Sponsored by:

On a budget???

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:41 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by gr8scott72
The whole thread IS about shocks and how to get one of the best available for basically free.

If you don't like reading about it THEN JUST DON'T CLICK ON IT.
GREAT SCOTT!! You remind me of my old girlfriend.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:50 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by riggers
Well I don't understand, how can u possibly think they are overpriced? I got mine for $18 bucks net and HE made a PROFIT for his cause he sold the lift. I will soon have been paid too, as my lift is being picked up tomorrow for 150. So what about that sounds like overpriced?I counter that WE got the cheap shocks. LOL
I wasn't referring to you, I'm just saying this is headed for another retail shock thread.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Alright guys, let's stay calm.

Brent, people may upset you because they are spending money on stuff you deem foolish, or on items you feel are overpriced, but it's their money to spend. Whether it's $18 bucks, $80 bucks, or a grand. Whatever the item or cost, please stop repeatedly knocking them for their choice.

We all know how frugal you are. Whether by choice or not, it's to be commended, but it doesn't give you license to stir-it-up when others don't share your opinion or point of view.

To everyone, let's get back to the point of the thread and stop the bickering.

Stewart

Old 05-15-2012, 06:18 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
I said; "whatever, it's your money." in my post.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:35 PM
riggers
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ArmorAll Extreme Shield wax has a rebate for $10 until December. Since I got my truck stuck in the mud today I was thinking I might buy it so I can clean her up good. Is $4 after rebate a good price for wax? Has anyone tried this product? The tire stuff also has a $5 rebate on it. (PS. I got pulled out by a dodge.) rofl. Although it was blowing white smoke everywhere pulling me. (that can't be good!)

Old 05-16-2012, 09:10 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the info riggers, I will have to figure out all the stuff I need tomorrow and get an order in. You gave me a way to get new shocks past my wife.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 AM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
I got mine today they seem really really really soft I can push them in by hand on all settings (with little change from 1 to 9) the ones I have on the excursion now I had to use a jack to compress the rears during install. I have not installed them yet not sure but did I get 4 bad shocks?

Old 05-17-2012, 09:41 AM
timf150
Laughing Gas
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts
Sorry, I did not try pushing them in on any setting but 1.

I can tell you there is a big difference in between 1 and 7 when they are installed. It was a stiff ride. I believe I now have them at 5 in the front and 6/7 in the rear and I like it.

The best part is that I can change it if I want.

Tim M

Old 05-17-2012, 12:54 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
I started at Amazon.com and put everything in and with the correct shocks for my future V/B upgrade and the cheapest Jeep lift I could find. My order came to $620.23 with free shipping. I know that is still a deal but my wife said no (for now) since I have to pay a $2200 bill on the Excursion at the body shop tomorrow. I put everything in my wishlist and hope to be able to get it in June before the rebate expires. Maybe I will get an Amazon gift card or two for Fathers Day then I could throw in the My Ride wireless controller with all of this.
Kudo's again to Riggers for all the work in finding this and bringing it to our attention.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:57 AM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
I got mine all installed and the my ride hooked up I must say I am not impressed these are not what I had expected I do not see a night and day over the ones I had on there (Max Control from autozone). If these were not free after rebate they would go back. I feel rancho is no longer an authority in shocks.

Now the myRide is pretty cool I like being able to adjust the shocks on the fly. If you get it be sure to mount the compresser outside as it is loud. I mounted it to the back of the air box and the controller to the front and ran all the aire lines from there. Also do not wire it directly to the batt like the directions say, as it will kick on through out the night and over time I can see it killing the batt as it keep the shocks at your setting.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:09 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Originally Posted by BuiltFordTough!
I got mine all installed and the my ride hooked up I must say I am not impressed these are not what I had expected I do not see a night and day over the ones I had on there (Max Control from autozone). If these were not free after rebate they would go back. I feel rancho is no longer an authority in shocks.

Now the myRide is pretty cool I like being able to adjust the shocks on the fly. If you get it be sure to mount the compresser outside as it is loud. I mounted it to the back of the air box and the controller to the front and ran all the aire lines from there. Also do not wire it directly to the batt like the directions say, as it will kick on through out the night and over time I can see it killing the batt as it keep the shocks at your setting.
My question is why is the compressor running when you are not adjusting the shocks? I would think if it kicks in when you are not adjusting the shocks that it could mean that you have a leak in the lines? I am glad you gave us an update of your seat of the pants feeling on the shocks.
I will still go with the Rancho's as my current shocks are shot, but I will probably pass on the My Ride controller. It helps that this will make them REALLY CHEAP!!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:38 AM
f150crewcab
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by gr8scott72
(stock height)
RS999267
RS999266
If you do the V/B spring swap, which I understand raises the front/rear around 1.5" to 2", will these stock height shocks (say that 5x real fast) still work?

FYI, Amazon prices for these shocks as of today: $96 (front), $100 (rear).

Old 06-06-2012, 07:47 AM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Originally Posted by f150crewcab
If you do the V/B spring swap, which I understand raises the front/rear around 1.5" to 2", will these stock height shocks (say that 5x real fast) still work?

FYI, Amazon prices for these shocks as of today: $96 (front), $100 (rear).

They worked fine for me.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Sigskydiver
Senior User
Did my shopping on Autoplicity. The shocks (RS999266 ($80.68), RS999267 ($79.54)) and lift kit (RS6444 ($204.44)) came to a total of $574.86 with shipping. Any idea how much I should ask for this lift kit on eBay??

Old 06-06-2012, 08:48 AM
timf150
Laughing Gas
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts
I was able to sell mine on CraigsList for $100 and I believe Riggers sold hers for $150.

Tim M

Quick Reply: On a budget???