Well success got her running! BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 05:18 PM
kobaltblue
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well success got her running! BUT...

Sounds great runs smooth and a hell of alot quieter with the turbo

I didnt get to take it for a drive, Seams like I might have something hooked up wrong on the computer its acting like its in second gear and I have no OD light...

Should the light come on when I put it in gear and press it? Dont want to burn up the dam thing...Goes into reverse just fine just seams like the parking brake is on forward....

Or

Because I broke the neutral safety switch well I was shoe horning this thing in and had to upgrade to the 95 sensor range and I wired it wrong but I cant find the pamphlet...

I should of put my floor jack under the rear end and went through the gears first but want to get it running.....Now I have to get it 20 feet up a 20* driveway

Old 05-19-2012, 08:43 PM
kobaltblue
Elder User
Could someone please post me the 95 sensor range neutral safety switch.....I cant find the darn thing been searching now for 2 hours...Me and this search button are going the rounds tonight

I'm 95% positive thats what I have wrong.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:04 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
uh oh you broke it now.
what were you doing over on that side?
here ya go;

1994 Bronco E4OD MLPS Replacement - FSB Forums

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...connectors.jpg

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/2...d-archive.html

get 'er done.

are you sure you didn't frig up the solenoid pack plug on the passenger side? without that hooked,she'll start out in 2nd.but you'd have to have a pretty dang worn out converter if she doesn't take off in 2nd gear easy enough.might want to address this before you crank up the fuel for the turbo.probably have her screaming uncle after a couple runs lol.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:37 PM
kobaltblue
Elder User
Im going to go over all the wiring in the morning...I may have fudged up a few hopefully there on the range sensor I used a check list on the solenoid pack well wiring but you never know...

Its a tight converter trans worked great before I yanked it from the donor so I know its my wiring screw up...Cant wait to take her for a spin

If all else fails I'll order a Baumann controller Monday.

Thanks for the links.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:47 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
oh i forgot what your up to i guess.i thought your just installing a turbo,but your swapping in or replacing an E40D too i take it?
well,without any power to the trans,she should still move ahead for ya in 2nd gear.if not,its a mechanical problem,not electrical.
good luck.

edit;
oh before i crash for the night..........
one guy here had a failed mlps that caused a 4th gear start.sounds like your issue.to get 'er up the hill in the morning to work on it,just put it in manual 1st or 2nd,either will give her 2nd gear and drive right up for ya since you know the trans is good.
if that doesn't work/mlps still frigs her up.then just unhook the main pcm harness and then slap her down in 1 or 2 and she'll drive right up for ya.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 PM
kobaltblue
Elder User
Yea its this one https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...as-to-idi.html

So with no power it will still move, Could that cause it to act like its got the parking brake on? I did replace the relay maybe its the wrong one or not working,I'll do a power check tomorrow and see if that the culprit, Will it damage the tranny trying to move it...Have to get it back in the shop to work on it didnt want to let her idol and smell the place up.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:53 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
only something mechanical will cause it to feel like that if you slide the selector down into manual 1 or 2 and it still feels that way.----- pretty darn sure anyway.
if you know first hand the trans was working fine in your donor,then it's probably trying to take off in 4th or something due to an incorrectly pinned or failed mlps,since you just just tried it out in the D position most likely.
hopefully that's what you find out today.is that she has second gear when you manually select the 2 position.you just drive her back up where you need it in 2nd,correct your wiring mistake on the updated mlps,and all is good.

that's a nice project you got going!

Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 PM
kobaltblue
Elder User
Thanks it gets alot of complements.

Got it!

Went through the whole harness and there was 2 wires reversed on the range sensor and of all things the solenoid pack wire was reversed the main clip broke off so it can be plugged in backwards,There is no other plug that can be plugged in wrong because they put that lug on the plugs except that one!

Good thing to know about unplugging the power and being able to move it.

Put it up on a jack and manually went through all the gears and overdrive all works great, Hard to tell if its shifting in D with no speedo or tach yet being the genital shifting tranny it is, OD button is working too.

The only thing I question is pin# 6 on the controller (On the wiring diagram for the computer "TECA") My VSS doesnt have a PK/O wire Its there but it dead ends in the plug I think that might be for a 4X4 on the OD diagram it shows it as a ground for the TECA, I dont know if I have to ground them together or if they can be separate.

Thanks for all your help!