Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6637 and other things

Old 05-21-2012, 06:20 PM
barko4
Junior User
barko4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
6637 and other things

Okay, I know there are a million threads on here about that, but there are so many they confuse me. What I want to do is remove the stock airbox, run a 4" exhaust pipe directly to the turbo and back to the airfilter, and I believe I will have to do the CCV as well. My question is, can someone definitively tell me what length of 4" pipe to get, and what will I need to run the CCV mod underneath the truck? One more thing, I want to get a turbo back exhaust, 4" all the way, Does the manufacturer matter, or just go the cheapest price for a system?

Old 05-21-2012, 06:27 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
I don't know of a write-up or a thread with dimensions for 4" tubing to the turbo, but I know of a few that have done it. I know you would need at least one boot to clamp it to the turbo and then the bending necessary to get it where you want it.

As for the CCV, you just turn the doghouse around then clamp on your hose and where you want to route it is what determines the length.

I would get exhaust dependant upon where you live ie salt corrosion. If that's not an issue aluminized tubing should be fine, otherwise stainless will get a little more life.

I guess to answer your questions, no I can't tell you what length of pipe or hose but 6 feet will get it below the cab.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 PM
just another truck
Post Fiend
just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
snakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to behold
cheap exhaust is fine
i just used the stock pipe and used a 4" pipe to connect them so no help

Old 05-21-2012, 08:03 PM
barko4
Junior User
okay, for the 6637 I would need two 4.5" clamps, a filter and a certain length of exhaust pipe with a 45 degree bend. My question is how long does the exhaust pipe need to be? I went to napa and all the guy said he had with a 45 degree bend was one that was 12" long each side from the center of the bend (24" long). Would that be long enough to to reach the turbo AND still sit where the airbox used to be at?

Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 PM
smithrock
Senior User
smithrock is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Look at Guzzle's 6637 mod and CCV delete mods. I just did my 6637 and CCV delete today. Fabricated my own adapters out of aluminum. Used the stock intake hose- most people do! I think your making it more difficult than it has to be. Riffraff also has instructions on how to do both

Old 05-21-2012, 09:08 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
IIRC Richard(Deluxe06) had made a one piece intake, and was considering building more...he might know the dimensions for you. You are wanting a setup like this right???

Old 05-21-2012, 09:21 PM
barko4
Junior User
Yes! That is what I want. Where can I get it?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:43 PM
smithrock
Senior User
smithrock is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If that's what your looking for, there's tons of them on eBay!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:42 AM
barko4
Junior User
Thanks fellas!