6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 09:42 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,616 Likes on 740 Posts
I have two daughters that run small business in California They have both struggled. The oldest runs a small restaurant in Long Beach. Been shut down most of the year. But around Thanksgiving she decided to defy the close orders and stay open Did the social distancing thing. Big space between tables etc. She just couldn't bear to lay off her employees when most of their unemployment had expired and Christmas was coming. The city cited her for staying open, Shut off her gas and really made life hard for her. She is not going thru the court system fighting her citations. It was OK for a Movie company to set up tents and feed their staff of people involved in making a movie, But unlawful to have a sit down restaurant open. She had some generous people give very generous tips. ( one couple gave her $10,000) Which she used to pay employees and keep them employed. She had business insurance that included lost of revenue. So she was covered. It was her employees that got hurt by being closed.

The other daughter runs a hair salon and had a rough first half of the year. Having to cut peoples hair in her back yard since the salon was locked up. Things opened up for her after Pelosi got caught sneeking off to her favorite salon.

Crazy business. got my first covid shot today, So moving forward hope we start to return to some kind of normal

Old 03-03-2021, 10:08 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,803 Likes on 1,513 Posts
Howdy guys,

Jon, I'm assuming your daughter's are doing ok now? Did the gas get turned back on at the restaurant?

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Hey GUYS.......

I just discovered Monty got a Promotion .......

He is now a Midwife.......

Beats being a wife!

Old 03-03-2021, 10:15 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,160 Likes on 567 Posts
Wife and I had a lovely day in our new woods today. Uppers 50's and sunny. In fact as I was packing up to head home, an insect decided to wake up and annoy me. Spring is in the air! Met with an excavating contractor for the driveway, the young guy was 68 and his sidekick is 87 and had been running an excavator all morning. Walked the 1500 ft through the woods no problem! Living right obviously!

Tough luck on the covid Monty, hopefully things will improve soon for you. Prayers for your recovery.

I truly wish everyone well who takes the vaccine, hope it works as advertised. It's truly a personal choice, at least for now. Please remember it is still a risk as it is a new vaccine using a technique (RNA modification) that has never been used before in humans and is being administered under an emergency authorization. Long term issues? Unknown, hopefully few and minor. As of today, CDC reports 966 people in the US have died after getting a covid shot. Not saying the shot killed em, but I am not believing every one was a coincidence either as some would like to tell us. I guess it all boils down to what you want to take your chances with, a disease that is 99.8%+ survivable for most non nursing home people, or an experimental vaccine developed and administered by our friends from big pharma with a big assist from our friends in the government being touted as perfect by our friends in the media. Pardon me for my skepticism.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:22 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,108 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Eric........ a G2G in your neighborhood.......

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post19762460

Old 03-04-2021, 12:29 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,195 Likes on 1,291 Posts
Evening all. I got my second vaccination on Feb. 18. I've been babbling and drooling a lot since the next day. Tried to blame it on the Covid Vaccine, but the Warden keeps reminding me that I've been doing that forever.

My brother in law (da idiot) brought Covid home and gave it to my sister, my 93 11/12 year old mother, my cousin who stopped by for coffee, 1 of the 2 caretakers my mother has. Mom came through it with flying color, not much more than cold symptoms. Sister had bad cold symptoms. BIL was in pretty rough shape, had a hard time keeping his SA02 above 86 and almost wound up in the hospital. All have recovered now and it's almost as if nothing happened....except for the BIL's attitude which needs a major adjustment.

Well, here's one for the books...The Demoncrats in Oregon want to ban the sale of diesel fuel in Oregon. I kid you not! They have introduced a bill which got a first reading and has been sent to the speakers desk for assignment to committee.

HB3305 2021 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System (oregonlegislature.gov)
Representative Karin Power (D), Milwaukie Oregon
81st OREGON LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY--2021 Regular Session House Bill 3305 Sponsored by Representative POWER SUMMARY The following summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject to consideration by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor’s brief statement of the essential features of the measure as introduced. Prohibits retail dealer, nonretail dealer or wholesale dealer from selling petroleum diesel for use in motor vehicle on or after specified dates. Requires public improvement contract to require that motor vehicles be powered by fuel other than petroleum diesel. Prohibits public body from using petroleum diesel in motor vehicle under control of public body.

In brief:
on or after the following dates, a nonretail dealer or retail dealer may not sell or offer for sale petroleum diesel to a consumer for use in a motor vehicle:

January 1, 2024, if the nonretail dealer is located in Clackamas, Washington or Multnomah County.
January 1, 2025, if the retail dealer is located in Clackamas, Washington.
January 1, 2027, if the nonretail dealer is located anywhere in this state.
January 1, 2028, if the retail dealer is located anywhere in this state.

Now I need to go get into my Snake Bite Medicine. The Acetaminophen is not having any effect on my bum right leg that is hurting like crazy nor my attitude tonight!

Old 03-04-2021, 12:40 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,108 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3
Evening all. I got my second vaccination on Feb. 18. I've been babbling and drooling a lot since the next day. Tried to blame it on the Covid Vaccine, but the Warden keeps reminding me that I've been doing that forever.

My brother in law (da idiot) brought Covid home and gave it to my sister, my 93 11/12 year old mother, my cousin who stopped by for coffee, 1 of the 2 caretakers my mother has. Mom came through it with flying color, not much more than cold symptoms. Sister had bad cold symptoms. BIL was in pretty rough shape, had a hard time keeping his SA02 above 86 and almost wound up in the hospital. All have recovered now and it's almost as if nothing happened....except for the BIL's attitude which needs a major adjustment.

Well, here's one for the books...The Demoncrats in Oregon want to ban the sale of diesel fuel in Oregon. I kid you not! They have introduced a bill which got a first reading and has been sent to the speakers desk for assignment to committee.

HB3305 2021 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System (oregonlegislature.gov)
Representative Karin Power (D), Milwaukie Oregon
81st OREGON LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY--2021 Regular Session House Bill 3305 Sponsored by Representative POWER SUMMARY The following summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject to consideration by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor’s brief statement of the essential features of the measure as introduced. Prohibits retail dealer, nonretail dealer or wholesale dealer from selling petroleum diesel for use in motor vehicle on or after specified dates. Requires public improvement contract to require that motor vehicles be powered by fuel other than petroleum diesel. Prohibits public body from using petroleum diesel in motor vehicle under control of public body.

In brief:
on or after the following dates, a nonretail dealer or retail dealer may not sell or offer for sale petroleum diesel to a consumer for use in a motor vehicle:

January 1, 2024, if the nonretail dealer is located in Clackamas, Washington or Multnomah County.
January 1, 2025, if the retail dealer is located in Clackamas, Washington.
January 1, 2027, if the nonretail dealer is located anywhere in this state.
January 1, 2028, if the retail dealer is located anywhere in this state.

Now I need to go get into my Snake Bite Medicine. The Acetaminophen is not having any effect on my bum right leg that is hurting like crazy nor my attitude tonight!

How in hell do these idiots think trucks are going to bring products in or out of the state ?
Rail Roads would have to pull out of the state too.......

Can people really be that stupid.......

Old 03-04-2021, 01:26 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,195 Likes on 1,291 Posts
How in hell do these idiots think trucks are going to bring products in or out of the state ?
Rail Roads would have to pull out of the state too.......

We're talking about that, log truck drivers are up in arms, school busses, transit districts, Rail Road company's, and I'm sure the coastal fisherman will be making an appearance right shortly. Personally, I do not see how this does not run afoul of the commerce clause.

Old 03-04-2021, 05:42 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,732 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Short answer..............YES! You do know that stupidity is a bottomless pit, don’t you? There is absolutely no limit on how stupid one can be.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:05 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,477 Likes on 2,305 Posts
Good morning guys!

I'm glad it's Thursday. That means tomorrow is Friday! I love Fridays! Although tomorrow Alec gets his wisdom teeth out and is going to have a rough weekend. He'll survive no doubt, but that first day is a tough one from what I recall.

My daughter interns at a hospital, so she has been vaccinated. She wanted the vaccine and leaves in Milwaukee. There is genuine fear of Covid all around her. Where I live, we see precautions, but there is little fear. At UW Madison, the fear is so over the top being force fed from the UW system and local politicians that many kids are distrustful of all information. UW Whitewater seems to be the most level headed. My point is 5 different areas within a 90 mile radius of where I live, there is a very different culture and attitude towards Covid. What that means is up to you, but I'm sure many of us can relate the scenario.

It appears that 4/5 wheels and tires might show up today. The 5th one must have gotten separated some how. I have family that works for UPS and I' sure that makes me a little bias against FedEx, but those guys seem to screw up every delivery I have with them. I looked up my history of deliveries with FedEx. 9 out of 10 deliveries have been late, lost and one was completely destroyed. Being late is the most often offense and I guess I should define "late". I don't mean when the shipper promises me the package. I mean late as in after FedEx receives the package and provides me with a shipping date. After they determine the date, they f@#k it up. @ FedEx. It's fine though as the springs show up from UPS tomorrow. The were shipped the same day from Arizona that my wheels and tires were from Ohio.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:11 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,732 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Good morning guys!

I'm glad it's Thursday. That means tomorrow is Friday! I love Fridays! Although tomorrow Alec gets his wisdom teeth out and is going to have a rough weekend. He'll survive no doubt, but that first day is a tough one from what I recall.

My daughter interns at a hospital, so she has been vaccinated. She wanted the vaccine and leaves in Milwaukee. There is genuine fear of Covid all around her. Where I live, we see precautions, but there is little fear. At UW Madison, the fear is so over the top being force fed from the UW system and local politicians that many kids are distrustful of all information. UW Whitewater seems to be the most level headed. My point is 5 different areas within a 90 mile radius of where I live, there is a very different culture and attitude towards Covid. What that means is up to you, but I'm sure many of us can relate the scenario.

It appears that 4/5 wheels and tires might show up today. The 5th one must have gotten separated some how. I have family that works for UPS and I' sure that makes me a little bias against FedEx, but those guys seem to screw up every delivery I have with them. I looked up my history of deliveries with FedEx. 9 out of 10 deliveries have been late, lost and one was completely destroyed. Being late is the most often offense and I guess I should define "late". I don't mean when the shipper promises me the package. I mean late as in after FedEx receives the package and provides me with a shipping date. After they determine the date, they f@#k it up. @ FedEx. It's fine though as the springs show up from UPS tomorrow. The were shipped the same day from Arizona that my wheels and tires were from Ohio.
Ah, hell, Andre. When I still lived in the north land Fed-Ex could not find my zip code! Seriously.
But, down here in sunny AZ, I think they are both about the same.........equally bad!

Old 03-04-2021, 07:31 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,202 Likes on 685 Posts
Andre...my IQ dropped about 80 points after getting my wisdom teeth removed. Other then that it was a breeze...had to eat mashed potatoes for about a week and looked like a chipmonk!

Heading off to get the taxes done...hoping we don't have to pay too much to support the illegals and bums.

These 45 degree mornings are killing me...need to get back to the 80's like this past weekend.

Take care guys!!

Old 03-04-2021, 08:19 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,716 Posts
Old 03-04-2021, 09:46 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,616 Likes on 740 Posts
I have a neighbor who adopted a special needs child and always amazes me that the love and effort they have to put into raising this child. It always amazes me the sense of humor they have and they deal with the every day occurrence of this young boy. I just had to share their post from this morning.

Beth And I used to joke that if kids came with shoes attached to there feet it would save us hundreds of hours looking for shoes.... Turns out we were wrong. You can misplace whole legs feet and shoes and search far and wide only to find them by the trampoline...

Old 03-04-2021, 10:11 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,477 Likes on 2,305 Posts
That's awesome!

Old 03-04-2021, 11:01 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,716 Posts
That's great Jon, one of my favorite sounds is the laughter when kids are happy and playing,
hats off to your neighbors.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most