6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

H&S Performance suspends production of all products

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,635 Likes on 743 Posts
Originally Posted by displacement4me
Is it possible that buying a tuner right now without this new emission limit would stay a non emission unit with the updates after January 21? The before and after tuners should be the same, just the software on it different? Which may mean buying a tuner now and then never update it?
What happens if Ford changes something on the truck that requires H&S to tweek their programing. Since they are no longer developing new software for the delete units. Would you be SOL?

I'm not sure buying a unit now and hoping it runs on new trucks is a sure fire decision.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 835 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
What happens if Ford changes something on the truck that requires H&S to tweek their programing. Since they are no longer developing new software for the delete units. Would you be SOL?

I'm not sure buying a unit now and hoping it runs on new trucks is a sure fire decision.
Ya good point. Some ford re flashes required H&S to make adjustments. It would all depend on what Ford changed I guess. Maybe if you are buying a tuner for a future truck you need to buy the ECM for the truck now too

Old 01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
Ya good point. Some ford re flashes required H&S to make adjustments. It would all depend on what Ford changed I guess. Maybe if you are buying a tuner for a future truck you need to buy the ECM for the truck now too
I guess that means no more reflashes from Ford for me.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by Tomahawk
I guess that means no more reflashes from Ford for me.
Yes sir put a lock on that OBDII port.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Hdslider
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me ask. But in the past. If you went in to buy a pcm/ecm. You had to give them yours and then it would get sent back to ford for them to install correct miles on truck then send it back. Now im not sure how they do it today. Maybe let tech do it with ids. Or maybe body module would store it. As well as intrement cluster. Darren do you remember how they done it on yours, when they replaced yours at the dealer.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 AM
zonedar
Junior User

So before the H&S announcement were you guys restoring to stock before getting new flash updates, have dealers who are willing to look the other way, or saying f... the warranty.

Just curious.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,697 Likes on 2,350 Posts
When they did mine, it was reprogrammed at the dealership with an authorization code from FordMoCo. I had all replaced at the same time though as the electrical failure pretty much took out everything that had wires.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Hdslider
Postmaster
So then if you tried to buy one outright, you would br screwed. Because dealer would still have to program everything into new Pcm.Vin.mileage etc.on and on.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by Hdslider
Let me ask. But in the past. If you went in to buy a pcm/ecm. You had to give them yours and then it would get sent back to ford for them to install correct miles on truck then send it back. Now im not sure how they do it today. Maybe let tech do it with ids. Or maybe body module would store it. As well as intrement cluster. Darren do you remember how they done it on yours, when they replaced yours at the dealer.
Not sure Paul but they must have done it at the dealer. It only took 2 days. Savage has got it as far as I know.

Originally Posted by zonedar
So before the H&S announcement were you guys restoring to stock before getting new flash updates, have dealers who are willing to look the other way, or saying f... the warranty.

Just curious.
I have never returned to stock. I have taken my truck to the dealer tuned many times and I said f the warranty at 5,000 kM. My dealer has been pretty good with warranty on non engine related stuff so far.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
That's what scares me, going in to a dealer for some innocuous issue and they have to do a reflash.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by Hdslider
So then if you tried to buy one outright, you would br screwed. Because dealer would still have to program everything into new Pcm.Vin.mileage etc.on and on.
I think that is correct. It would not work. That's why I put a after "buy an ECM for a future truck"

Have a good day Paul

Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

That's what scares me, going in to a dealer for some innocuous issue and they have to do a reflash.
Yes, like when I took my truck in for the battery light and told them NOT to flash it. Then they called and said my truck is dead in their bay. I said "I told you not to flash it". They said "we had to flash it cuz we put a new ECM in it"

Anyway they were good and le me re program the ECM in their bay. The tech was pretty interested in it and wanted to lear how it all worked.

FYI, if you return to stock withou DPF EGR cooler etc the truck starts and runs for about 3 second then it is totally dead. Will not even turn over. I could not even could the number of CEL codes on the screen.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,697 Likes on 2,350 Posts
I don't see how they would have to do a flash for an innocuous issue. I'd be clear you want to be notified before your truck is flashed and tell them why. No service tech is going to want a dead truck in their service bay. They'll work with you if you talk to them before hand. It's when they flash it as a precaution to help and don't realize they have just caused an issue.

The other factor that I think deserves to be taken into consideration...H&S's reputation. The EPA is watching them. They wil lnever admit to doing anything publicly, but I'd have to think if one of their products caused an issue with your truck, they will do everything in their power to get the issue resolved. You just need to use a little common sense and contact them properly and discreetly. Go whining on a forum and see how fast you get ignored...

Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Yes, like when I took my truck in for the battery light and told them NOT to flash it. Then they called and said my truck is dead in their bay. I said "I told you not to flash it". They said "we had to flash it cuz we put a new ECM in it"

Anyway they were good and le me re program the ECM in their bay. The tech was pretty interested in it and wanted to lear how it all worked.

FYI, if you return to stock withou DPF EGR cooler etc the truck starts and runs for about 3 second then it is totally dead. Will not even turn over. I could not even could the number of CEL codes on the screen.
That's good to know. ^^^^^

Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

mini maxx lastes update.......

6.7.27 Jan. 6, 2013 – Firmware 1023, DPF delete modified to High Sulfur text, Log files added, Auto detect firmware update added, SD card communications updated, Stock files removed from basic download to increase update speeds, Power level names changed – Stock, Tow, Street, Performance

WTF does this mean??
If you update your mini you can't use it for DPF off anyomre???
I have all the black maxx files but went to update my spare mini SD card and saw this.

Guess I will need to get an older version of the software somewhere.... Andrew, buddy, I will send you soem cash

I will call NADP and see what they say

Thanks

Quick Reply: H&S Performance suspends production of all products