HONEST Mechanics/Shops a BAD UNDESERVED RAP!!!!!

Sorrey for the Rant All Better NOw LOL!!!
IMO
the flaw with internet "feedback" is there is
nothing that prevents a customer from
'Threatening' to post a negative feedback
unless you (fill in the blank).
Likewise post a poor review against your
competitor across the street.

Some now 'verify' you are a customer who
bought the product you are reviewing..

Old 03-23-2013, 12:49 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Misky6.0
IMO
the flaw with internet "feedback" is there is
nothing that prevents a customer from
'Threatening' to post a negative feedback
unless you (fill in the blank).
Likewise post a poor review against your
competitor across the street.

Some now 'verify' you are a customer who
bought the product you are reviewing..

I know this crossed my mind

So my thought was they would have to submit a pic the written estimate

Theres got to be a Way

Fraud would be hardest to deal with

Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 PM
'94IDITurbo7.3
Postmaster
well, sorry i wasted everybody's time with this post. and i am sorry that i had an opportunity to let people know about this particular dealer and did so.

Blade, they guy at work gave me a copy of what the ford tech gave him and it said that the FICM tested bad, once that was replaced, the the injectors would be re-evaluated. i missunderstood the guy at work. apparently they tested for cracked injector cups and they didn't see anything wrong with those, so the next thing was lift the heads and check those out.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
It was a good Idea to warn Folks about it God knows some poor soul will probably endup on FTE Looking for answers since they just picked that truck up

To me it looks like the previous owner Ran this truck into the GROUND and Sold it!!!

We all know that this 6.0L can go downhill fast if not Maintained on a Fairly strict schedule

I do have a Feeling this truck needed probably most that work but Not ALL
The Injectors are Definatly a 2000.00$$ BUST

#1 had Fuel in the Coolant so thats atleast 1 Head and Very High Chance its the Injector cups there problem is that they tested the Fuel rail after the truck had been Driven that day. I am thinking the truck got hot and the Inject cup seals when HOT and only leaks that first bit when its cold and warming up he Put 600 miles on it before he noticed

#2 Had bad cold starts
The cold starts were also horrific
Well this^^ very common to be FICM

#3 the Injectors were Good once a New FICM was installed problem solved

#4 the Oil Cooler well that is a Common issue on these trucks Im shure the Coolant had never been changed or flushed Im thinking 51/49 chance it could go either way good or Bad with 51% going to the Bad side Due to previous owner neglect

#5 with the fuel in the Cooling system I think thats a Great Idea to change All the Hoses especialy if I just bought the truck I know if oil gets in there its Highly recomended Fuel is a Byproduct of Oil so

IDK how the shop came up with 10K BILL

Now the 10K Bill Seems High to me its almost like thtey took Each thing and Billed it out Like it was a Single Item Repair to hit the 10K Mark It does Happen though this isnt the First 10K bill I have seen and the Newer Diesels Get even Higher

They could have cut him some slack on the Bill everyone Tech & Shop would still have made money

I would Really Like to see the Seller get stuck Fixing this and they should as I am shure they made a WheelBarrow Full of Money on whatever Auto they sold the Guy that tradded it

All I see that happened is the seller found out the truck needed a Bunch of Work and they Increased the Price 1K I wonder if they have any intention of repairs

Maybe I should call them money tell them I love it and see if its Ready to Roll If all this barley went down I dont see they had enough time to fix it yet

Quick Reply: 2006 6.0L WARNING!