Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 1000th post

Old 05-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
My 1000th post

I wanted to say something special for my 1000th post. I thought about the write-up on my new HPOP... but it's not ready. Maybe I should write something funny about my current trip. I have a new graphic I've been working on and I could have posted that. I wanted to thank everybody for all the help and reps - but my plans were trumped yesterday. This will go off-topic, but this is my unofficial hangout and you're my cohorts.

My new T500 has been getting a workout to test the perormance of the pump and "Stinky", but it was time to stretch Stinky's legs for MPG numbers. The only way we're going to get MPG numbers on these long-legged beasts is to plan something really far away. One visit to www.weather.gov guided me to Ocean Shores for the weekend. I knew what I had in mind... Tsunami debri is arriving and there are plenty of beaches less-occupied (less competition) to the North.

I was hoping to find something like that soccer ball with the kid's name on it - that would be cool to return something with a name on it and get a sort of pen pal. That's not how it plays out on the beach. It's a sombre time... sifting through shoes, clothing, bottles, pieces of furniture, burnt wood, along with all the American trash and fishing gear that floats ashore. I found a few bottles with Japanese markings - that's all I could find that had authentication. I'll post pictures of the bottles when I get a chance.

The part that really got me was the child's shoe. I have no way of knowing where it really came from, or if that particular shoe was indicative of the fate of the owner. There was a need to evalute it: That means enough children died in the disaster that some shlub thousands of miles away found a shoe on the beach a year later - and thought of them.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:05 AM
mueckster
Post Fiend
mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
Congrats on #1000!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:22 AM
smithrock
Senior User
smithrock is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice! I just hit 208 a milestone for sure! And for that I'm going to enjoy my coffee while I'm working a little OT today!

edit: make that 209!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:31 AM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
trekbasso has a great reputation on FTE.trekbasso has a great reputation on FTE.trekbasso has a great reputation on FTE.trekbasso has a great reputation on FTE.
Way to go Tugly. I love following your posts.
A while back, you discovered a "mod" to your MAP sensor. Any follow up results from your find?

I can't say you all are lucky, because of the debris, but because of the west coast location there are certainly reminders of a different world across the ocean.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by trekbasso View Post
Way to go Tugly. I love following your posts.
A while back, you discovered a "mod" to your MAP sensor. Any follow up results from your find?

I can't say you all are lucky, because of the debris, but because of the west coast location there are certainly reminders of a different world across the ocean.
I can certainly say there was a difference when I removed that "mod". I got a 3-4 PSI rise in 80e boost, noticeably more acceleration in stock and tunes, a 1 MPG bump in economy, and a bit more coal when I first stomp on it (until the turbo spools up). Just a theory here: The lying MAP sensor told the tune I didn't have enough air for more fuel. Once the MAP stopped lying to the tuner, the tuner said "Oh... OK. I've got air now, so lets throw a little fuel on the fire." I just hope all that time of running lean didn't hurt anything other than performance.

Thanks for the kind words on my posts! I need to show this to my wife to assure her I'm not spending my time on the dating sites.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM
sand_fiend
Work in Progress
sand_fiend has a very good reputation on FTE.sand_fiend has a very good reputation on FTE.sand_fiend has a very good reputation on FTE.
Congrats, Post Wh#re

Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
Here's to your next 1,000 posts.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 AM
hanklin
Ambassador
hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Congrats are in order

Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 AM
DemonRace6
Hi!
DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Congrats on 1000!