costco rebate

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:59 AM
michaeloac
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
costco rebate

Just wondering if anyone has used the $1000.00 costco rebate? Do you know if you can use it with the "A" plan? Thanks for any info you can give, Mike

Old 02-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Rob.D
Elder User
Does it work with the X-plan? Do you place the order the truck direct through Costco?

Old 02-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Pilgrim
Mountain Pass
Don't have any idea what an A plan is but I can tell you what I did here in Canada:

Went to my local dealer and spec'd the truck I wanted to order and agreed on price. Dealer asked for my Costco membership number and wrote it down (I think I had to sign it, to.?) and deducted $1000 off the price. Couldn't have been simpler.

Hope that helps.?

Pilgrim

Old 02-10-2012, 06:45 PM
flixden
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by michaeloac
Just wondering if anyone has used the $1000.00 costco rebate? Do you know if you can use it with the "A" plan? Thanks for any info you can give, Mike
Is that a Canada thing? Here, the Costco recommended dealer just tells you a pre-negotiated price which was a little over invoice, not $1,000 off or something. I was able to negotiate a price that was $500 lower than the Costco deal with a different dealer, exact same truck (it was a custom order).
The $1,000 off you are referring to, off of what is that? MSRP? Negotiated price, etc?
From my understanding, deals like the Costco price can not be combined with A-plan, D-plan or X-plan pricing.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Pilgrim
Mountain Pass
Not sure of the details. Here, you just make your deal, then tell them you're a Costco member. They ask your number and $1000 off. It's only on at certain times. Not sure if it's a current promotion or not.

Pilgrim

Old 02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
michaeloac
Senior User
I called costco and the deal is that you have to go to a participating dealer and they have a predetermined price, there is NO $1000 rebate, I got some bum info. I also got ordered a brochure from ford hoping for a $750 coupon. Well it arrived today and lo and behold the coupon was there !!! That's the good news, the bad news is I can't use it with the "A" plan. You can use it with the "X" plan though, Mike

Old 02-10-2012, 08:40 PM
flixden
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by michaeloac
I called costco and the deal is that you have to go to a participating dealer and they have a predetermined price, there is NO $1000 rebate, I got some bum info. I also got ordered a brochure from ford hoping for a $750 coupon. Well it arrived today and lo and behold the coupon was there !!! That's the good news, the bad news is I can't use it with the "A" plan. You can use it with the "X" plan though, Mike
Yeah, that's how I know it.
I used a $750 coupon as well. Costco price was within a few bucks of X-plan, pretty much the same. Both of those included a fuel surcharge, and an adv fee on the invoice sheet. I was able to find a third dealer who dropped these two extra charges, and as a result he was about $500 below X-plan and Costco. He also happened to be the dealer offering me the most for my trade (blue book). I made the deal with that dealer over the phone, and went in the next day to order. It was the best car buying experience ever. They never tried to sell me anything else - not when ordering, not when picking up the truck. No warranties, no cloth protection, no spray in or on this or that.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:20 PM
clydesride
Senior User
Originally Posted by flixden
Yeah, that's how I know it.
I used a $750 coupon as well. Costco price was within a few bucks of X-plan, pretty much the same. Both of those included a fuel surcharge, and an adv fee on the invoice sheet. I was able to find a third dealer who dropped these two extra charges, and as a result he was about $500 below X-plan and Costco. He also happened to be the dealer offering me the most for my trade (blue book). I made the deal with that dealer over the phone, and went in the next day to order. It was the best car buying experience ever. They never tried to sell me anything else - not when ordering, not when picking up the truck. No warranties, no cloth protection, no spray in or on this or that.
I too had one of those best ever buying experiences at (shameless plug coming here) Hanna Ford in Collingwood. Worth the drive from almost anywhere, they don't dick around, they are pleasant and no poo pricing. I will buy again and again from them, no question. I didn't qualify for the Costco deal and they did ask but their pricing was excellent anyway, I guess it would have been even lower but no worries, worth not having to argue about anything to me.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 PM
cgartly
Senior User
The costco deal in Canada is just a $1,000 cash rebate. I think the Costco deal in the USA is better pricing with no rebate.