Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 02:14 PM
fordtrck302
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Over the past few weeks....All new Poly Sway bar bushings front and rear, poly radius arms bushings, Poly Axle pivot bushings, Rancho Shocks, new 33x12.50R15 Cooper Discover AT's, Edelbrock intake and Edlebrock 1406. Plent of work to get it back on the road but man it is so incredible how much better it drives. Also removed the glasspack and just strait piped.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:07 PM
thomasstemmle
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drained tranny and torque converter. New tranny filter and clip. cleaned out and replaced pan. Old grimey tranny fluid, who knows when it was last changed.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Brett73-79
Freshman User
Removed plow mount assembly

Old 05-21-2017, 08:15 AM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Ordered urethane pivot bushings and radius bushings from Bronco Graveyard. Gonna order the upper and lower ball joints from RockAuto. They have "good" ones made by Yukon Gear. (even though they are listed as US Gear)......just saying!
Did my bosses 95 F150 4x4 last week.....wasn't too bad. Figured I'd do the Bronco!

Old 05-23-2017, 05:17 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User

Bronco seats!!
Got my bosses bed for his 95 F150 and seats for my Bronco!! A good bed for $800 and seats cost me $50 a piece for the front buckets and $120 for the rear bench!!

Old 06-20-2017, 10:20 PM
grumpin
Senior User
Heater core bypass

I did this heater core bypass mod. today.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ooler-a-c.html

Changed the coolant while I was at it.

I plumbed it into the Max A/C as the original poster did. I bought a vacuum valve which I think I will install at a later date. Then I can use it whenever I want. Like those days where you don't need A/C but the vents are warm.

Also found a vacuum leak on my Max A/C line.

It was hot today, but fun to do. Changed the A/C compressor, condenser and receiver/dryer on my wife's 98 Suburban last Saturday, made this seem nice and easy!

Old 06-20-2017, 10:31 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by grumpin
I did this heater core bypass mod. today.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ooler-a-c.html

Changed the coolant while I was at it.

I plumbed it into the Max A/C as the original poster did. I bought a vacuum valve which I think I will install at a later date. Then I can use it whenever I want. Like those days where you don't need A/C but the vents are warm.

Also found a vacuum leak on my Max A/C line.

It was hot today, but fun to do. Changed the A/C compressor, condenser and receiver/dryer on my wife's 98 Suburban last Saturday, made this seem nice and easy!
Yeah I still need to plumb something in so I can use vents with the bypass when I don't need AC! I'm still good with mine setup they way it is now though. I sure like the extra cooling of the AC especially now. Good thing was that this mod was directly compatible with my powerstroke swap too!

I will say, I got in the habit of buying parts store valves. They seemed to leak after a year or less. I went out and bought a Motorcraft one and haven't has an issue since!

It is nice having my Bronco back up and running after the second 7.3 swap though. My Camaro's radiator fans don't work so I can't use the AC in it.... it was getting a little unbearable. Plus, my Bronco is way faster than it now with all the work done to the 7.3 in there.

I'm about to go tinker with the glow plug system though because I'm not sure if it's working correctly. Good thing I won't be needing it for about 6 months.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:25 PM
grumpin
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Yeah I still need to plumb something in so I can use vents with the bypass when I don't need AC! I'm still good with mine setup they way it is now though. I sure like the extra cooling of the AC especially now. Good thing was that this mod was directly compatible with my powerstroke swap too!

I will say, I got in the habit of buying parts store valves. They seemed to leak after a year or less. I went out and bought a Motorcraft one and haven't has an issue since!

It is nice having my Bronco back up and running after the second 7.3 swap though. My Camaro's radiator fans don't work so I can't use the AC in it.... it was getting a little unbearable. Plus, my Bronco is way faster than it now with all the work done to the 7.3 in there.

I'm about to go tinker with the glow plug system though because I'm not sure if it's working correctly. Good thing I won't be needing it for about 6 months.
Thanks for the post Bubba! Since I had replaced the coolant I switched to regular A/C to make sure the system was "bled". I noticed the difference. Definitely helps. Going to test it in CA and AZ in a couple of weeks.

Here is the valve I got. Thanks for the tip on the Motorcraft valve.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-11542-vus

Old 06-28-2017, 07:17 PM
black & blue 78/9
Laughing Gas
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Had fun

Earlier this month. Work was hectic and busy. So June 7th stopped at the local oil lube place and had the oil changed and everything greased. Then on June 9th, moma and me left Wy and drove to Mi.pulling a U-Haul 6x12 enclosed with tools and spares. Came home on the 16th. Round trip was just over 3100 miles.
Coming back, bronco loaded with Mama and me, daughter, grandson and Great Dane and stuff. Trailer CRAMMED PACK. One of the stops I weighed it. Truck 6220lbs and trailer 6360lbs plus I still needed 26 gallons of gas after scales.
From MI to Wyoming with this weight, head wind, and driving about 63-65mph I average 8.77 mpg.
Bronco did GREAT. Stock 351M with 149xxx and 33" tires.
That's why I drive old iron. Chris

Old 07-18-2017, 04:33 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Finally got tired of sweating to death in my Bronco! New evaporator, condenser, dryer and orifice tube. Cleaned out the evaporator housing.....full of leaves, sticks and stems. Drained and refilled the compressor with new PAG 46 oil.
Now blowing 46 degrees!!
Got a quick lesson in finding A/C parts for a 93 Bronco! 93 is the last year for the R12 system. Mine is converted to R134A. The evaporator is 93 ONLY! The condenser is 93 ONLY! NAPA lists the wrong condenser for a 93. My NAPA store also gave me the wrong evaporator, even though they list a different one for 93 and 94-97.
And I did use the orifice tube for a 94 Bronco since I'm converted to 134A.
So.....after a few trips to the auto parts stores, I'm blowing 46 degrees!
Not bad for a SW Florida Bronco!

Black death from a previous owner???

Old 07-21-2017, 01:53 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Played with A/C pressures a little today and got it blowing 40 degrees at the center vent! Not bad on a 94 degree day!

40 degrees at the center vent! 94 degrees outside!

Old 09-07-2017, 11:33 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Bummer

Heard a loud bang and the rear tires locked up briefly on the way home last Thursday. Seemed fine on Friday's drive to work. Leaving work Friday lots of banging and wheels locking up.

Found out why today, lost a few teeth in the gears in the rear end It looks like this was the probable cause of the thuds I was hearing on starts and stops judging by the wear and age of some of the teeth/broken teeth.

Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2017, 06:04 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Washed it.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:50 PM
walter white
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MadMatt65

Bronco seats!!
Got my bosses bed for his 95 F150 and seats for my Bronco!! A good bed for $800 and seats cost me $50 a piece for the front buckets and $120 for the rear bench!!
those look great.
what did they come out of?
i need to upgrade my 79 seats

Old 09-14-2017, 08:20 PM
MadMatt65
Senior User
Originally Posted by walter white
those look great.
what did they come out of?
i need to upgrade my 79 seats
Sorry for the slow reply. Been without power and phones since the hurricane rolled thru here! The seats came out of a 90's plain jane Bronco. Definitely not as much padding as my XLT seats! Gonna keep them in there till I get my seats redone. For the money, they were a good buy!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?