1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Adjustable pedal fix!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
rvbuilder2002
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Curless
Here's the thing, I need about 35 orders to make it worth the time. I am pleased that you are interested, now if we can get others on board we can get it going. I can make one...you would not like the price though. Even if we can get 10 to order I can come up with pricing for that as well. But less than that would not be very nice!
Ok, your post was a bit confusing.
I thought you were looking to market this part... You were asking moderators if it was ok.
I have an interest in the part, but I have no interest in doing your marketing for you.
My suggestion would be to put together a small web site or Ebay store offering the part(s) with a safe means of payment (paypal) and begin to spred the word.

In the mean time, post in this thread if you get some arrangement together... and you can count me as a customer.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 AM
alwaysfords41
Posting Guru
It is part of the leap of faith business owners need to go through. You are going to need to put up some cash to make some cash. I can't imagine it will be fun to take pre-orders, then try to track down all the people when the product arrives, and I can't imagine a lot of people wanting to wait around for 34 other people to pony up (rvbuilder is an exception)

Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Curless
Senior User
Originally Posted by rvbuilder2002
I thought you were looking to market this part... You were asking moderators if it was ok.
I have an interest in the part, but I have no interest in doing your marketing for you.
My suggestion would be to put together a small web site or Ebay store offering the part(s) with a safe means of payment (paypal) and begin to spred the word.

In the mean time, post in this thread if you get some arrangement together... and you can count me as a customer.

Sorry about the confusion on this. I, in no way wish to push my marketing off on any one else. The way I did the other gear was to put it out there, get a list started of those who were interested, once we hit 35 people on the list, I asked them for a paypal payment. I guaranteed delivery within two weeks. With paypal you have a way to get your money back if I do not come through as well. I made the first gear and had it in my car to prove that it worked.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments and thanks for saying you'd be a customer, I hope this cleared up any confusion.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Curless
Senior User
Originally Posted by alwaysfords41
It is part of the leap of faith business owners need to go through. You are going to need to put up some cash to make some cash. I can't imagine it will be fun to take pre-orders, then try to track down all the people when the product arrives, and I can't imagine a lot of people wanting to wait around for 34 other people to pony up (rvbuilder is an exception)

I have no issue putting the money into getting things rolling, the only issue I have is lack of interest. If two or three people are the only ones interested it really makes no sense investing the time or money to get it done. Yes, taking preorders can be difficult but I have done it before. Really the only thing I want is a list of those interested. If the interest is there the demand will be in the end. The Marauder group was constantly complaining about this issue so it made perfect sense to move forward.

If I can offer a true fix and people are interested we both win.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 AM
D-Cell_Mekanick
Junior User
Originally Posted by rvbuilder2002

+1^.

I have no issue putting the money into getting things rolling, the only issue I have is lack of interest. If two or three people are the only ones interested it really makes no sense investing the time or money to get it done. Yes, taking preorders can be difficult but I have done it before. Really the only thing I want is a list of those interested. If the interest is there the demand will be in the end. The Marauder group was constantly complaining about this issue so it made perfect sense to move forward.

If I can offer a true fix and people are interested we both win.
I'm a bit confused also. You say the gear for the 2003 Expedition brake pedal assembly is the same as the one for the Maurder, correct? I have an 2003 Expedition that needs a new gear. Do you already have that gear produced for the Maurder group? If so, I'd buy one. How about a link to the Maureder sale page, that might help ease the minds of people that are in doubt.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM
D-Cell_Mekanick
Junior User
Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Curless
Senior User
Originally Posted by D-Cell_Mekanick
+1^.

I'm a bit confused also. You say the gear for the 2003 Expedition brake pedal assembly is the same as the one for the Maurder, correct? I have an 2003 Expedition that needs a new gear. Do you already have that gear produced for the Maurder group? If so, I'd buy one. How about a link to the Maureder sale page, that might help ease the minds of people that are in doubt.
I thought the gear was the same, its not...the acme thread in the center is different.

Here is a link to the threads pertaining to the MM/CV/GM fix:

Adjustable pedal fix! - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Official Group buy for adjustable pedal fix - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Pedal Repair Second group buy - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 AM
D-Cell_Mekanick
Junior User
I thought the gear was the same, its not...the acme thread in the center is different.

Here is a link to the threads pertaining to the MM/CV/GM fix:

Adjustable pedal fix! - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Official Group buy for adjustable pedal fix - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Pedal Repair Second group buy - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

MercuryMarauder.net Forums
What happen to this:

Adjustable pedal fix! View Single Post
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM

Curless
Supporting Member

Trader: (2)
Post Feedback
So in case you did not see my latest post about today....the pedal repair gear also fits July of 02 till Dec 03 Navigator and Expeditions as well! I bought an assembly today and tore it apart, SAME GEAR! Ford gave me the dates, I need to find pedals from other years to see what the difference is (mounting / brackets) or if its really completely different.
#2941 300A

THE URGE TO MODIFY MY MARAUDER IS BECOMING HARD TO IGNORE...

Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Curless
Senior User
Originally Posted by D-Cell_Mekanick
What happen to this:

Adjustable pedal fix! View Single Post
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM

Curless
Supporting Member

Trader: (2)
Post Feedback
So in case you did not see my latest post about today....the pedal repair gear also fits July of 02 till Dec 03 Navigator and Expeditions as well! I bought an assembly today and tore it apart, SAME GEAR! Ford gave me the dates, I need to find pedals from other years to see what the difference is (mounting / brackets) or if its really completely different.
#2941 300A

THE URGE TO MODIFY MY MARAUDER IS BECOMING HARD TO IGNORE...

They looked exactly the same, when I tried to put the MM gear on the shaft of the Nav / Expy it would not thread on. Took both assemblies over to the machine shop and the Expy / Nav gear has a different acme thread inside. Its not a standard acme thread that we can buy a tap for either...its a 12 count instead of a 10 count, it will require a custom made tap.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Curless
Senior User
Thanks for pointing out that I had not edited my post on MM about the expy / nav gear being the same.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM
D-Cell_Mekanick
Junior User
They looked exactly the same, when I tried to put the MM gear on the shaft of the Nav / Expy it would not thread on. Took both assemblies over to the machine shop and the Expy / Nav gear has a different acme thread inside. Its not a standard acme thread that we can buy a tap for either...its a 12 count instead of a 10 count, it will require a custom made tap.
So everything else is the same except the tread count. If so you should be able to make these cheaper than the one for the Maurder then, since all the measuring is already done? Will you still need a group buy of 35 at $75 each? I'm interested, just don't want to wait forever for one to end up on my doorstep. Also I'm having trouble seeing the picture you posted of the gear, could you please post up one for us to see here? And maybe the instructions too.

Thanks
Jason

Old 11-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Curless
Senior User
I would love to put a picture up...don't know how on here.

As for the cost, it is what it is.

If I am to produce this yes, I need a group buy. There is not enough money in making one or two to even think about doing it.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM
D-Cell_Mekanick
Junior User
I would love to put a picture up...don't know how on here.

As for the cost, it is what it is.

If I am to produce this yes, I need a group buy. There is not enough money in making one or two to even think about doing it.
Well, put me down for one when ever you start the group buy.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Deadstick 8409
New User
This is the sort of thing that would be a constant trickle in type of business I would think. It would not cost too much to set up a simple web page, and sell them. A solid inventory, and when some one posts on here "Hey my pedals..." ,people would direct them to your page.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 PM
alwaysfords41
Posting Guru
He doesn't want to do solid inventory until he has solid customers. It's a catch 22.

Quick Reply: Adjustable pedal fix!