Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Old 02-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Black Helmet
Senior User
Black Helmet is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not in love with LED, went back to high-ish end Sylvania bulbs. Quite satisfied!

Old 02-13-2018, 11:10 PM
chrlsful
Postmaster
chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.
hd lghts

Originally Posted by BaronVonAutomatc View Post
Replaced the sealed beam headlamps with Hella housings and H4 bulbs

off the shelf? kit? spare prts, late Xmass?

Old 02-13-2018, 11:18 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
ZombieSlayer has a good reputation on FTE.ZombieSlayer has a good reputation on FTE.
I kicked it well a tire anyways just because it was there

Old 02-14-2018, 07:30 AM
Tim Hodgson
Posting Guru
Tim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to behold
Replaced the sealed beam headlamps with Hella housings and H4 bulbs
Would you provide a link to the Hella housings?

Old 02-14-2018, 04:20 PM
BaronVonAutomatc
Postmaster
BaronVonAutomatc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...7811/overview/

They make another kit that is DOT, apparently these are off-road only. Hella makes some 55w/100w and 90/130w off-road only bulbs too - although the popular wisdom is you need to ceramic plugs and power directly from the battery to avoid scorching the OEM switch/wiring.

She's destined for the deer lease, so I'll probably end up switching to some higher watt bulbs after I get it inspected.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:01 PM
Tim Hodgson
Posting Guru
Tim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to behold
Thank you!

Old 02-15-2018, 12:51 AM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
ZombieSlayer has a good reputation on FTE.ZombieSlayer has a good reputation on FTE.
Baron mind sharing a pic during the day and one when it's dark?

Old 02-15-2018, 09:57 AM
chrlsful
Postmaster
chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.
modern/bright hd lght upgrade

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...7811/overview/
They make another kit that is DOT, apparently these are off-road only. Hella makes some 55w/100w and 90/130w off-road only bulbs too - although the popular wisdom is you need to ceramic plugs and power directly from the battery to avoid scorching the OEM switch/wiring.
She's destined for the deer lease, so I'll probably end up switching to some higher watt bulbs after I get it inspected.
Mine's a lill older...will need 2 do alot more (relays, hd lght buckets, etc).
Thanks Baron!

Old 02-15-2018, 02:47 PM
McLeod
Posting Guru
McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.
Yepp, the original wiring in these old EB's will fry with that kind of power

Old 02-15-2018, 03:51 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.
Waxed it

Old 02-15-2018, 07:12 PM
BaronVonAutomatc
Postmaster
BaronVonAutomatc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hmmm, I don't have anywhere to host photos. The lights aren't like super bright compared to the old sealed beams, maybe 30-40% brighter, but it's a much cleaner, whiter light.

There are plug-and-play harnesses on Amazon for $30, so upgrading to super bright bulbs later is a lot cheaper than a decent (or even a crappy) LED light bar.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:23 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
MadMatt65 has a good reputation on FTE.MadMatt65 has a good reputation on FTE.MadMatt65 has a good reputation on FTE.
Where to start!! I had some small bubbles coming up into the radiator. One about every 5-6 seconds. Well.....it got worse to where it was bubbling constantly. So....I tore it all down to have the heads checked and do head gaskets.
In the tear down, I found the bolt in the upper intake (the one in the inside center) missing! I found two loose! I figure that's why I couldn't get my idle down. Had to order all the fuel injectors because 4 or 5 had broken or cracked hats on the nozzle end. One was missing all together! Good was to spend $500!!!
Got it just about all back together and found the upper bearing so bad in the distributor that the cage is touching the pickup! And it squeaks!!
Anyway, should be back together tomorrow!! Should run pretty good!!!

Old 02-16-2018, 06:40 PM
Black Helmet
Senior User
Black Helmet is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Confirmed the transmission line connection at the radiator is NO LONGER LEAKING!!

Old 02-17-2018, 09:52 PM
crtjester9
Freshman User
crtjester9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Went trail riding with some fellow bronco lovers. Pic #2 has vegas in the background

Old 02-18-2018, 02:55 AM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745
khadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant future
Last week I had about 6 hours of fun replacing rear break cylinders, shoes and bleeding all the brake lines.

I am not sure if I need to get the HCU bled out, the brakes are semi spongy. I plan to call around to find a shop that can

bleed the HCU. One shop said my truck was too old and they donʻt have the equipment to do the job.

The rear drums on these trucks are such a pain. Any way that is what I did last week.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.