Old 09-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 09-16-2016, 06:50 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been chasing an off-idle miss hesitation too. Now I'm thinking I may have found another problem that may or may not be related. Got caught in some heavy morning traffic the other day, and noticed the temp was slowly creeping up. Checked the coolant and it was full, but noticed bubbles popping up about every 5-10 seconds or so. Did the chemical combustion leak test. (didn't work too well) Every time I hooked up the vacuum, it would pull coolant into the test tube even after lowering the coolant level. One time, I put it on the radiator (with no vacuum) and it was just bubbling away! And was turning yellow! (yellows bad!)
Pretty sure I've got a popped head gasket. Gonna do a compression test just to make sure, but I can see head gaskets and rebuilt heads in my future!!

Old 09-17-2016, 03:08 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Hey, check my thread again Matt, I added a link with some great info on chasing these things, just some food for thought.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:02 PM
parkercouple
Freshman User
Seats

Here is what I did to my Ol Red Donkey today. I got these seats from the Good Guys Car show. The guys are out of Phoenix. They are New seats pulled out of the back of a Chrysler Town and Country. Leather with red stitching. I wasn't sure how they would work, but turns out they mounted to my trucks seat frames. So I still have the passenger seat that flips forward except now you can adjust the position of the seat. They also fold flat. Which I think comes in handy.
Please excuse the mess.

Attached Images    
Old 09-22-2016, 10:34 PM
Bruners4
Elder User
Working on getting the rear interior and carpets out to clean it up, replace the speakers, apply some rust proofing, and reseal the top. Also put in a new tailgate latch as the old one had all of the return springs broken. Lubed everything up inside the tailgate while I was in there.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:18 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not today but on Thursday I picked up my son from school and brought him home and took him into the garage. I put him on the middle of the front seat and climbed into the driver seat next to him.
I hit the key and after one pump of the accelerator the 460 started right up on open headers in my garage!!!
It is the first time the 460 in my Bronco has been started since I got the engine and installed it in the Bronco 5 years ago! One step closer to driving status.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Well, the items arrived last Thursday to my courier in Miami and the shipment was sent on Friday, the ETA for my computer parts and distributor is next Wednesday, so yay! Already starting doing some extra work, I'm replacing my thermostat, managed to open it without any major problems, no broken bolts or anything, even though the working space was terrible and barely managed with one of the bolts barely having the clearance to come out, removed the thermostat housing just to find I haven't had one in there for 10 years (stupid hacks!)... That can't be good for my engine, and the gasket was a mess to remove. Now I'll get new bolts for good measure and finish everything this Wednesday through Sunday, I'm definitely eager to have my truck back in working order...

Old 10-04-2016, 09:28 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well on Saturday I rolled the Bronco out of the garage under its own power for the first time ever. On Sunday I bled the brakes and installed the 40" tall tires. On Monday I found out the front tires hit the fender when turning. Today I installed a 3" body lift.
Name:  image_zpssoyrfsdi.jpeg
Views: 112
Size:  260.1 KB

Old 10-06-2016, 11:45 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
I finally started work on a new hood for my 78 Bronco. I'm adding a functional Cobra Jet scoop off a Mustang - it has slots in the back for turn signals so I need to buy those as well. I'm thinking it will be pretty slick when I'm done.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:15 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Well, the new distributor did nothing for me, so definitely not the cause. I decided since I'm doing a complete overhaul trying to fix this, I would take the injectors out to have them serviced/rebuilt.

This is how that went down: I managed to take the intake off, the T30 bolt in the middle was the only one giving trouble until I figured the intake has an access hole in the middle. Upon removing the intake I found the PCV to be quite dirty, I tried remove it from the hose to clean it... the tip inside the hose broke off. after that, I removed the injectors for the cylinders 1-4, 2/4 injector caps fell inside... sigh... On the bright side, it only took me 3 hours to get this far, even without previous knowledge on how to do this, and I've take some pics of the vac lines for later reference. When I continue working I'll take the rest of the injectors and try to fish the caps, otherwise I'll just burn them off once the engine is back in working order.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:18 PM
Bruners4
Elder User
Have the rear interior back in after pulling it all out. Top has been resealed to stop the water from running in and soaking the carpet & padding. Cleaned up all of the interiors' panels before adding Hush-Mat. Shampooed and power washed all of the removed carpet. Boy does it smell good now! Inside of panels were sprayed with a rust proofing material. Repaired the driver's side stock running board support that had some rust damage. Undercarriage has POR-15 on everything to help prevent any rust from starting. Added a set of overload leafs from a '95 EB F150 that I found at the U-pull-it to level it out. After it was all done, it looks just the same. Just more resistant to future rust attacks.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
On the bright side: I found out I have the good injectors (orange-4 holes). They're all out now, and ready to be serviced.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:33 PM
Berardini2121
Freshman User
Where to Start? This week I have done

Por-15 the frame,wheel wells, undercarriage (excluding plastic) put all new suspension on front and rear, did front brakes, vacuumed, drove 1000+ miles, looked at my fancy Mercedes when I pulled into my garage and wondered why I even own it. Had my super hot girlfriend help me with the por-15. Spilled por-15 all over my leg and didn't realize it and now that ***** is stuck there for a while. Got a quote to get my patch panels that came in the mail welded in for the wheel archs because I am too much of a pus** to do myself
This weekend will be changing valve cover gaskets and passenger side exhaust manifold hopefully. At the rate I am going I will need an Obama phone soon

After

before

Notice the rot above wheel on rear, qoute was 350$ to cut out and weld in new panels. I bought panels off ebay for 70$ I believe.

looking fresh

enjoying this beautiful weather

that por-15 does wonders. Do not get on skin will never come off!

Old 10-28-2016, 08:32 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not my bronco, but helped my buddy with his needy 400.

Mines sitting pretty!

Old 10-29-2016, 12:38 AM
blackjack33
Senior User
Ouch!

Bet that made a hell of a racket.

Originally Posted by mountain dewd

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?