6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 04:58 PM
EDC8008
Fleet Mechanic
Received 374 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor Roy
Isn't it nice to be sooooo indispensable....
Yeah Right!!!

Boss is telling me he wants me now to go manage overhauls on 2 different components, a booster/compressor and a low pressure power turbine in 2 separate sections in the same shop, one crew of nonunion on one part and one crew of union guys on the other at the same time. NOT FUN!!!!!

Then he goes and drags me into a troubleshooting job on a generator in Trinidad of all places, I am not a sparktrician and don't do a lot of controls.

At least for now no off shore stuff.

The following 4 users liked this post by EDC8008:
Old 04-26-2024, 05:20 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,667 Likes on 1,656 Posts
Originally Posted by BowtieConvert
not good! Gone to get a new one.
????? I thought you have one of those high dollar automatic super particle separators!

My filter after two years with my free pre- filter.

And you know that I put miles on my machine.

The following 3 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 04-26-2024, 06:53 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,596 Likes on 737 Posts
Steve, Looks like a great trip. I spend a many a weekend wandering around St George area in the winter months. I avoid the ATV trails and do the horse trails. But the scenery is still pretty much the same.

I detatched my Bicep on Monday. Spent a few hours in ER monday night and then into Orthopedic Surgeon on Tuesday. He was pretty sure that I'll need surgery to re-attach it, But has to wait for a MRI. Which was scheduled for May1st. I was a little put off that MRIs are that backed up. Called the doc and complained that I didn't want to wait 10 days to get repairs to my arm started. He agreed and suggested I try another MRI spot. Called second company and they were booking for May 2nd. After I hung up, I recall hearing the scheduler comment that she had to wait 5 days for Insurance Approval. So I called a third place and just asked to pay cash instead of insurance and got schedule for that afternoon. So I went in and paid $500 and got the MRI and reschedule a follow up visit with Orthopedic. I don't know how to read a MRI, so I have to wait till Tuesday for my follow up with doctor. But I can say, being my first MRI, I'm not looking forward to doing that again. Technician said, This will take about 15 minutes, You want some head phones with music? Sure that sounds nice. She had the music cranked up really loud and I was thinking, She must think I'm deaf. Little did I know the MRI is really noisey and the music was cranked up to drown out the MRI. Plus the way they had me laying so they could zap my arm was very uncomfortable. Especially for 15 minutes of not moving.

I'm hoping it's not a bad tear. That it might heal with out surgery. Not looking forward to weeks in a corset and months of not using my arm. Which also means no horses. Nurse warned me, I don't want you picking up a jug of milk.
And my wife left for two weeks in Europe with her old girl friends she went to college and hung out with before we were married. So I get to batch it thru the injury.

I'm starting to feel like I have a lot of old rusty parts that are starting to break.

The following 5 users liked this post by Painted Horse:
Old 04-26-2024, 09:50 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,774 Likes on 1,154 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
Steve, Looks like a great trip. I spend a many a weekend wandering around St George area in the winter months. I avoid the ATV trails and do the horse trails. But the scenery is still pretty much the same.

I detatched my Bicep on Monday. Spent a few hours in ER monday night and then into Orthopedic Surgeon on Tuesday. He was pretty sure that I'll need surgery to re-attach it, But has to wait for a MRI. Which was scheduled for May1st. I was a little put off that MRIs are that backed up. Called the doc and complained that I didn't want to wait 10 days to get repairs to my arm started. He agreed and suggested I try another MRI spot. Called second company and they were booking for May 2nd. After I hung up, I recall hearing the scheduler comment that she had to wait 5 days for Insurance Approval. So I called a third place and just asked to pay cash instead of insurance and got schedule for that afternoon. So I went in and paid $500 and got the MRI and reschedule a follow up visit with Orthopedic. I don't know how to read a MRI, so I have to wait till Tuesday for my follow up with doctor. But I can say, being my first MRI, I'm not looking forward to doing that again. Technician said, This will take about 15 minutes, You want some head phones with music? Sure that sounds nice. She had the music cranked up really loud and I was thinking, She must think I'm deaf. Little did I know the MRI is really noisey and the music was cranked up to drown out the MRI. Plus the way they had me laying so they could zap my arm was very uncomfortable. Especially for 15 minutes of not moving.

I'm hoping it's not a bad tear. That it might heal with out surgery. Not looking forward to weeks in a corset and months of not using my arm. Which also means no horses. Nurse warned me, I don't want you picking up a jug of milk.
And my wife left for two weeks in Europe with her old girl friends she went to college and hung out with before we were married. So I get to batch it thru the injury.

I'm starting to feel like I have a lot of old rusty parts that are starting to break.
dang Jon you have to quit breaking yourself.

The following 5 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 04-26-2024, 11:03 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,678 Likes on 1,470 Posts
Bummer Jon, How in the world did you do that? I hope it is minor and will heal without surgery.

The following 6 users liked this post by Tim Young:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3 and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-27-2024, 09:21 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,043 Likes on 1,613 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Scheduled a fishing/camping trip in Montana for September 15-22. Meeting my fishing buddies up there. It's going to be EPIC! As long as we don't get an early snow.

Anyone in the area is welcome to show up.
Where ???

The following 3 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
Old 04-27-2024, 10:12 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Frosty morning in Minden NV.
even colder when we got to Markleville.

The following 7 users liked this post by helifixer:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, FishOnOne, fordmantpw, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-27-2024, 10:14 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
My view for the day, I am the loader operator.

The following 6 users liked this post by helifixer:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, FishOnOne, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-27-2024, 11:03 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,100 Likes on 1,264 Posts
Howdy All. Sorry to here about your bicep Jon. On the bright side, if your wife is as bossy as mine when it comes to nursing and supervising, perhaps her being on a trip might be a good thing? My wife is playing nurse to me right now. I'm not sure i'll be alive at the end of the 6 weeks. It's like the woman arries one of my fish scales around in her pocket and makes sure anything I touch or pick up weighs 8 pounds or less.! She's having way tooooooo much fun with this. Still another week before I can drive.

It's 30 frosty degrees and climbing but after a nice sunrise, the clouds are now starting to move in.
Came back up here to Bravo yesterday to relax and recuperate for 4 days and to quit staring at projects at Alpha I want to work on, but can't right now. Wouldn't you know it, it was almost too quiet, and I was wide awake before daylight. Tried to go back to sleep, but Demon Kitty decided that since I was awake, there was no reason to waste the day by going back to sleep. Managed to stave her off, but as it started to get daylight, we were done with bed.

So, I made a pot of coffee, and sat in a chair in front of our 2nd story bedroom window gazing out upon the front yard, meadow and river. I had the blind slats open, but hadn't pulled the blinds up. That wasn't satisfying Sthickly because she couldn't get to the windowsill. So, I pulled the blinds up which did satisfy Sthickly, AKA Demon Kitty and we sat there looking out the window. It was an interesting morning. Our visitors from after dark last night returned out of the riverside brush this morning. They were out here for a while last night and we caught them on the trail cameras, but it was too dark of a night to see anything with the naked eye. They joined a couple of mallards that were swimming on the pond and who apparently didn't appreciate the elk moving into the area. The ducks moved over to the river runoff channels putting a little distance between them. Our pair of 'Honker' friends made their noisy arrival just a few minutes later.

All in all, a very fine and relaxing start to the morning.

This was all natural. We haven't put out the feed stations or the mineral block for the salt lick yet. This is also the first time the elk have been out grazing in the meadow in the daylight while we've been here. They've been out in the daylight a number of times, but we haven't been here, and the trail or security camera's are the only reason we've know they were here in the daylight.

Duck moving out. Apparently the ducks thought the elk moving in was ruining the neighborhood.

She insisted I open the blinds so she could look out too.

It was like, 'WOW, what are those, but I'm more interested in the ducks!)

They moved over from the Pond area to the meadow by 'Lone Pine' and the river. Eventually they followed the river up stream to the 2nd bend and joined the rest of the heard that was grazing up there.

The following 9 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, hodjibran, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, ShelbyHauler, Tim Young and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-27-2024, 04:36 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,596 Likes on 737 Posts
Fun picture Jim. Lots of fun to watch the wild animals.
My wife left two demon cats for me to care for. Dang things can hear my breathing change in the night ( from deep sleep to just barely asleep) and they come bugging me to get up and let them out of the house.

The following 5 users liked this post by Painted Horse:
Old 04-28-2024, 12:42 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
My wife left two demon cats for me to care for. Dang things can hear my breathing change in the night ( from deep sleep to just barely asleep) and they come bugging me to get up and let them out of the house.
after the first time they woke me up I would let them out before I went to bed.

The following 5 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 04-28-2024, 12:45 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
If we don't finish seeding today we will only have a few loads left for tomorrow then drive back to Paso Robles.
I was able to listen to almost the entire sermon between loads this morning.

The following 4 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 04-28-2024, 12:51 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,100 Likes on 1,264 Posts
Howdy all. Got a call from the VA in Portland yesterday. Strange for a Saturday, but it appears that they have started working on more routine stuff on Saturdays. Earlier they set me up for a CT on the first Saturday in May for an Asbestosis-Toxic Chemical Lung Cancer Screening. That only got changed because I had that test done a week ago when they were doing a bunch of the other testing.
Any way, it appears there was another deep tissue (insert Greek and Latin names here) test / biopsy that had just come back. Thought I had all of the results, but apparently there was one more that wasn't back. It was good and no problems found.
Apparently, they are now going to test me for dementia as well. They set me up an appointment for March 26, 2025, putting me back on my annual cancer maintenance and checks. They are expecting me to remember 26 Mar 2025 at 0800 in the morning, a year from now.

3 of our 5 cats are inside only cats. Two of them were "very special" barn cats that we brought in from the horse barn before my sister sold the ranch out from under us. The third one, Lovey, we rescued from someone who was dumping it. Around where they were living before, it you wanted a pet cat, it had to stay inside. Otherwise it fell victim to the County Road, Hawks, Eagles, Coyotes, etc. So, they stay inside now. Demon Kitty goes outside for walks on a leash.
The two outside cats, Bobby and Charley knock on the front door and the kitchen door every once in a while, but are content outside and not allowed into the house. We have concerns that they would not play well with others.....

Outside Cat 1: Bobby at hot tub after scratching front door..

Outside Cat 2: Charley at Kitchen door.

The following 4 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 04-29-2024, 06:07 AM
Euroman
Senior User
Received 316 Likes on 110 Posts
Finally got the truck back after the compressor and clutch welded themselves together. All parts arrived fairly quickly, but then the hoses were leaking, and then one replacement hose got trashed by the freighter and had to be reordered, and each time the parts were flown over from the US. Also got the belt tensioner and idler replaced as they were on the way out, plus all the cooler fins were pretty much plugged up with sand. First pension payment didn’t last long 😩
Now we have a nice cool truck and I’ve done a couple of runs, Germany and back, moving horse food and furniture. Met up with my son in Germany at the weekend, he was doing a run at the Nurburgring, and then we visited a few places. The truck gets noticed wherever we go and people just walk up and start by chatting about it.

The following 8 users liked this post by Euroman:
BowtieConvert, djousma, ExxWhy, helifixer, HRTKD, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3 and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-29-2024, 07:42 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,221 Likes on 2,252 Posts
Happy Monday guys!

Jon, sorry to hear of the detached bicep! That sounds painful! Hope the surgery/recovery goes well!

We worked on the camper all weekend. I didn't take any pics, so none of it happened! Lots done though!

The following 2 users liked this post by SavageNFS:

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most