6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

H&S Performance suspends production of all products

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,697 Likes on 2,350 Posts
Old 01-07-2013, 05:35 PM
B&LLandscaping
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
EPA has no jurisdiction in Canada so I don't think they can stop H&S from selling stuff to Canada. H&S likely has to provide a paper trail covering their buts to sell the delete tunes to actual non registered racing vehicles or non-US customers.
The EPA doesn't have jurisdiction, but there are laws in place in Canada regarding the removal/modification of OEM emissions equipment. They vary by province, but they are on the books. They're seldom if ever enforced here in AB, but in BC vehicles require a yearly inspection and emission are regulated.

I would think that H&S would have to be a little more careful about that kinda thing now, but maybe not.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:35 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,553 Likes on 1,107 Posts
DPF on tunes.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by senix
DPF on tunes.
yes...exactly. Nothing deleted, tuning a stock truck.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,553 Likes on 1,107 Posts
yes...exactly. Nothing deleted, tuning a stock truck.
I have been running a banks 6 gun on my 6.4 for many thousands of miles. carb certified. H and S now has to do the same.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 835 Likes on 156 Posts
Thanks Gavin, I am going to check a few things out before I spout off again......

NADP says, on the current tuners, you just select "high sulphur" instead of DPF off and do not need any special application or code etc. It is the same a DPF off but just sounds better (I guess). The new street tuners will require you to fill out the application for "high sulphur" or DPF off......

That's all I know right now

Thanks

Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
CountryD
Senior User
So after reading all this about the "new" tuners H&S offers, are they still able to sell the Complete Delete Tuners? Or has the EPA forced them to go with the DEF tuners?

I havent had the time to order my DEF delete Tuner yet, but am I wasting my time and money on a DEF Delete Tuner? Darren was talking about H&S isnt offering the downloads now? Is this all true?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

D it looks like I opened my mouth too soon as usual. I need to do a some more research but the way I see it now.....

If you have a current "delete" tuner H&S is still supporting and updating. Some changes in terninology like "high sulphur" instead of "DPF off".

The new street tuners are DPF on only unless you fill out and application for "high sulphur" then I woudl think you get some kind of code to unlock the DPF off capabilities.

As I get more information I will keep you posted.

Thanks

Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by CountryD
So after reading all this about the "new" tuners H&S offers, are they still able to sell the Complete Delete Tuners? Or has the EPA forced them to go with the DEF tuners?

I havent had the time to order my DEF delete Tuner yet, but am I wasting my time and money on a DEF Delete Tuner? Darren was talking about H&S isnt offering the downloads now? Is this all true?
Read the thread? No, H&S has stopped selling DPF delete tuners voluntarily (no doubt because of strong harassment by the EPA, but the EPA never shut them down). It appears that H&S is going to continue to offer DPF delete option, but is renaming them High Sulfur racing options and will require formalized proof in order to obtain them in the US. Form is likely to include proof of a non-registered vehicle and racing application. I'm speculating, but I don't think this affects Canadian customers, but they will likely still need to complete a form proving residency or something along those lines.

At some point you are going to need to make time to order an original MiniMaxx as they are really hard to find now and are getting more expensive.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 PM
CountryD
Senior User
Read the thread? No, H&S has stopped selling DPF delete tuners voluntarily (no doubt because of strong harassment by the EPA, but the EPA never shut them down). It appears that H&S is going to continue to offer DPF delete option, but is renaming them High Sulfur racing options and will require formalized proof in order to obtain them in the US. Form is likely to include proof of a non-registered vehicle and racing application. I'm speculating, but I don't think this affects Canadian customers, but they will likely still need to complete a form proving residency or something along those lines.

At some point you are going to need to make time to order an original MiniMaxx as they are really hard to find now and are getting more expensive.
Thanks for the help Savage and Darren. You guys keep us NEWBIES up to date of everything TUNED. I was just concerned that if I get one, if I will be able to actually use it, or if I will be wasting time and money. Thats all. Was just worried about throwing $1700 away.

So, they will still offer downloads for DEF delete Tuners? Or will current Downloads on the DEF delete tuners work forever?

Sorry guys for the stupid questions, or lack of knowledge on the tuner subject as Im a NEWBIE. So, please, BE GENTLE.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
CountryD
Senior User
Originally Posted by darren32
D it looks like I opened my mouth too soon as usual. I need to do a some more research but the way I see it now.....

If you have a current "delete" tuner H&S is still supporting and updating. Some changes in terninology like "high sulphur" instead of "DPF off".

The new street tuners are DPF on only unless you fill out and application for "high sulphur" then I woudl think you get some kind of code to unlock the DPF off capabilities.

As I get more information I will keep you posted.

Thanks
Well, looks like Darren answered my questions. I hope they continue to update and help guys that currently have Delete tuners.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by CountryD
Well, looks like Darren answered my questions. I hope they continue to update and help guys that currently have Delete tuners.
Don't spend the 1700 on what I say but..... If you are going to want to delete it looks like the best thing to do is get a current mini maxx and everything you need now.

It looks like the "high sulphur" application for the street tuners is not going to be an easy thing (at this point). But I bet it gets a lot easier as time goes by

I have almost every TV for the black maxx and will keep them all.
I am going to get every TV for the minim maxx I can and keep them as well. The mini I have now is just for a backup for me but I want to be able to use it if I have to. That is why I posted when I mistakenly thought H&S latest update did not support DPF off tuning. I was wrong on this. It still supports DPF off tuning, it just calls it high sulphur. Sorry for the confusion.

Currently I am on black maxx TV 6.7.24 (4 behind the current version) and staying there indefinately. Everything is working perfectly.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
If I were a betting man, I'd say you will still be able to buy high sulfur rom (tunes) from a non-US based distributor when the heat dies down or rely on someone like Darren to have your back. Bottom line, keep back ups of your files redundantly. Don't allow your truck to be reflashed by Ford unless absolutely necessary. I don't see the guys that have current H&S MM's and BlackMax's getting stuck with paper weights ever. H&S just isn't that kind of company. Nothing they have ever done has suggested they would leave you stranded. I would expect more information to trickle out between now and the 21st of Jan.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
mini maxx lastes update.......

6.7.27 Jan. 6, 2013 – Firmware 1023, DPF delete modified to High Sulfur text, Log files added, Auto detect firmware update added, SD card communications updated, Stock files removed from basic download to increase update speeds, Power level names changed – Stock, Tow, Street, Performance

WTF does this mean??
If you update your mini you can't use it for DPF off anyomre???
I have all the black maxx files but went to update my spare mini SD card and saw this.

Guess I will need to get an older version of the software somewhere.... Andrew, buddy, I will send you soem cash

I will call NADP and see what they say

Thanks

I have .19 on my card. I can send you a copy no problem.

I saw no reason to update any further unless you wanted the low boost fueling thing. I like the smoke and stayed at .19

Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
double post

Quick Reply: H&S Performance suspends production of all products