Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 11:14 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
I pulled an axle on my 78 Bronco and changed out the fluid. I was going to pull both axles and the center section, but after the first axle found out the 78 uses the tapered roller bearings and a different seal than the ball bearing 9" my 77 Bronco used. You cannot replace the seals on the tapered bearing axles without removing the bearings. I'll wait until I get a locker and steeper gears before I change them out.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:07 AM
86Bullnose250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Recently acquired this 1978 bronco, it has been sitting along time so I am giving it new life.. today I started on removing the rusty floor pans.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:47 AM
mpqualdie
Junior User
Finishing Up

I have been doing a lot of the final detail work on my 86 restoration. Had it towed to town and had the dual exhaust installed on it last week. Needed to drive it 1/4 mile to the front end alignment shop but didn't make it because it over heated. So I had it towed back home. Replaced the brand new thermostat with another new one so we'll see how it goes with that. I installed the seats and am starting to install the ac system.

so we'll see how it goes with that. I installed the seats and am starting to install the ac system.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:15 PM
evan_nugget
Laughing Gas
Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts
The usual 8th gen maintenance:

Door motor plastic broke and we lost the window for a bit.

The same with the rear glass motor - fixed that only to discover we didn't have power to the motor anymore! But more on that later......

Old 07-21-2019, 02:38 PM
One eyed Jumpin Jack
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mpqualdie
I have been doing a lot of the final detail work on my 86 restoration. Had it towed to town and had the dual exhaust installed on it last week. Needed to drive it 1/4 mile to the front end alignment shop but didn't make it because it over heated. So I had it towed back home. Replaced the brand new thermostat with another new one so we'll see how it goes with that. I installed the seats and am starting to install the ac system.

so we'll see how it goes with that. I installed the seats and am starting to install the ac system.
That is the prettiest color on earth.
One day, I'm gonna 2 tone my Bronco with a similar blue and a med dark grey stripe.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:44 PM
BaronVonAutomatc
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Prepped the cargo area, put down two coats of Rust Bullet then a roll-on bedliner last weekend. Picked up some .063 sheet aluminum to fab new side panels for the cargo area this week. Removed the seat, shifters, etc. from the passenger area today to prep for Rust Bullet and bedliner. Also removed all the wiper hardware from the cowl area so I can patch a couple of holes then Rust Bullet and topcoat.

I found someone parting out a Bronco that I'll be plundering for some interior trim pieces and hopefully the rear bumper mounts. I'm getting the truck ready for life on the deer lease and want to use a set of factory bumper mounts to fab a square tube bumper in which there will be a bumper mounted game hoist stored. Gotta find another Bronco, F150, etc. 1988+ that has a cowl with the wee holes vs. the one with slots I took off that collects leaves which turn to mulch and make rust holes that leak into the cab area.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:16 PM
BaronVonAutomatc
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The passenger area is finally ready for new vinyl flooring - rust bullet, bedliner, and since I had a bunch of it sitting around, sound deadening. After ten years of no interior I'mma be rolling in quiet comfort like a Caddilac around the lease.

The cardboard side panels in the rear were totally ratty so I cut some 16ga. aluminum replacements. They're now primered along with all the interior plastic, I'll roll bedliner on it all this week and will finally be able to reinstall all the weatherstripping and interior.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:12 AM
Black Helmet
Senior User
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Picked back up on the rear axle project. So far bearings, seals and now driver side rear brakes are done.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:27 AM
fordtrck302
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear Axle Rebuild

Not long ago I finished rebuilding my rear end. The center pin had become extremely worn. No clue how that happens, but there was significant play in my drive line. I didn't know the center pin was the cause until I tore it down. I rebuilt it with 4.10 gears and installed a Track-Lok limited slip.

Shavings from the center pin no doubt

New pin on the left. Yikes

Rebuilt and ready to go in.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:47 PM
Black Helmet
Senior User
Finished brakes. They feel different, less grabby and the pedal isn’t as "hard" but no leaks, well bled so I dunno. I was driving around on less than stellar and oil soaked brakes for quite a while so who knows. It stops and doesn’t seem to be dragging so I’ll take it!

Old 01-25-2020, 06:20 PM
Greedyb
New User
Been a long time coming..... almost home

BDS 4" lift w/Extended radius arms and replacement rear springs, new steering components up front for lifted trucks from JBG, Kooks long tubes with a custom exhaust coming behind it, Dick Cepek 35" Trail Country on 17 " American Racing polished Baja's. Going to need a new radiator support, brakes and whatever the motor needs to run strong. Seat covers, complete carpet kit with embroidered "Bronco" floor mats, replacement headliner and KCHILTE 50" light bar 6 light kit waiting until she comes home. Dying to put some dirt on it.

​​​​​

Last edited by Greedyb; 01-25-2020 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Add mods
Old 01-25-2020, 07:26 PM
Greedyb
New User
What's waiting

Old 02-01-2020, 06:47 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn’t do anything to my bronco, but I did buy an extra one today. My kids are 5,4 and 19 months but they love my bronco and going camping with me. I’m going to be buying each of them a bronco and restore it to give to them when they get their license. This one is a 1995 with a 5.8, automatic, 200k miles and runs great. The interior looks like new except the headliner is sagging in a spot or two. It will need quarter panels and a paint job, but I think it will make a nice project for me and my oldest boy. Now I need a red one for my middle boy and a few years for my girl to decide what color she wants lol.

Old 02-02-2020, 03:15 PM
Black Helmet
Senior User
Still troubleshooting the fuel pump issue. Pump may be bad, but also got some electrical problems to go along with it!

Old 02-17-2020, 11:24 PM
Black Helmet
Senior User
Fuel pump problem fixed, and new cap/rotor/plugs/wires today. Wires original from 1996.....

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?