Need help! Trailer lights - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Need help! Trailer lights

Old 06-11-2012, 09:57 PM
ford141
Elder User
ford141 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need help! Trailer lights

Hey guys, need some help here. Just bought my first diesel, a 2008 Crew/long 6.4/auto truck. Love it so far, but I hooked up to my trailer and I have no power at all to the trailer lights. Tested at the truck plug, nothing. No running lights or turn signal/brake lights. Trailer brakes work fine. Is there a fuse specific to the lights? Truck plug isn't corroded and everything seems to be hooked up.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 PM
the beast 1
Junior User
the beast 1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have an 01 superduty and it has seperate fuses under the hood for the trailer lights. not sure if your truck is the same. check owners manual should list them.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM
ford141
Elder User
ford141 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep, that was it. I had looked at the fuse panel inside but everything was OK. Didn't know about the one under the hood. Man they hid that thing in there well. My 04 Super Duty only had a fuse panel inside, but it was a V10. Both fuses were blown, popped new ones in and it works like a charm.

Thanks for the help!

Now I have to fix the tow/haul switch.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Quad Racer
Posting Guru
Quad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to all
There are but I dont know about them. They may be in a seperate fuse box? I'm assuming you've checked the wiring and connections at the rear?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.